Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #781 of 3,931
It's not "actually" Sam on um@uniquemelody.org or kabang567@hotmail.com at the moment....or since the past few months haha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #784 of 3,931
It doesn't matter really, i don't even know who it is. I just know it's not Sam. Can't learn a language in three days
wink.gif
i still put "Hi, Sam" occasionally it's Sam and occasionally it's some other person. I actually mentioned it somewhere in this thread....

Jan 14, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #785 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by skoog5600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not a bad deal. Next on the agenda is to track down an audiologist located in Tokyo, Japan to get the molds done.

It's a terrible deal, tbh.
USD159 for a remolded SE310 that will still sound like a SE310 doesn't make much sense when USD200+ will get you a 2nd hand se530.

IMO, the only IEMs worth remolding are the high end universals. Bring on the flaming
tongue.gif

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:29 AM Post #786 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by royhendo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got confirmation from Sam that I'm getting remoulds only. The reviews for the UE11 style version weren't filling me with optimism, whereas the remould customers seem happy, so as they're gonna be backups and phone headsets, I figured keep it simple.

Great comms from Sam I have to say - always replies the same day.

What are you remoulding? By the way, what is the UE11 style version?

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #788 of 3,931
lol both UM and kabang hasnt responded after i sent my mages back for a refit + recoloration with tracking via ems which stated that it has been delivered or something similar.

fired off another email to the 2 again. hope they will reply soon

Jan 14, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #789 of 3,931
phew... finally at page 53. Lol

so I have a pair of westone um2's that I am thinking of sending into UM. Would they be able to add additional drivers to it (as they are clearly lacking in the bass department). I don't know if sending your old headphones into UM is an "upgrade" service, but reading through the vast amount of reviews/feedback/posts, it seems something like adding mid drivers to UE10's improved the sound where they were originally lacking. Thus, I'm simply asking if sending in my Um2's into UM to add an additional "low" (if such a thing exists :/) driver would improve the "punchiness"??

Plus I'm also interested in sending them in because they've been lying around because the universal tips have been so uncomfortable for me. I'm quite interested in investing in a pair of customs and weighing out the various options. Mage's might be another choice.

Please comment if I am unclear at any point in my post. Thanks for your replies.

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #791 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by B[van] /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol both UM and kabang hasnt responded after i sent my mages back for a refit + recoloration with tracking via ems which stated that it has been delivered or something similar.

fired off another email to the 2 again. hope they will reply soon

Same thing happened to me. When I sent another email, Sam responded the next day. He said they would even be done in a few days. It's been close to a couple of weeks already...

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #792 of 3,931
Guys just keep sending emails, sometimes i would have to send 3 before id get a response i didnt care, i just kept firing them away they will get sick of their inbox being full sooner or later and respond is the way i look at it lol.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #793 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys just keep sending emails, sometimes i would have to send 3 before id get a response i didnt care, i just kept firing them away they will get sick of their inbox being full sooner or later and respond is the way i look at it lol.

Sad but true. E-mail response rate is about 50% and the time it takes varies between minutes and weeks.

I'm finally going to receive my remolded E500s tomorrow (if Fedex is on time). I originally sent the headphones/ear molds in early November.

Jan 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #794 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing happened to me. When I sent another email, Sam responded the next day. He said they would even be done in a few days. It's been close to a couple of weeks already...

an update

interestingly, they were still responding at around my time 8pm GMT+8 which is past most working hours and they told me that my package was received and they assured i would get it back before lunar new yr.

btw they quoted me usd23 to ship back to me. do they use fedex or something?

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:08 PM Post #795 of 3,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back