Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #181 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by BBY03evo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I thought there was, my bad. What triples do you think would work well?

Well there aren't any triple drivers that have a 3-way crossover except the W3 and UM3X. I'm not sure if you can combine two pairs together, but ti's a thought. The TF10 has two low/mid drivers and a high driver, where as the SE530 has Two low drivers and a high/mid driver. So combining two pairs together would mean you would either have four low, or four low/mid, Which would be a bit of waste for drivers since it would be better to have two lows and two mids.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #182 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by motorbit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have custom cables with my tf 10. will they still fit aftre remolding? the plugs fit the original tf10 shell, but are a bit longer than the original plugs where.

You can tell them you want "custom sockets," which will fit your custom cable perfectly. The plugs will sit flush with the shell that way. If you didn't specify the type of sockets, then I believe they will use the original "universal" socket. So the custom cable will fit the same as before. There was a place on the order form under "Special Request" for your choice. Just contact them and tell them you'd like custom sockets.

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #183 of 3,931
hi im from singapore so most lykly i will do it at null audio total cost is 450sgd around ther want to know is it worth going for the xtra driver or juz remould it wifout the xtra driver and i listen to metal music and pair it wif my iphone isit good for my kind of song im a guy who goes for details and the live experience bass is least of my concern as long its not artificial and over whelming

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #184 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobzpro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi im from singapore so most lykly i will do it at null audio total cost is 450sgd around ther want to know is it worth going for the xtra driver or juz remould it wifout the xtra driver and i listen to metal music and pair it wif my iphone isit good for my kind of song im a guy who goes for details and the live experience bass is least of my concern as long its not artificial and over whelming

sorry man.. but the 'fullstop' key is near the bottom right of the keyboard. please use it!

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #185 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by jfunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry man.. but the 'fullstop' key is near the bottom right of the keyboard. please use it!

Yeah... Even coming from Singapore, I'm having trouble too.
confused_face.gif

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #186 of 3,931
Haha, sorry guys. Mainly as i said im from singapore, and i own a few iem mainly the triplefi10, klipsch image x10, future sonic atrios. Im in love with the jh-13, but as im still in secondary school its not a wise choice. So i was checking null-audio out and noticed 450sgd to remould and add 1 more driver to the tf10. Its very tempting but as stuff are from china, im quite scared it would ruin the tf10 so any suggestion or opinions of people who have their tf remould and the xtra mid-range added. Thanks in advance.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #187 of 3,931
Quote:

Haha, sorry guys. Mainly as i said im from singapore, and i own a few iem mainly the triplefi10, klipsch image x10, future sonic atrios. Im in love with the jh-13, but as im still in secondary school its not a wise choice. So i was checking null-audio out and noticed 450sgd to remould and add 1 more driver to the tf10. Its very tempting but as stuff are from china, im quite scared it would ruin the tf10 so any suggestion or opinions of people who have their tf remould and the xtra mid-range added. Thanks in advance.

You can try going to stereo?
I'm sure they're much more reputable and many people have already done it and are very happy with them

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #188 of 3,931
Quote:

If you're worried about them physically screwing up your TF10, I haven't seen anything negative about UM's remolding service regarding spoilt drivers or sound problems.

Here is Scott Tarlow's review on his remolded TF10s. Not sure if there's an extra driver in there though.

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #189 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by sphb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can try going to stereo?
I'm sure they're much more reputable and many people have already done it and are very happy with them

yea i always get my stuff from stereo.. nice n helpful people.. too bad im not in sg now so im trying to contact UM direct.. but yet to no avail..

guess i'll have to to go pay them a visit when i return..

Oct 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #190 of 3,931
Maybe you can try emailing them if you'll be back in Singapore within a month?
I'm sure you can work something out. Say... You pay them by credit card and they tell you the address to send your TF10 and impressions to then you collect it when you come back to Singapore?

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #192 of 3,931
Quote:

Hi, so stereo are also in charge of um?? Do they have lyk demo units?? And where is the cheapest place to get my ear impression done? Thanks in advance.

Yes Stereo is the distributer. I don't think they have demo units.
SGD30 at the Carlton Hotel(Beside CHIJMES) 1st floor

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #193 of 3,931
Does anyone know if they can remold single driver IEMs like the super.fi studio3? I see that model on a list made completely in chinese so I have no idea what it says. If I can get these remolded for $88 plus impressions, I am in.

Oct 9, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #194 of 3,931
Sam told me single drivers weren't a problem when I was discussing it with him. You might ask him specifically about yours though. I don't think enclosing a single armature would be no problem at all. They already do several high-end single driver IEMs that are diaphragms, I imagine an armature is even easier to enclose.

Oct 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #195 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know if they can remold single driver IEMs like the super.fi studio3? I see that model on a list made completely in chinese so I have no idea what it says. If I can get these remolded for $88 plus impressions, I am in.

It isn't a problem, just get get a hold of Sam. You also have to pay for shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back