Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #421 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by fiendie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Translucent Black.

It looks a bit lighter in the pictures than it actually is.
But I love that you can see the drivers that clearly
wink.gif

Thanks. Somehow I thought it's trans clear which I'll choose for my SE530s.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #422 of 3,931
i have both the triple fis/ and an extra superfi 5 pro. Still at work, no time to do an intensive comparo. But from initial listen, vocals are now more forward than SF5Pro, bass is still the same as prominent in the SF5Pro, much better than TF10. Though TF10 highs are still the best in it's class.
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #426 of 3,931
I couldn't believe it myself, so get this, I'm checking on craigslist radomly for headphones and suddenly I run into an ad that says Ultimate Ears triple Fi.10 $25. I thought it was a fake headline or something but I read the ad and it says that they are selling them for $25 instead of the regular $50. I was like what??? So I emailed a few times, scheduled a pickup and I was ready for maybe a serial killer or something crazy. When I get there it's a lady who is well dressed and well spoken, hands me the box and I am shocked, brand new in sealed box, I handed the money and ran lol, no time for questions lol. Best deal I ever got. Now I am digging their high's but I do miss the close and detailed vocals on the SE530's, so it is interesting to hear that I can combine the two earphones. Because after I listen to the trip fi's it makes the se530's sound a little muddy, except the vocals and thump of the bass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionPlushie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah. $25 for TF10?

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #427 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I couldn't believe it myself, so get this, I'm checking on craigslist radomly for headphones and suddenly I run into an ad that says Ultimate Ears triple Fi.10 $25. I thought it was a fake headline or something but I read the ad and it says that they are selling them for $25 instead of the regular $50. I was like what??? So I emailed a few times, scheduled a pickup and I was ready for maybe a serial killer or something crazy. When I get there it's a lady who is well dressed and well spoken, hands me the box and I am shocked, brand new in sealed box, I handed the money and ran lol, no time for questions lol. Best deal I ever got. Now I am digging their high's but I do miss the close and detailed vocals on the SE530's, so it is interesting to hear that I can combine the two earphones. Because after I listen to the trip fi's it makes the se530's sound a little muddy, except the vocals and thump of the bass.

What an incredible deal you got. It's obvious that the person didn't know what she was selling. You should get them remolded with an additional driver. The additional driver is supposed to make the mids more up front and have a sound signature that is close to the UE11.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #428 of 3,931
I want to do this so bad, I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it lol. How much would it all cost to have them remolded and add the extra driver? I emailed the guy in China but no responce yet. I saw Alien Ears does a remold for $180, but if the price is good I rather have the extra drive as well like you mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What an incredible deal you got. It's obvious that the person didn't know what she was selling. You should get them remolded with an additional driver. The additional driver is supposed to make the mids more up front and have a sound signature that is close to the UE11.

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #430 of 3,931
I'm not sure why they look like they're sticking out. I took those pictures seconds after opening the package, I'm not sure if they were in correctly. I've been listening to them all day and so far no discomfort. I'm very happy with my new custom molded superFis.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #433 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by sphb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are my reshelled IEMS!

From this

Picture0407.jpg

To this

Picture0438.jpg

Picture0442.jpg

Picture0441.jpg

Picture0439.jpg

Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but what cable did you get with them. I'm getting my Shure SE530's re-shelled and am debating on what cable to get. Yours looks nice.

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #434 of 3,931
I'm not trying to hijack this thread. But if you guys are interested to see how your custom artwork would look on custom IEMs; I've created a photoshop template in which you can paste in your own artwork, or pull images from the net, so you can see how your own artwork, or pulled images, will look on customs. I created a whole new thread for this here. You can also download the photoshop template from there. I gain nothing out of this, but I would like to see what sort of creations people come up with.

Nov 18, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #435 of 3,931
Ok, I finally got a responce from UM and it will cost $230 USD to reshell my Triple Fi.10's and add an extra driver and they sound it will sound like UE11 "because its sound signature is refered by UE 11 configurations". So basically $230 + $50 for impressions + shipping, so it should be around $300+ total. I'm thinking I will just go for the reshell only instead that f00fighters recommended, because the total should only be around $130 after impressions and shipping. Sounds very interesting though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back