Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
Jan 19, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #1,216 of 1,311
I went back and forth between the two for days on end, really hard to choose. Literally hours and hours of A/Bing, every album and style I could throw at them. Both are amazing but in the end it was the Orpheus' arrival that sealed the deal for me. Orphy and FS are great, but when I heard Bird + Orphy that was it, game over.
Orphy+Traillii is really special. I'm keeping Orphy specifically for the Traillii. I've done a lot of Attila vs Orphy AB-ing for FS and I actually prefer Attlia. Attlia keeps the special imaging and slightly better tactility. Orphy smoothes the image and tries to make it grand but I feel that it doesn't enhance the strength of FS. I personally want to try the First Times as it seems to be slightly brighter than Orphy which should really add to the strength of FS.

Jan 19, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #1,217 of 1,311
I
Orphy+Traillii is really special. I'm keeping Orphy specifically for the Traillii. I've done a lot of Attila vs Orphy AB-ing for FS and I actually prefer Attlia. Attlia keeps the special imaging and slightly better tactility. Orphy smoothes the image and tries to make it grand but I feel that it doesn't enhance the strength of FS. I personally want to try the First Times as it seems to be slightly brighter than Orphy which should really add to the strength of FS.
I tried to add the metropolis ft50 with FS, really feel the treble to be brighter a bit and give me more of a v shape feeling which is something I think made the FS a bit more interesting while listening to some vocal music. But like you said I do like the Attlia which brings a darker background a deeper bass to keep the imaging. I will really like to try out the first time and orphyrus since i don't have to chance to try them yet

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #1,218 of 1,311
100% understand what you mean! Me, too, I try not to collect too many things (IEMs) and reduce my collection to some pieces I truly like (at least for the moment - because it will always change again) :darthsmile: Greetings from Japan!
I'm just waiting for my collection to expand a bit. I recently successfully reduced it thanks to the purchase of Oriolus. It was a very successful upgrade that was definitely worth it. The next one will probably be Mason FS, because I really like the sound of the original Mason 3. However, 3+ is a little less. So I hope the FS is tonal closer to 3.

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #1,219 of 1,311
I just got the Orphy and though I'm still breaking it in I have to agree its amazing with the Traillii. I've found my current portable 'end game' (is there such a thing?) -- LP6ti 7AE > Orpheus > Traillii.

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #1,220 of 1,311
I just got the Orphy and though I'm still breaking it in I have to agree its amazing with the Traillii. I've found my current portable 'end game' (is there such a thing?) -- LP6ti 7AE > Orpheus > Traillii.
I would say that endgame is impossible ... Before you put the trump aces on the table)

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #1,221 of 1,311

wow, congrats on your very nice setup!

Jan 21, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #1,223 of 1,311
Isn’t there a contradiction in the words „current“ and „endgame“ anyway 😂?

Jan 21, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #1,225 of 1,311
Thank you! I don’t deserve it nor can I afford it. My girlfriend is going to kill me.
No problem, it's just a player and headphones, these are sold in every supermarket, they can not be expensive)

Jan 21, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #1,226 of 1,311
No problem, it's just a player and headphones, these are sold in every supermarket, they can not be expensive)
Yeah, how bad could it be. Looks just like this... it's not one of those fancy gold and silver looking things :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1642820701399.png

Jan 24, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #1,227 of 1,311
Kind of old news here I switched from Traillii to Mason FS last night using the R2R from the P6Pro, and this one is Traillii level for sure, it is different with that vibration particularly on this recording. Bass is not lacking at all, I feel it in my chest and my jaw, slightly but non the less there. The strings are amazing with this set.

1643038206281.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back