Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #2,011 of 3,931
Agreed about the delays. I sent them July 23, they came back September 8. I used for some time, felt like it has problems with the right ear. Sent them October 4, still uninformed when to get them back.

So I did get a pair of SM3s for backup. Using them for now, I let it go. I suggest to have a spare pair.

Also unfortunately, UM is the only chance to get these remolds done for who lives out of USA and most of EU. I wish we had an another chance...

Edit: They mail'd this to me about the delay (a few min ago)
Quote:
Hi hasan,
we shall check your package soon,some package may be cheched by the customhouse by the following reasons these days,
1,The Expo&Impo comodity fair of China held from Oct ,1 to Oct,30 in Guangzhou,for security,the customhouse check very strictly;
2,The asian Olympic Game will be held On Nov 12 to 30,so the customhouse open every pacxkage to check for security.
3,some clients declare the value over usd30,and need clear the customhouse.
For the aboved metioned reason,the packages will be delay some days.and we are busy to communicate the EMS ,and fedex etc to ensure your poackadg arrival fast and safe.
Regards,
UM

Oct 23, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #2,012 of 3,931

yes its been neally1 month wait in custom ..... oh the pain
and to think i still have to wait another month to get the things back once they do get it.......
i do think this is the last custom remolds ill get 
Quote:

+1

mad.gif

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #2,013 of 3,931
Sorry to hear all of your frustration with customs!

Hope it won't last too much longer. 

Just a hint to all that when you mark a package really high in value, mark it as "replacement" or "warranty repair" or something that states it's been used, and not brand new. When it's used, they can't charge you taxes or customs. Also, try to keep the size of the package down a bit. Maybe like an envelope. Because the bigger the package, the bigger they think the item is. The bigger it is, the bigger the change they'll check it.

Try not to mail it with the best shipping there is. If you want tracking, mail it with the cheapest registered service possible. I mail my stuff in separate packages if the value, or dimensions goes over my usual choice of service. For example, mailing impressions and earphones in a case makes it too big and expensive for my usual shipping. It usually costs me $8 to ship, and i get $100 insurance. But mailing both at the same time would cost me $25 and i'll get $100 in insurance/. But if i mail them separately with the preceding shipping service, it'll cost me $16 and i get $200 insurance. Just means if one gets lost, the other one will get there and then you could replace that package with the $100 instead of losing both. '

Hope this works out for some! Also, hint is don't ship with a Courier. Ship with your national shipping service, NSS to NSS will reduce the chance significantly for customs

Good Luck to all!

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:08 PM Post #2,014 of 3,931
Thanks MaoDi.  I did almost everything you mentioned EXCEPT that I marked the value as $600 and did NOT write anywhere that it was a repair or replacement.  I wish someone would have told me this might help.  Mine's been in customs at least 2 weeks now.  

Quote:

Just a hint to all that when you mark a package really high in value, mark it as "replacement" or "warranty repair" or something that states it's been used, and not brand new. When it's used, they can't charge you taxes or customs. Also, try to keep the size of the package down a bit. Maybe like an envelope. Because the bigger the package, the bigger they think the item is. The bigger it is, the bigger the change they'll check it.

Try not to mail it with the best shipping there is. If you want tracking, mail it with the cheapest registered service possible. I mail my stuff in separate packages if the value, or dimensions goes over my usual choice of service. For example, mailing impressions and earphones in a case makes it too big and expensive for my usual shipping. It usually costs me $8 to ship, and i get $100 insurance. But mailing both at the same time would cost me $25 and i'll get $100 in insurance/. But if i mail them separately with the preceding shipping service, it'll cost me $16 and i get $200 insurance. Just means if one gets lost, the other one will get there and then you could replace that package with the $100 instead of losing both. '

Hope this works out for some! Also, hint is don't ship with a Courier. Ship with your national shipping service, NSS to NSS will reduce the chance significantly for customs

Good Luck to all!

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #2,016 of 3,931
If they don't get caught in customs (look above for help so it doesn't), should be back in two-three weeks after arrival to them. 

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #2,018 of 3,931
Great comments here. I'm making a note of this for when I next do international shipping!

Quote:

Good Luck to all!

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #2,019 of 3,931
Almost ready to send these out.  Few questions:
Few concerns, apologies in advance because I know that some, if not most, have been answered somewhere in these 135 pages:

1. Can I use the form off of custom-iem for orders? The instructions there say to pay first but I read that UM takes payment after they receive them.
2. I read that UM uses a shallower canal section, but you can special request that they do one deeper for better isolation ala JH iem's. How would I request this?
3. What's the name of this color? http://www.flickr.com/photos/abadr/4145581799/in/set-72157600037119510/

Thanks in advance! Hoping to get these out by today.

ksc75smile.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #2,021 of 3,931
They finally received my Jh13s through customs.  So now we'll see how long it takes, and more importantly, what kind of job they're able to do!

Oct 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #2,022 of 3,931
After reading alot of these posts I've concluded that shipping my TF10s would probably be a hassle, thats y imma go back to China and remold it at their base in Guangdong, anyone tried this yet? I'd say this would be very convenient becos I can get them to fix the earphones if anything is wrong with it after remolding.

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:10 AM Post #2,024 of 3,931

Quote:
...and he has customers on their 8th week already...

"only" 8 weeks? Here's my story:

I submitted my earmold impressions to Null Audio physically (I'm in Singapore & resided near the Null Audio guy) on May 14. The chap informed me to expect a turnaround time of 2 months.

After 86 days (or 4 days short of 3months), on the Aug 8, I received my customs directly, physically from Null Audio. The  fit was good but there were too much excess sticking out of my ear, so I immediately told the chap no-go; these customs require re-work. I made another fresh new pair of ear impressions & physically submitted them to him on Aug 10 (2 days later). The chap quoted me a turnaround time of one month.

I texted the Null Audio guy on Oct 6 (I'm supposed to get them re-done and back by Sep 10, rem?), the fellow told me the customs are still with UM & "he already told them to speed it up".

A week later (2 months & 5 days beyond the expected turnaround date for the rework to reach Singapore; supposed to be done by Sep 10) on the Oct 15, the Null Audio fellow told me "the inward package was delayed by 3-4 weeks"!?

I emailed the fellow in between & on Oct 19 he finally replied and told me UM told him it will be sent back in "10~12 days".

So, after 12 days, on Nov 1 I tried calling the chap twice; he refuses to pick up & a while later he replied via a text, "UM is sending them out today"?! I asked how long will that take, & the Null Audio chap says Fedax takes few days max.

Short version:
submit 1st pair of ear impressions to receive 1st pair of customs: 86 days (4 days short of 3 months)
submit fresh pair of ear impressions for rework: 84 days & counting... ... ...

I dunno what to expect
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:
*hey B[van], im also thinking of going thru null audio too since im from singapore, wads the turnaround time for ur reshelled ck100? and also wad do u think of the service?......

Read my experience above. & you'll have some fun trying to contact them after submitting your order & cash. In between my "trials & tribulations", I emailed the fellow a few times & he do not reply. I actually know his exact physical address & it's close enough for me to hop onto a bus and find him, but I tink that's simply too much & not treating him like a responsible adult. Though I tink he's not treating me, his customer, with much respect either.

Quote:
...As in, they're sitting in the customs depot without any word as to when or if they'll be let out.  I know for one, I am extremely unhappy about this state of affairs, as it wasn't even presented as a possibility when I did it. UM needs to sort this #&*@ out with Chinese customs ASAP, or their overseas business is going to be severely effected.

I tink if Null Audio is truly service- & customer-oriented, they should stop taking in orders for new remolding, until they manage to ship out completed orders for the existing customers. Can anyone from Singapore who done their remold with Stereo Electronics feedback about the turnaround for the past 2 months, i.e. is Stereo also affected by the hold-up at the China border customs?

Btw, don't ear impressions shrink after 2 weeks? I read this somewhere; can anybody confirm? I shudder to tink since my "inward package" was delayed at the customs, how the ear impressions for customers are handled at the China border customs...

If anybody wanna know, I submitted my pair for rework because even after wearing them extremely snugly (inserted to the max of my ear canals), they still have much popping out:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back