Unique Melody : New custom IEMs on the block.
Sep 15, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #61 of 71
Quads should be arriving next week or so. If anyone out there has the Aero, mini, or UM4 please post in the thread!

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #63 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea on how much does the remold for the SE530 cost?

I believe the base price is 600 RMB, which is about US$87. That doesn't include impressions, shipping, artwork, etc.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #64 of 71
Darn! $87? Really? That'd be awesome
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #65 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn! $87? Really? That'd be awesome
biggrin.gif

Yes, remold is 600RMB. Artwork is $40 USD.

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #66 of 71
That's a pretty nice price. Since I already have a very good impressions (JHA still keeping the though), hopefully I can find a broken SE530 soon.

What's their email address? Is it the 'mingo' something?

Sep 15, 2009 at 7:38 PM Post #67 of 71
Hey sorry to ask this again, but can someone pm me sams MSN?

I have a pair of se530's that I want reshelled.

Another question how much would it cost if I want:

Reshelled: 600
Artwork: ???
Wires: ???

What are the options for wiring? From the posts I've read, I know that they cant use the stock 530 wires, and they charge an additional 20ish for new wires. Is there an option to purchase other types of wiring too, like the options at null audio?

Thanks

Sep 15, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #68 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardson 1L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey sorry to ask this again, but can someone pm me sams MSN?

I have a pair of se530's that I want reshelled.

Another question how much would it cost if I want:

Reshelled: 600
Artwork: ???
Wires: ???

What are the options for wiring? From the posts I've read, I know that they cant use the stock 530 wires, and they charge an additional 20ish for new wires. Is there an option to purchase other types of wiring too, like the options at null audio?

Thanks

The answers to those questions, and Sam's PM, are in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/u...thread-443197/

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #69 of 71
Just a quick question on reshelled phones. Has anyone reshelled a Westone 3 before? (I tried the search function but couldn't find any)

I heard the Westone 3 universals before and I think I like them slightly more than the UM3X (my current phones are PFEs). I am able to get a set of W3 drivers that someone else reshelled before and a westone cable for $180. Is that a good deal? 'Cos I was thinking abt the impressions costs (~$30-40) and reshelling costs (~$90), all in would cost be abt $300, and with very little resale value.

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #70 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by supern0va /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick question on reshelled phones. Has anyone reshelled a Westone 3 before? (I tried the search function but couldn't find any)

I heard the Westone 3 universals before and I think I like them slightly more than the UM3X (my current phones are PFEs). I am able to get a set of W3 drivers that someone else reshelled before and a westone cable for $180. Is that a good deal? 'Cos I was thinking abt the impressions costs (~$30-40) and reshelling costs (~$90), all in would cost be abt $300, and with very little resale value.

I believe that's a good deal. There's not much difference between buying them or a used pair off eBay (considering you'd be remolding them either way) and I know the cost of a used pair on eBay is a little more... PLUS a Westone cable to boot. That'll cost you $40 elsewhere. If you were looking to get a cheap pair of W3s for remolding, I would definitely go that route.

Sep 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #71 of 71
Sounds like a good deal, but make sure the drivers that you are receiving haven't been damaged in anyways. UM checks your drivers before remolding them, so that's a thumbvs up. But if it really is damaged, be prepared to replace the drivers which would cost additional. (UM has Knowles drivers on hand, so they can replace the drivers in the W3 easily since the TWFK and the CI22955 are such popular drivers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back