Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #151 of 3,931
I think Sam told me they do , now i have 2 cables , maybe i can send them one and they can use connectors from it
k701smile.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #152 of 3,931
@royhendo

I don't mean to make you more confused, but I was quoted $90 from Sam to remold my SE 530s which also have 3 drivers as your TF-10s do. Perhaps they have different pricing scales from tf-10s and the se-530? Can MaoDi or someone else confirm? I read from earlier posts that it was $88 before...or maybe Sam quotes reshelling prices at his discretion. I'm just wondering where this $80 reshell price is coming from.

@MaoDi

Thank you for confirming that you are indeed receiving a custom made 4 way driver model from UM to try out. That's all I was asking, and I honestly look forward to your review!

Also, I apologize for my fowl way of language and words. It was not intentional.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #153 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardson 1L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@royhendo

I don't mean to make you more confused, but I was quoted $90 from Sam to remold my SE 530s which also have 3 drivers as your TF-10s do. Perhaps they have different pricing scales from tf-10s and the se-530? Can MaoDi or someone else confirm? I read from earlier posts that it was $88 before...or maybe Sam quotes reshelling prices at his discretion. I'm just wondering where this $80 reshell price is coming from.

it's 600RMB, because prices are in RMB. Exchange rate differs the price, so one day it could be $88, while the next could be $90.

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #154 of 3,931
i'll probAbly send them for a remold if my customs ever spoil.. get them to replace whatever problem driver there is and mould them again..

would that be cheaper than just making a new one? hmmmm

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM Post #156 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how much does the re-casing cost via uniquemelody? (TF-10 to quad driver)

remolding itself cost $80 USD, and adding a pair of drivers cost about $120. So your total would come to around $200 USD plus shipping

how much does a newly built quad-driver custom cost?

They also make their own custom monitors, their quad driver custom that is soon to be released will be roughly $600 USD plus shipping.

if they don't do the new quad-driver one, how much does the triple driver one cost?

Their triple driver custom, the AERO SH is approximately $490 USD plus shipping, it has a silicone/acrylic hybrid shell where the canal part is silicone to provide extra comfort. However, UM themselves told me that they recommend just a plain acrylic shell rathe than the hybrid as it's longevity is longer.

do they do acrylic and silicon casings?
No, all their monitors are offered in Hard acrylic shells with the exception that the AERO SH is available with a hybrid shell that has a silicone canal.

Superb mate - thanks for your help!

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #159 of 3,931
These are IEMs so I'm still personally wondering if I should get yet *another* cable. I have the stock black UE cable, and a Vienna on the way (I know, total overkill for Super.fi EBs). But what I wonder is if there is a happy medium of a cable that would give me more quality than the stock cable, but allow me to still have the portability of the stock cable (I'm sure the Vienna is going to be ridiculously restrictive concerning weight and freedom of movement).

Has anyone received any of the other cables like the purple storm (I heard they were a little bass heavy which might not be a good idea for EBs), the pastoral, or the.. some Chinese word that starts with a "w"? XD

Any opinions are appreciated.

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #160 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

... ES3X for $300?!?! Damn!

I'm about to pull the trigger on the ACS T2 I think... still - it's hard not to get sucked in by this mob!

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #162 of 3,931
Hello everyone.
I am planning to get my Super.fi 5 Pros reshelled by UM.
Already contacted Sam and have everything mapped out.
I just have a question regarding shipping:
How did you declare the headphones and the ear impressions for customs?
Seems I have to have to give a category (gift, documents, commercial sample, other), a value, weight and description.
I'm not really sure what to write. Of course the ear impressions aren't worth anything from the custom's perspective. The headphones are a bit harder to value.
Or did you declare it as a gift?
I'm a bit afraid that it doesn't clear customs that way.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Andy

Oct 2, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #163 of 3,931
Simply put it as a gift, and buy insurance on it up to your earphones if you want. There shouldn't be a problem through customs if it's listed as a gift.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #164 of 3,931
I am promoting UM's product! In fact, I am super disappointed with Null Audio.
I shot them an email a few months ago. I guess I am kinda anal, so I listed 10 questions, and they took a while to answered. I listed 10 questions, and they answered 2.

Then later after searching online in both Chinese and English sites, I came across a local Taiwanese forum that have the answers that I was looking for; ). I called a local retailer: hifi.com.tw and they took a really long time to answer my questions, so being as anxious as I was, I decided to send an email to UM directly.

I emailed Sam(UM), and I got his response the same nite. He added me to his MSN and explained a ton of questions that I had. Again,.. I am anal, and I was trying to find out the differences between the sound signature of es3, ue10 and if it's possible to upgrade my sf5p into ue11, what materials to use, and the different effects between the custom UE and Westone cables.

He answered everything in detail and he quoted me a very reasonable price. Much cheaper than Null Audio. So I guess I am thankful for Null Audio's lousy service. I think UM is getting very popular in various Chinese forums, and it's also gaining their recognition in this community. My advice is to be patient, and instead of ordering the UE and Westone custom cables, order some local custom cables. They sound very very nice: )

Finally,...I am not working for UM, nor am I a investor. I just want to share my experience here.Also the obvious YEMV applies here.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #165 of 3,931
Hmm... idk. Null Audio is based in Singapore which is extremely convenient and safe for me. I wonder if I could arrange with Null Audio to have my UM3X customized a special way (to be talked through with Sam) but with Null Audio's cables and free impressions service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back