Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
Jan 19, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #1,201 of 1,311
If I had lots of money I would keep it, but alas I don't :)
Can`t be tooooo bad after having a look at your signature :ksc75smile: (Sorry, couldn`t hold back with this comment!:sweat_smile:)

Anyway, good luck with selling your Mason! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,202 of 1,311
Can`t be tooooo bad after having a look at your signature :ksc75smile: (Sorry, couldn`t hold back with this comment!:sweat_smile:)

Anyway, good luck with selling your Mason! :beerchug:
Ha ha! :) I didnt say I was broke, just can't afford to keep a Summit Fi IEM that I don't 100% love. I like to keep my collection small enough to use it all daily, that's my personal rule.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:45 AM Post #1,203 of 1,311
Ha ha! :) I didnt say I was broke, just can't afford to keep a Summit Fi IEM that I don't 100% love. I like to keep my collection small enough to use it all daily, that's my personal rule.
100% understand what you mean! Me, too, I try not to collect too many things (IEMs) and reduce my collection to some pieces I truly like (at least for the moment - because it will always change again) :darthsmile: Greetings from Japan!

Jan 19, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #1,204 of 1,311
Yea, when you have two $5000 IEMs, it's all about what you love the best. In my case, I love Mason more, but if I'll see a good deal on the Bird in a future I get it in the heartbeat.

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,206 of 1,311
I had to make the same choice and went with the Trailli over the Mason, but its a tough tough call to make. I haven't tried the Orpheus -- I'm scared that I'll love it!
To me Orpheus makes a big difference on both iems, but the impact is actually higher on FS because it adds the clarity and soundstage that bugs a lot of ppl in the first place.

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:24 PM Post #1,207 of 1,311
Good to know, thanks. I'm currently using the Eletech Aenid with the Traillii. Pretty good but perhaps there's something that's a better match, I don't know.
To me Orpheus makes a big difference on both iems, but the impact is actually higher on FS because it adds the clarity and soundstage that bugs a lot of ppl in the first place.

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #1,208 of 1,311
Really wanna know instead of the original cable, what did you guys use on FS.

Jan 19, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #1,209 of 1,311
I am using PW audio First times. Love this cable with the Mason. They saying its "Orpheus little brother". Orpheus is out of my budget and heavier.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #1,210 of 1,311
I am using PW audio First times. Love this cable with the Mason. They saying its "Orpheus little brother". Orpheus is out of my budget and heavier.
what is the difference between the original cable?

Jan 19, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #1,211 of 1,311
First Times and Mason FS is a wonderful combo. Spreads the stage wider, with a more relaxed yet resolving nature. The Orphy is a few steps up the ladder in terms of resolution, dynamics, soundstage and musicality. Orphy has thicker yet more open mids, wider stage, a much blacker background and more micro detail. It's more solid and balanced too, kind of hard to explain just how magic it really is. FT is lovely, with a bit more sparkle, and thinner mids. Less solid, more loose.

The Attila is also great. A bit more dry, very even, with a smooth high end and a bit more sub bass. Mids are more lean. Perfect cable for the Mason, though I prefer the FT or Orphy personally.

I was worried that Orphy would be heavy, but not so. The First Times wires are actually a tad thicker funny enough, but of course when you get to the shielding then the Orphy is much fatter. But the part of the wire that touches your ears is the same if not a tad thinner and not at all uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #1,212 of 1,311
'll buy Orphy, if I'll find a good deal on the used one.

Jan 19, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #1,213 of 1,311
I had to make the same choice and went with the Trailli over the Mason, but its a tough tough call to make. I haven't tried the Orpheus -- I'm scared that I'll love it!
I went back and forth between the two for days on end, really hard to choose. Literally hours and hours of A/Bing, every album and style I could throw at them. Both are amazing but in the end it was the Orpheus' arrival that sealed the deal for me. Orphy and FS are great, but when I heard Bird + Orphy that was it, game over.

Jan 19, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #1,214 of 1,311
I went back and forth between the two for days on end, really hard to choose. Literally hours and hours of A/Bing, every album and style I could throw at them. Both are amazing but in the end it was the Orpheus' arrival that sealed the deal for me. Orphy and FS are great, but when I heard Bird + Orphy that was it, game over.

Are you using the shielded version or the non shielded one? The one with shielding is super thick and heavy, which deters me in any cable designed for use with portable gear.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #1,215 of 1,311
'll buy Orphy, if I'll find a good deal on the used one.
yeah same I'm actually looking forward to get the Orpheus if they appears here in head-fi with good deal, I'll just wait for it to happened i guess XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back