Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
May 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #2,611 of 3,931
Don't worry, UM lab should be able to fix it for a very small price. 

Quote:
hey guys, I know profanity isn't allowed here but mind if I use it on myself?

F%@# ME!

I've had my remolded C3pros for a month now? and I just stepped through my front door with my right side dangling as I chatted with my mom, and the cable just detached itself from the custom, and I watched it bounce on my living room smooth tiled floor. Looking under halogen light I noticed a long crack running down the side of the canal tip, and I can feel the edge of it if I try.

Incredibly damn frustrated with myself at this point.

May 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #2,612 of 3,931
Wow, this is exceptional service...popping up in the thread to take care of the customer!

Quote:
Don't worry, UM lab should be able to fix it for a very small price. 

May 4, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #2,615 of 3,931

Quote:
hey guys, I know profanity isn't allowed here but mind if I use it on myself?

F%@# ME!

I've had my remolded C3pros for a month now? and I just stepped through my front door with my right side dangling as I chatted with my mom, and the cable just detached itself from the custom, and I watched it bounce on my living room smooth tiled floor. Looking under halogen light I noticed a long crack running down the side of the canal tip, and I can feel the edge of it if I try.

Incredibly damn frustrated with myself at this point.

I know the pain. I'm really sorry for your earphones
Mine (left earpiece) dropped from 50cm on the floor with the same result as yours. Although no isolation or sound issues occurred so I still use them

May 5, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,616 of 3,931

Quote:
Fromm what I've seen and heard on this web forum, I would like to send my TF10 to UMaus but alas, I've already paid the US rep, so I would assume (make an ass of you and me) that I'll have to risk it now with the iffy proposition of sending my TF10 to China with the $30 insurance. I'm willing to take the risk, but still... I'm still somehow hoping I can send it to our Aussie friends. It feels safer and worth any extra money I would have to pay (hint hint) so if you're listening UMaus...

Send an email to sales@uniquemelody.com.au

May 5, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #2,617 of 3,931

Nice!

Quote:
Well they finally arrived....re-moulded Shure SE530. It has taken almost exactly 2 months to get them back, but I've got to say that so far it has been worth the wait. I have literally only just received them, so have only a few minutes of listening done but so far so good. They are comfortable and the sound is exceptional.

Not sure how many people from the UK have attempted to order from unique melody recently, but it is now run through AmpCity.

Anyway, as I haven't had much chance to listen yet I'm not going to comment much on the sound, but I thought some pics might be appropriate so here you go:

Thanks

Mike

May 6, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #2,618 of 3,931
Went and got impressions today at the audiologist.  Surprisingly, I mentioned the bite block and he said it's not necessary and just got me to open my mouth and wiggle it around every couple of minutes during the 5 minutes while the putty was setting.

Hope they still work out ok.  

EDIT: Spoke to UM Aus and they are going to organise impressions again for me.  They'll advise the audiologist that a bite block must be used and the jaw needs to have minimal movement

May 6, 2011 at 3:06 AM Post #2,619 of 3,931
I just sent my impressions to UM via AmpCity in the UK. The audiologist only charged £15 for both ears. I have sent a pair of Shure SE 530 and have not gone for extra drivers.

If I like them, I will send my W3's for the full treatment.

I hope it doesn't take too long before I get them back.
smile.gif

May 6, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #2,620 of 3,931
>Went and got impressions today at the audiologist. Surprisingly, I mentioned about the bite block and he said it's not necessary and just got me to open my mouth and wiggle it around every couple of minutes during the 5 minutes while the putty was setting.

mine (referred to by UMAu) just said he didn't have one :D. He looked surprised when I pulled out an apple as suggested in the UMAu 'for customers/audiologists impressions info' sheet.

May 6, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #2,623 of 3,931

Quote:
Quote:
svyr, when will you sm3x6 arrive?

Let's say "it's complicated" and I'm not sure. UMAus can fill in on that one
wink.gif

Interesting. I've been enjoying mine lately. :) Using the Sansa Clip+. It sounds better without some amps bass boost and the mids started to fill in nicely as well. Hope you enjoy yours.

May 6, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #2,624 of 3,931

Quote:
Went and got impressions today at the audiologist.  Surprisingly, I mentioned about the bite block and he said it's not necessary and just got me to open my mouth and wiggle it around every couple of minutes during the 5 minutes while the putty was setting.

Hope they still work out ok.  

EDIT: Spoke to UM Aus and they are going to organise impressions again for me.  They'll advise the audiologist that a bite block must be used and the jaw needs to have minimal movement

Thanks Stix, we're chasing it up with our audiologist and will have you sorted early next week.  Frankly what you audiologist did was pretty unacceptable by our standards...(but it wont cost him his job!)...

Quote:
Quote:
svyr, when will you sm3x6 arrive?

Let's say "it's complicated" and I'm not sure. UMAus can fill in on that one
wink.gif

You have some great clients and the experience is smooth and fantastic.

Then you have some clients where something goes a bit wrong, but it's no biggie.

Then you have some clients who are downright impossible to please.

Then you have Svyr.

The answer to the above question however is...soon. (yes, now it's our turn to be difficult!)

Quote:

Interesting. I've been enjoying mine lately. :) Using the Sansa Clip+. It sounds better without some amps bass boost and the mids started to fill in nicely as well. Hope you enjoy yours.

So glad you are enjoying them mate...keep us posted!

May 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #2,625 of 3,931
You have some great clients and the experience is smooth and fantastic.

Then you have some clients where something goes a bit wrong, but it's no biggie.

Then you have some clients who are downright impossible to please.

Then you have Svyr.

The answer to the above question however is...soon. (yes, now it's our turn to be difficult!)

lol, as I said "it's complicated" :D. (although I don't think MoTs (industry insiders ?) are allowed to sound almost capricious :wink: )

That said, you guys kept me entertained with a loaner demo and were very attentive to my (at times bordering on unreasonable and terrorist) requests.:p I can't help but feel thankful and admire your commitment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back