Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #2,656 of 3,931
Quick question: how long does it take to have your headphones shipped to china? I've sent mine almost three weeks ago and they didn't show up yet. I used french company collisimo, payed about 20eu. The thing is I don's speak french too well so I didn't get the tracking number after all. Am I doomed or is there a hope?

May 13, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #2,657 of 3,931

Quote:
Quick question: how long does it take to have your headphones shipped to china? I've sent mine almost three weeks ago and they didn't show up yet. I used french company collisimo, payed about 20eu. The thing is I don's speak french too well so I didn't get the tracking number after all. Am I doomed or is there a hope?

You are not doomed: mine took almost two(!) months, due to huge shipping delays from Italy to far east countries. I think you should try and find a way to ask Collisimo the tracking number...

May 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #2,658 of 3,931
I cant express how much I love my remolded e5c`s! these things sound absolutely amazing!

May 19, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #2,662 of 3,931
Does anyone have a picture of the UM cable? I've been looking through the thread and haven't come across one that shows the entire cable.  Mainly I'm interested in what they use for cable management.  Is it similar to the Westone slider or is it just a plastic tube (for lack of a better term) similar to the Null Audio Lune?  I wasn't a big fan of the cable management on the Lune (it never seemed to stay in place) so any info anyone has would be appreciated.

May 19, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #2,663 of 3,931
Plastic tube.

Comparing the Westone and UM cables in hand....in the most unbiased fashion we can, the UM cable outclasses the Westone one in every way.  (Microphonics, Softness, Useability).  That being said, if the customer wants a Westone Cable, we at UMAus are more than happy to supply them with one, obviously against our advice!

All the important bits below...

May 19, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #2,665 of 3,931

Hey UMAus...you might have missed this question on the last page so just reposting it...

"I'm close to getting my TripleFi 10s remolded with the added driver and just had a quick question about the cables/sockets.  From what I've read in this thread (almost through all 177 pages) I understand that there are 2 different types of sockets (custom and universal) and 2 mounting types (recessed and flat).  My guess (and question) is that if I want the most flexibility when it comes to cable choices I should go with a flat custom socket...is that correct?  I will probably be ordering a Westone cable or a UM cable, but also have a Null Audio Lune that I'd like to also use.  Will the Lune fit in the same socket as the Westone/UM cable?

Thanks for any info!"

May 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #2,666 of 3,931
Hey Stix, 

Unfortunately we don't know much about the Lune Cable at all.

The important things are pin size (diameter) and then the size of the housing.  

What we can tell is that the Westone and obviously the UM cable both fit the recessed socket and you are DEFINITELY going to want to go the recessed socket over a flush socket.

May 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2,668 of 3,931

Quote:
Hey Stix, 

Unfortunately we don't know much about the Lune Cable at all.

The important things are pin size (diameter) and then the size of the housing.  

What we can tell is that the Westone and obviously the UM cable both fit the recessed socket and you are DEFINITELY going to want to go the recessed socket over a flush socket.

Thanks.  Personally, I think I'll just buy another UM cable from you guys if I ever need one.  Makes it easy. :)

May 25, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #2,669 of 3,931

Quote:
Not the DBA-02 apparently... according to Stephen Guo, UM Lab says the BA transducers are uniquely attached to the housings such that when they try to take them out, they risk damaging the drivers.

That's a shame. With the problems going on with Fischer Audio and their distributors... I was hoping that if something wrong happens to my DBA-02, I could remold it.

I guess I'll just have to REALLY, REALLY baby them now.

May 27, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #2,670 of 3,931
It's been 6 weeks that I have sent my triple.fi's and impressions and it never arrived to UM in China. I'm starting to think that my package was lost or stolen. What should I do next?

If by any chance it was held in customs(I declared 30eu value!) how long can it be stuck there?

huh, the wait is so frustrating 
blink.gif

m.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back