Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #708 of 3,931
May I ask what shipping method (to China) you all have found to be the most reasonable? I stopped by UPS today and they offered me a $50 service that only takes the parcel to customs, and $107 bargain UPS rate, and a $155 standard UPS charge. I was quite surprised. Is that normal?

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #709 of 3,931
ups and fedex try to rape you or did me. I mean its a tiny box. I went usps route for 43 bucks and it guaranteed it there in 3 days. When it didnt show up in 3 days i called requested a refund and got the refund for 43 bucks 2 weeks later. took my molds 5 days to get to china from OK. You can get them there via usps for like 15 bucks i think but it will take 10 or more business days probably.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #710 of 3,931
I was getting those crazy prices as well.... 110 for fedex, 90 for UPS... WOW! In the end I went USPS - they didn't offer priority for me, so it went air mail
eek.gif

It may take a couple weeks... (hopefully it actually arrives!) However it was 8 bucks, so you take the bad with the good.

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #711 of 3,931
UPS and FEDEX really do try to rip you off in terms of shipping. They are the only ones that charge me custom fees too. Hate them.

Price for remold from UM is now $159 USD including Two day shipping via Fedex.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #712 of 3,931
AVOID USPS PRIORITY! I've used the shipping speed twice and it's ALWAYS taken longer than 2 weeks. 3 weeks is a hell of a long time to wait for your monitors. Your best bet is to get the $40+ USPS option. 3 day or whatever it is.

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #713 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UPS and FEDEX really do try to rip you off in terms of shipping. They are the only ones that charge me custom fees too. Hate them.

Price for remold from UM is now $159 USD including Two day shipping via Fedex.

Why did UM decide to raise the price?

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #715 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why did UM decide to raise the price?

+1!

I sure hope they honor the price they quoted me prior to shipping out!

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:02 AM Post #716 of 3,931
So the total price for the UM's would be $159+$43 or $212? And you're looking at a 3-4 week turnaround at least? This is versus $80+$5 or $85 priority mail to Fisher with a turnaround of a week and a half? What am I missing? Is the UM remold just phenomenally better or something?

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #717 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by AVU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the total price for the UM's would be $159+$43 or $212? And you're looking at a 3-4 week turnaround at least? This is versus $80+$5 or $85 priority mail to Fisher with a turnaround of a week and a half? What am I missing? Is the UM remold just phenomenally better or something?

UM has successfully remolded more dynamic drivers than Fisher has. They also give the options for adding drivers where Fisher doesn't.

Concerning the shell quality, The work I've seen here in the UM thread has been absolutely flawless. Many of the people who've gotten reshells from Fisher have been great, but there have been a few more imperfections on average. Then again, they're right here in the states, so turn around time for these issues is as you mentioned much faster and the customer service has been top notch.

If you want 100% flawless crystal clear shells that look like gems, UM seems to be the place. But that perfection comes at the price of time and money.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #718 of 3,931
$159 is including shipping back to you for two-days Fedex. The price increase is about $20, which isn't significant. $80 from Fisher Hearing doesn't include shipping. Depending on how fast you want it, it can get to $45 if you live farther away.

To me, build quality of both companies look top notch. But aesthetics and looks wise, UM wins hands down. Also, UM is able to remold dynamic drivers where Fisher Hearing won't.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:04 AM Post #719 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UM confirmed via email the 6 drivers options is only for Shure SE530 not the triplefi. *Puzzled*

TF10 hasn't been finalized yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back