Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #2,356 of 3,931

Quote:
Well when i got my remolded Triple.Fi 10 Pro's (plus additional driver) i bought a Westone ES3 cable and i thought it was pretty decent, although the wire did start to rust after a while (turns green but doesn't affect sound quality), and also the plastic bit that goes around your ears is a teeny bit short. Read from MaoDi's review of the UM Miracle that UM started making their own cables and they're pretty decent too, i think you should give that a try :)

you mean westone ES2 cable right? personally if you can go for lune cable.  TF10 + 1 driver will have lot of bass and bright high. Lune cable make the high less hash and define the bass while widen the soundstage.

Feb 5, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #2,357 of 3,931

Quote:
Quote:
Well when i got my remolded Triple.Fi 10 Pro's (plus additional driver) i bought a Westone ES3 cable and i thought it was pretty decent, although the wire did start to rust after a while (turns green but doesn't affect sound quality), and also the plastic bit that goes around your ears is a teeny bit short. Read from MaoDi's review of the UM Miracle that UM started making their own cables and they're pretty decent too, i think you should give that a try :)

you mean westone ES2 cable right? personally if you can go for lune cable.  TF10 + 1 driver will have lot of bass and bright high. Lune cable make the high less hash and define the bass while widen the soundstage.

Actually, th ES Cable.  ( No such thing as ES2 or ES3 cable). Lune is a great cable, got to hear it for a little bit. Custom-Iem,com also has Beat Audio cables available which have had great responses.

Feb 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #2,358 of 3,931
I tried ordering from Null Audio last year and their service was just piss poor. I wont be ordering from them again.

What the difference between the beat cables? Theres no description of the actual cable and some are priced higher than others.

Has anyone tried Audiohubs Hybrid cable? Ive been reading up audiohubs work they do and they seem to spend their time on R&D for better cables.

http://audiohub.com.sg/cables/

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2,360 of 3,931

Quote:
I tried ordering from Null Audio last year and their service was just piss poor. I wont be ordering from them again.

What the difference between the beat cables? Theres no description of the actual cable and some are priced higher than others.

Has anyone tried Audiohubs Hybrid cable? Ive been reading up audiohubs work they do and they seem to spend their time on R&D for better cables.

http://audiohub.com.sg/cables/

If you mean the Beat Audio cables, yes, there are differences between them. Please note that the following are based on my own findings/understanding and I have not personally heard any of the products. I am also trying to find out more about them before committing to a purchase.

"Trophy" should be tuned more towards classical music, "Aurora" and "Blues" are more towards general improvements. IIRC, "Rhymes" will reduce bass and enhance treble and midrange. As for the "Supreme" series, they are enhanced versions of "Blues". I suspect "Hera", "Cronus" and "Zeus" are variants of "Transwrap"

custom-iem.com did not list "The One". This cable uses the MoonAudio Silver Dragon IEM cable as base.

As for AudioHub hybrid cable, some guys had purchased the cable to pair with their TF10s and reported good result. This post is a short comparison between Lune and AudioHub cable. Do note the AudioHub cable compared was v2, now it is at v3.1 and Louis is already working hard on v4. The cable is continually going through improvements to enhance not only on the sound and also durability and comfort. The owner Louis is very responsive and will work with you to further customize the cable to your needs.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #2,361 of 3,931
Just got my sets from UM just recently. I had a good day or two to listen to them and I do have to admit I am surprised at the sound quality. But it is doesn't sound like my TF10s. Still has a decent bass punch line like the TF10s, but everything is more balanced out, including the mids and the highs. Although, the highs need some breaking in it seems because its not my favorite. Its not as bright as I thought it would be. Although you are able to notice a huge expansion in the frequencies. It even seems like they opened up the lows a little more. LOL that may be a placebo effect from having a new piece of equipment, but it sounds awesome. Although, I do have to admit the sound stage seems a little smaller than the TF10s. I know I shouldn't compare it to the TF10s, but that's where it originally came from and I couldn't help but compare the two. I LOVE my remolds.

They did get the colors wrong. My color combination was supposed to be a transparent orange and transparent black (kind of smokey). But they put in opaque black instead. Understandable but the build quality is still impeccable and unmatched. Sound isolation is amazing. 

To be frank I like it; they look sexy either way.

What are your experiences with reshelling your TF10s + Drivers?

Did you find them to become more neutral?

Did your pair need to be broken in to get your desired sound sig?

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2,363 of 3,931
I see, thanks for that information. custom-iem website is really vague when it comes to description and pictures.

Ive ended up ordering a supreme cable. Do you know if it has memory wire?

I cant seem to find any reviews or pics of it..

Quote:
If you mean the Beat Audio cables, yes, there are differences between them. Please note that the following are based on my own findings/understanding and I have not personally heard any of the products. I am also trying to find out more about them before committing to a purchase.

"Trophy" should be tuned more towards classical music, "Aurora" and "Blues" are more towards general improvements. IIRC, "Rhymes" will reduce bass and enhance treble and midrange. As for the "Supreme" series, they are enhanced versions of "Blues". I suspect "Hera", "Cronus" and "Zeus" are variants of "Transwrap"

custom-iem.com did not list "The One". This cable uses the MoonAudio Silver Dragon IEM cable as base.

As for AudioHub hybrid cable, some guys had purchased the cable to pair with their TF10s and reported good result. This post is a short comparison between Lune and AudioHub cable. Do note the AudioHub cable compared was v2, now it is at v3.1 and Louis is already working hard on v4. The cable is continually going through improvements to enhance not only on the sound and also durability and comfort. The owner Louis is very responsive and will work with you to further customize the cable to your needs.

Feb 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #2,365 of 3,931

Quote:
I see, thanks for that information. custom-iem website is really vague when it comes to description and pictures.

Ive ended up ordering a supreme cable. Do you know if it has memory wire?

I cant seem to find any reviews or pics of it..

not sure if my contribution will help. but i've bought non-mainstream cables (well not the ones made by UE/Westone/UM etc.) before and my cables don't have memory cables but instead they coat the portion of the cable that fits around the ear with thicker plastic and therefore shapes the "earshape" accordingly. The "curve" of how they shape the cable should be comfortable for most ears, but i have had irritations after prolonged use.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #2,366 of 3,931
Help me out here - which one of these to reshell?

SE420 with damaged splitter area cabling, Klipsch Custom 3 or possibly an upcoming SM3?

The SE420 + PtoS adapter I've fallen in love with, found them to be more engaging than the Klipsch but used the Klipsch more often ever since the splitter area of the 420s are damaged (intermittent sound coming to either side of the earphones). For the record, I found the original SE420 dull and boring. Pretty lifeless.

The KC3, I like a lot, gets me foot tapping a lot of the time too, but being at the darker side of neutrality, they don't have the same treble energy the SE420 PtoS have, and are a smidgen less detailed across the entire spectrum as well in the 3 main frequency bodies. That said, its less fatiguing VS the SE420PtoS.

An SM3 is on its way from Australia to me present place of work. Hoping to recieve them sometime next week. If it sound anything remotely like the UM3X (but with that slightly more extended treble + treble energy) + better separation and soundstaging, I'd probably be really happy with it. For the record however, I can't decide between the SE420 PtoS and UM3X, as the UM3X was more relaxing whilst the SE420 PtoS was more engaging.

Of the above stated, I've been considering just either a pure reshelling of the SE420 and just throwing a 75 Ohm impedance adapter into the line, or reshell the KC3 and add a tweeter into the mix, or maybe just reshell the SM3 when it arrive.

What to do, what to do? o.O

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #2,368 of 3,931
Good point. Wonder what the effect of combining the KC3 and SE420 would be like o.O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back