Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #346 of 484
Quote:

PPS: Any portable source for PP6 with 200GB+ storage?

It would come down to something like an iBasso DX100 or iHiFi960 (both of which have digital outputs) and then carrying around 3 64GB microSD cards for your library (or 6 32GB cards, either way). That amount of storage should be just a tad over $100 based on current pricing. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #347 of 484
Quote:
Any pictures to excite us all Joe? :wink: Also seen the list and am looking forward to it!

Soon, it has been a very busy week for me with little free time.

Quote:
I've ordered mine early October...hopefully perhaps I might be the first to own PP6 in Australia/Korea? Yeah!
I'm flying to Korea in 10 hours, UM Aus said they would be able to deliver it before I leave, but I don't think that;s possible...darn.
Well, a month for a CIEM is not too bad, but I'm gonna complain anyway cause I just dropped good 2000+ dollars in their pocket.
I will try to post a review in Korea, but I would have to leave comparisons with others...like LCD-2.2, TH900 roughly based on my memory. There is no freaking way I'm carrying all my rigs for my holiday.

On the other hand, I'm planning a major computer assisted double-blind test for Miracle and PP6. UM, I'll be the judge if 2000+ tag was worth it.

The preliminary review will be up before my next-next flight which is going to be on 6th Decembe. The double-blind test will have to wait awhile as I'm conducting a major one over 3 days period with 20GBs selection of lossless flac and AAC. I also wanted to do this because a couple of my friends told me people cannot differentiate flac and 320kbps AAC in a double blind test. We will see....

PS: if anyone want to try the PP6-although I doubt my Miracle's universal earbud thingy would work well with PP6- and are either in Korea or Sydney area, let me know.

Nice, welcome to the party, the PP6 is very nice!

As far as the storage goes, Project86 suggested a good way to go, and I can highly recommend the DX100.  You can also go with old school technology and get an iPod Classic, put a 240GB HD in it, and get a CLAS or HP-P1.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #348 of 484
DX100 is very nice indeed, but with 800$ price tag, and the DAC/AMP being redundant with PP6...hmm I was just thinking of spending 400 on a new Galaxy S3 with 256GB  thumb drive which was around 200-Titan something. Longer battery life -but still capped by PP6's 7hour battery- and lighter too.

I have a creeping suspicion my portable rig is not so portable anymore.

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #349 of 484
Quote:
DX100 is very nice indeed, but with 800$ price tag, and the DAC/AMP being redundant with PP6...hmm I was just thinking of spending 400 on a new Galaxy S3 with 256GB  thumb drive which was around 200-Titan something. Longer battery life -but still capped by PP6's 7hour battery- and lighter too.

I have a creeping suspicion my portable rig is not so portable anymore.

I've heard that the PP6 won't pair with the S3. So I think that shuts down some potential systems. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #353 of 484
Why not? Even running on Jelly Bean? (which has the USB audio drivers to make it work)

Dunno. Stephen Guo from UM had one of the first PP6 sets out in the wild, and he told me it doesn't work with his S3. Since I don't use an S3 I didn't grill him about what specific version he was on at the time. I'm more concerned about my situation with the Meizu which I just upgraded from 4.0 to 4.0.3. I haven't tested USB out yet but I doubt it will work until I can get to 4.1. Bummer.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #356 of 484
Quote:

It would come down to something like an iBasso DX100 or iHiFi960 (both of which have digital outputs) and then carrying around 3 64GB microSD cards for your library (or 6 32GB cards, either way). That amount of storage should be just a tad over $100 based on current pricing. 

Or... this solution to have 192 Gb always with your DX100...
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #359 of 484
Have fun there :) I love my country lol
Quote:
I've ordered mine early October...hopefully perhaps I might be the first to own PP6 in Australia/Korea? Yeah!
I'm flying to Korea in 10 hours, UM Aus said they would be able to deliver it before I leave, but I don't think that;s possible...darn.
Well, a month for a CIEM is not too bad, but I'm gonna complain anyway cause I just dropped good 2000+ dollars in their pocket.
I will try to post a review in Korea, but I would have to leave comparisons with others...like LCD-2.2, TH900 roughly based on my memory. There is no freaking way I'm carrying all my rigs for my holiday.

On the other hand, I'm planning a major computer assisted double-blind test for Miracle and PP6. UM, I'll be the judge if 2000+ tag was worth it.

The preliminary review will be up before my next-next flight which is going to be on 6th Decembe. The double-blind test will have to wait awhile as I'm conducting a major one over 3 days period with 20GBs selection of lossless flac and AAC. I also wanted to do this because a couple of my friends told me people cannot differentiate flac and 320kbps AAC in a double blind test. We will see....

PS: if anyone want to try the PP6-although I doubt my Miracle's universal earbud thingy would work well with PP6- and are either in Korea or Sydney area, let me know.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #360 of 484
Quote:
We don't know yet. UM hasn't let that info slip, and not a lot of units are out there in the wild... average Joe probably isn't supposed to open the loaner unit either. But I'm just guessing.

Buying PP6 I know nothing except it has unique CIEM active cross plus amp unit. No questions. But we also stick to DAC, which is what? Is it true DAC comparable with top-tier portable players or is it simply audio hub (DAC plus amp combo) like in my smatrphone? Why so secret?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back