Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
Feb 21, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #1,231 of 1,311
Feb 22, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #1,232 of 1,311
Mar 14, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #1,233 of 1,311
If any of you guys change out FT to Orpheus and want to move on FT, give me a shout...

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #1,234 of 1,311
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Mar 19, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #1,235 of 1,311
To those who own Orpheus, what did it bring to the table that attila and FT didn't? I spoke to Peter about FT and the reply was being more vocal forward. I don't have a strong desire to single out vocals as halo are good enough as is with attila, but I am curious what made you take the slightly ridiculous jump financially to get Orpheus...?

Mar 19, 2022 at 3:26 PM Post #1,236 of 1,311
To those who own Orpheus, what did it bring to the table that attila and FT didn't? I spoke to Peter about FT and the reply was being more vocal forward. I don't have a strong desire to single out vocals as halo are good enough as is with attila, but I am curious what made you take the slightly ridiculous jump financially to get Orpheus...?
I own both the FT and Orpheus, they are similar but not the same at all. It's really hard to describe what the Orphy does, but I will try.

FT has a vast huge stage, Orpheus is bigger, especially in the mids which have a more room. FT has a bit more sparkle up top, while Orphy is more natural or linear. Bass on Orphy is more solid, goes deeper, and has better texture and control, though bass on FT is great too. Orphy mids are the best I've ever heard, with lots of space and air between the layers, but also a bit thicker than FT. Both are very natural, Orphy is more analog and rich, even could be described as dark, though it really isn't dark in the way most think of dark, as is loss of highs or missing details. Orphy has more micro details than FT, by a good margin, there is just so much information in there, but it's never portrayed in a way that hits you over the head with detail, it's all there, but profoundly musical.

Attila I only tried a few times and it was a bit ago, but I remember it being more dry, in a good way. It was very musical, but has a bit more of a subbass emphasis, and a bit more sparkle, so closer to FT.

I don't find the FT to be vocal forward personally, and I think that is far too simplified and answer to try and compare the two of them.

Honestly, it's hard to advise for the Orphy simply because it's soooooo expensive. I got mine for about $4k, and for that price I am 100% happy with it. Does it sound like twice the cable compared to Ft? Well, yes, I think so. Is it worth 2 FT cables? No, definitely not. It's a magic cable, honestly it's crazy what it does. But I think 99% will be very happy with the FT. I've heard great things about the Centurion, which can be had used for "less", and while I think the stage and details are similar, it will be more bright leaning, and not as copper sounding, which could be a good thing for certain pair ups.

If you want more info send me a PM, I'm happy to chat about it.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #1,237 of 1,311
I'll take you up on the offer for a chat about it, pm inbound later on.

Mar 19, 2022 at 3:52 PM Post #1,238 of 1,311
The Niimbus US4 is the best.

I am as much a loon in terms of buying everything and updating everything etc and I own the mason FS and love it but the idea of spending the obscene amount of money for the orpheus is to me kind of crazy...

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #1,239 of 1,311
I am as much a loon in terms of buying everything and updating everything etc and I own the mason FS and love it but the idea of spending the obscene amount of money for the orpheus is to me kind of crazy...
Yeah, big hit. I see there's the older non shielded as well which doesn't seem to be listed by any retailer now? Don't know how much value I put into the sheilding and definitely wont be spending Orph shielded retail money.

Halo will stay with me for quite some time (regardless of what comes out I the future) along with N8ii, both big outlays, love them both and determined to get at least a few years of enjoyment before even thinking about swapping anything out. That's pretty much the only reason I'm toying with the idea of cable change to get the cherry on top.

Mar 19, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #1,240 of 1,311
Yeah, big hit. I see there's the older non shielded as well which doesn't seem to be listed by any retailer now? Don't know how much value I put into the sheilding and definitely wont be spending Orph shielded retail money.

Halo will stay with me for quite some time (regardless of what comes out I the future) along with N8ii, both big outlays, love them both and determined to get at least a few years of enjoyment before even thinking about swapping anything out. That's pretty much the only reason I'm toying with the idea of cable change to get the cherry on top.
Pretty sure the shielding is what helps a cable maintain a blacker background. It minimizes the ability of the cable acting as an "antenna". Cleaner signal with less interference resulting in a blacker background which always helps with things like seperation of instruments, dynamics, detail retrieval etc..

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #1,241 of 1,311
Mar 27, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #1,242 of 1,311
Any of you LP6 (gold or ti) owners done an a/b with N8ii? Thoughts?

Edit: NVM, soon find out myself, LP6 inbound.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #1,243 of 1,311
Any of you LP6 (gold or ti) owners done an a/b with N8ii? Thoughts?
I think only @hshock76 has managed to do that. But not sure if he comes to this thread. Might have more luck on the LP6 Ti thread

Apr 7, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #1,244 of 1,311
Two questions...
1) I wanted to know if and how far it was true as I read on a review that UM Mason Fabled bob is suitable for electronic / synthetic music
2) The gross differences between UM Mason Fabled and UM Red Halo.
Thank you

Apr 7, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #1,245 of 1,311
No issues with red for EDM to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back