Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #1,996 of 3,931
hi...
anyone here tried re-shelling and upgrading to 6 drivers their UE700 here?
cause i want to upgrade themto 6 drivers...with 3way crossover and maybe dual or triple bore.

is there any difference on bore numbers in terms of sound quality?

Oct 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #1,998 of 3,931
im in the same situation and they still have not gotten back to me and mines been in china for neally a month waiting.... i declared mine as $400 and its been there since the 27 of August
frown.gif

Quote:
Has anyone had any issues with their shipment to UM getting delayed in customs?

I shipped my JH13's for remolding via FedEx and according to the tracking information, they got to China, but the status says "Clearance Delay". The email I got said that UM needed to deal with it, not me, but it's now been 3 or 4 days. I emailed Stephen who said he contacted UM, but nothing seems to be happening. 

I'm wondering if it's because I declared the value to be $1000.

Any ideas?

Thx

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #2,002 of 3,931
Wow, suck.  Mine may be stuck in customs too.  I had wondered why they hadn't gotten there yet.  

Quote:
im in the same situation and they still have not gotten back to me and mines been in china for neally a month waiting.... i declared mine as $400 and its been there since the 27 of August
frown.gif

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #2,003 of 3,931
I'm not sure you should claim customs to be so high for remoulds. You are sending your product away to be modified, the bulk of which could be your investment already. I'd call it fair if most of the costs would be absorbed as 'maintenance' or 'repair' to another product. These aren't typical commercial items; they are even less commercial than regular custom earphones.

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #2,004 of 3,931
My reshelled JH13s just returned today to Philadelphia from UM.  After me shipping on 9/24, and receiving back 10/18, only weeks total. Really great! Pics and comments to follow after I get some listening in...BTW, they look great!
dt880smile.png

FWIW, I claimed for customs $700 value, and "earphone for repair", no delays.

Oct 19, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #2,006 of 3,931
According to Null Audio who is handling the remolds for my CK100, there are new customs rules in place which explains the hold-up and he has customers on their 8th week already. Apparently they are being anal about whats shipping in and out of that country.

Oct 20, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #2,007 of 3,931
hey guys, im not too sure who here owns both the TF18 (tf10 w/ 6drivers) and Mage together, but since they are around the same price, i would like to ask which would provide better sq, their technicalities and their general sound sig...im looking to get either one

however, are they a substantial upgrade from the TF11 (tf10 w/ 1driver)? or do they provide only minute differences??

any help is greatly appreciated!

*hey B[van], im also thinking of going thru null audio too since im from singapore, wads the turnaround time for ur reshelled ck100? and also wad do u think of the service?

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #2,008 of 3,931
Just so everyone knows, there seem to be massive custom delays on a significant number of IEMs being shipped to UM.  As in, they're sitting in the customs depot without any word as to when or if they'll be let out.  I know for one, I am extremely unhappy about this state of affairs, as it wasn't even presented as a possibility when I did it. UM needs to sort this #&*@ out with Chinese customs ASAP, or their overseas business is going to be severely effected.

Oct 22, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #2,009 of 3,931

Quote:
Just so everyone knows, there seem to be massive custom delays on a significant number of IEMs being shipped to UM.  As in, they're sitting in the customs depot without any word as to when or if they'll be let out.  I know for one, I am extremely unhappy about this state of affairs, as it wasn't even presented as a possibility when I did it. UM needs to sort this #&*@ out with Chinese customs ASAP, or their overseas business is going to be severely effected.

+1

mad.gif

Oct 23, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #2,010 of 3,931
Yikes, I was planning to upgrade my TF10s. But now, I'm thinking twice if I want to push through with it considering this. I'll just wait how this pans out. I hope they get sorted soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back