Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 12, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #196 of 3,931
just sent in my impressions and tf10 via a local dealer on sat. going for the additional driver upgrade. hoping all goes well!

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #200 of 3,931
So I spoke to Sam last Sat. He told me that he just got back from a 10 days holiday. It was national holiday in China and the full moon festival. He promised that he will start working on the email and reply you guys soon.

A good friend of mine is sending his broken UM2 in. I spoke to Sam, and things are looking good. Oh yeah... so guys, no worries about the additional driver upgrade. I did that 3 months ago and it's working really well
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #201 of 3,931
I think the time has come for me to jump onboard here. My SE530 cable has worn through for the THIRD time, but they aren't under warranty now :frowning2:

I contacted sam and he sent me the application document....

I was wondering if someone can tell me the difference between a "universal socket" and a "custom socket". I know absolutely nothing about this any help will be appreciated.

In addition, what cable would you guys recommend. There is only the UE11 and ES3 cable mentioned?

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #202 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestSpecimen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the time has come for me to jump onboard here. My SE530 cable has worn through for the THIRD time, but they aren't under warranty now :frowning2:

I contacted sam and he sent me the application document....

I was wondering if someone can tell me the difference between a "universal socket" and a "custom socket". I know absolutely nothing about this any help will be appreciated.

In addition, what cable would you guys recommend. There is only the UE11 and ES3 cable mentioned?

Glad to hear you're getting your 530's remolded, well it's also a bad news i guess since you have to shell out money now.

The difference is that the Universal socket that UE uses is shorter than custom sockets, so custom cables stick out. Custom cables prongs tend to be thicker too, which may cause the universal socket to widen and loosen the tightness. I myself would go with the custom socket, then you can use basically any high-end cable you want.

ES and UE cables are both very good, the only thing they different is that one has westone on it, and the UE cable adapts to any UE monitor where as other cables don't, they are both very good cables though. There are better performing cables out there like the Null Audio Enyo and Lune. UM also offers some DIY cables made by them at an extra cost to the remolding service.

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #203 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to hear you're getting your 530's remolded, well it's also a bad news i guess since you have to shell out money now.

The difference is that the Universal socket that UE uses is shorter than custom sockets, so custom cables stick out. Custom cables prongs tend to be thicker too, which may cause the universal socket to widen and loosen the tightness. I myself would go with the custom socket, then you can use basically any high-end cable you want.

ES and UE cables are both very good, the only thing they different is that one has westone on it, and the UE cable adapts to any UE monitor where as other cables don't, they are both very good cables though. There are better performing cables out there like the Null Audio Enyo and Lune. UM also offers some DIY cables made by them at an extra cost to the remolding service.

Yeah its not a significant cost and will solve the problem of the cables wearing out again, which is really really annoying.

So essentially I need the custom socket, thanks for the help. Very much appreciated!

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #204 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i had the same problem with the order form it is just so confusing. and it takes UM forever to reply emails. care to explain how to fill it up with lets say... se530 remold? thanks

p.s a FAQ could be appreciated

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #205 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had the same problem with the order form it is just so confusing. and it takes UM forever to reply emails. care to explain how to fill it up with lets say... se530 remold? thanks

p.s a FAQ could be appreciated

Choose "Full custom" for remold and additional driver. Choose "Remold" for remold only.

Of course "Colours" and "Artwork" is self explanatory.

For "Wires" you can choose DIY and specify which of their DIY cables you would like (They will make whichever cable you choose with whatever socket you would prefer). Sam gave me a list and I'd be happy to give you a copy if interested. Prices range from $22 USD to $70. The ES3 cable is of course the Westone and the UE11 is a UE cable. Both are "custom" cables and require custom sockets. Finally, select "no" if you have a cable.

"Special request" refers to which socket you would like. As M-Dog advised, the custom socket would be a more favorable choice.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #206 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Choose "Full custom" for remold and additional driver. Choose "Remold" for remold only.

Of course "Colours" and "Artwork" is self explanatory.

For "Wires" you can choose DIY and specify which of their DIY cables you would like (They will make whichever cable you choose with whatever socket you would prefer). Sam gave me a list and I'd be happy to give you a copy if interested. Prices range from $22 USD to $70. The ES3 cable is of course the Westone and the UE11 is a UE cable. Both are "custom" cables and require custom sockets. Finally, select "no" if you have a cable.

"Special request" refers to which socket you would like. As M-Dog advised, the custom socket would be a more favorable choice.

Haha, got him sorted out already =)

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #208 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wonder if we have to pay in advance or when he finishes the remold?

You pay when the package of your earphones, impressions, and form arrive at there place.

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #210 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, do you have that form? I didn't see it on their website.
I'm still interested in getting one from them but their lack of communication kept me away.

They usually send it to you, like JH Audio does. Just to keep things organized, they were on holidy just now for a week and a half. They're catching up right now according to Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back