Unique Melody Platform Pure 6 (PP6) - review (1st post), discussion, appreciation, & tour thread
Oct 22, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #331 of 484
Quote:
How do I connect it to an iPod or another portable device ... Not a laptop...
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sunil,

Quote:
Depending on your portable device. You can use a Solo dac for your iDevices, or use Aux in, which won't be the same thing. 

Does the UM Platform Pure PP6 interwork with the Android-powered smartphone Galaxy S III / Galaxy Note II?

The Galaxy S III can interwork with the JH Audio JH-3A:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/585#post_8799910

Galaxy S III > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (micro-A plug inserted in the Galaxy S III) >> JH-3A

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #332 of 484
Nov 9, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #333 of 484
Sorry for bumping this.

I was pretty cynical about the price-performance value of this product at first, but now I'm warming up to another pair of customs. My JH13s spoilt and JH isn't replying my emails. :frowning2:

Any reviews/impressions of this so far? (I've only read some camjam ones)

Nov 11, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #335 of 484
Quote:
The PP6 tour should be staring soon, possibly within a week or two...

Awesome, do you have an order list? i guess you get them first? Do you know when its my turn?

Nov 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #336 of 484
Quote:
Awesome, do you have an order list? i guess you get them first? Do you know when its my turn?

You are currently lucky #13 on the list 
wink.gif
, but I am not sure the time since there were supposed to be 2 making the rounds, and I am not sure if that is still going to happen.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #340 of 484
Demos have arrived to the first two people on the list (one of which is me!).  I am running it in to make sure I get the best sound (as I do with all of my new gear).  The box isn't too big and I am using Comply on the demo CIEMs.  Unfortunately they hurt the outer part of my ear, but I will still be able to evaluate it.

Of course I will post more impressions when I am comfortable doing so and will post an in-depth evaluation.

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #341 of 484
Quote:
Demos have arrived to the first two people on the list (one of which is me!).  I am running it in to make sure I get the best sound (as I do with all of my new gear).  The box isn't too big and I am using Comply on the demo CIEMs.  Unfortunately they hurt the outer part of my ear, but I will still be able to evaluate it.

Of course I will post more impressions when I am comfortable doing so and will post an in-depth evaluation.

Let it begin!!!!! 
popcorn.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #345 of 484
I've ordered mine early October...hopefully perhaps I might be the first to own PP6 in Australia/Korea? Yeah!
I'm flying to Korea in 10 hours, UM Aus said they would be able to deliver it before I leave, but I don't think that;s possible...darn.
Well, a month for a CIEM is not too bad, but I'm gonna complain anyway cause I just dropped good 2000+ dollars in their pocket.
I will try to post a review in Korea, but I would have to leave comparisons with others...like LCD-2.2, TH900 roughly based on my memory. There is no freaking way I'm carrying all my rigs for my holiday.

On the other hand, I'm planning a major computer assisted double-blind test for Miracle and PP6. UM, I'll be the judge if 2000+ tag was worth it.

The preliminary review will be up before my next-next flight which is going to be on 6th Decembe. The double-blind test will have to wait awhile as I'm conducting a major one over 3 days period with 20GBs selection of lossless flac and AAC. I also wanted to do this because a couple of my friends told me people cannot differentiate flac and 320kbps AAC in a double blind test. We will see....

PS: if anyone want to try the PP6-although I doubt my Miracle's universal earbud thingy would work well with PP6- and are either in Korea or Sydney area, let me know.
PPS: Any portable source for PP6 with 200GB+ storage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back