Unique Melody : New custom IEMs on the block.
Aug 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #17 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just call to very first guy in a list in "How to buy" section on their website. He said they do not doing remolding. And when I asked about quad-driver customs, he told me that they can make for me UE11. They charging 9500 Hong Kong dollars. It's like $1230.

not doing remolding? yes they do, maybe they misunderstood. But they do do remolding.

$1230 is quite a lot, considering a "actually" UE11 is $1150 plus shipping, which is the same. But they are making a "UE11" out of their own material and drivers, which will sound different. So...yea.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #18 of 71
Bakhtiar,
all the sudden u bring up the UM custom here + my review...anyway

that Quad Driver UM custom is a good deal & i enjoyed it fullest.
But not sure if UM has finalize its Quad Driver Custom. PM Sam or email for more info. I think the price range is about USD$500-600 region, but still not finalize yet from the last time i heard.

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #19 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkleejk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bakhtiar,

But not sure if UM has finalize its Quad Driver Custom. PM Sam or email for more info. I think the price range is about USD$500-600 region, but still not finalize yet from the last time i heard.

Their dual-driver UM4 is priced 元2880 (US$421) and their triple-driver Aero 元2880 (US$495), so I guess something in the higher end of $500-600 for their quad-driver IEM is a possibility. Something they offer that I haven't seen anywhere else is a mini dual-driver custom IEM (元1880 -> US$275). The small factor may be very interesting for some people, though of course, the SQ is a big unknown.

Aug 16, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #20 of 71
Too bad these quad-driver UMs aren't gonna be released to the public particularly soon. I'm just about to sink ~$300 for the Triple.fi remold, extra driver and artwork. If I held onto that, I'm sure I could get at least $200 for my TF10s on eBay and have just enough to get these new UMs. Alas, I'm just not patient enough to wait on them.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #22 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad these quad-driver UMs aren't gonna be released to the public particularly soon. I'm just about to sink ~$300 for the Triple.fi remold, extra driver and artwork. If I held onto that, I'm sure I could get at least $200 for my TF10s on eBay and have just enough to get these new UMs. Alas, I'm just not patient enough to wait on them.

Ohhh i wouldn't bet on that first statement of yours =) Sam has told me the only thing left to do is get a name for them, and the packaging, he quoted Mid-August...so it can't be that far away can it
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #23 of 71
Quote:

Bakhtiar,

They have finalized it, it's the reason Sam is offering me a pair for review. Impressions on the way there, should be here around 3 weeks i'm guessing.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #24 of 71
I'm also a little weary of buying an IEM that hasn't established a reputation. Maybe they don't get it quite right the first time around... maybe my remolded UEs will be as good or only marginally inferior. Besides, when I say I'm "just about to" get my Triple.fis remolded, I mean I got an appointment with my audiologist TOMORROW and will be swinging by the post office as soon as I have the impressions. I just can't imagine waiting any longer than I already have. Even if it's just a week... then again, I can't imagine them releasing the quad-drivers until you and the other "testers" actually get them for testing. So, I'm sure it'll be late September when they're available and I just can't wait that long.

Aug 18, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #25 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also a little weary of buying an IEM that hasn't established a reputation. Maybe they don't get it quite right the first time around... maybe my remolded UEs will be as good or only marginally inferior. Besides, when I say I'm "just about to" get my Triple.fis remolded, I mean I got an appointment with my audiologist TOMORROW and will be swinging by the post office as soon as I have the impressions. I just can't imagine waiting any longer than I already have. Even if it's just a week... then again, I can't imagine them releasing the quad-drivers until you and the other "testers" actually get them for testing. So, I'm sure it'll be late September when they're available and I just can't wait that long.

Well they have the current Triple Driver, AERO SH. Which i heard is very impressive for the price. NOt expensive either, only $495.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #26 of 71
I heard the aero. Happen the owner's ear impression is so similar to mine that it seems custom to me. I have heard a ue10p and aero definitely sound very similar at a fraction of ue10p price. The workmanship on UM is better that UE imo. However, I still still prefer the presentation of my T1 which no other IEM provide sound signature and presentation close to it. I'll definitely reshell my T1 with UM should my T1 break down not due to drivers (silicon is too flexible at 1 old t1 internal break and there is a tiny tear on my new t1).

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #27 of 71
Hmm interesting, it looks like the build on UM monitors is quite well done. Extremely well done in fact looking at pictures. I can confirm when i receive my remolded Se530's and my UM customs next month =)

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #28 of 71
Quote:

Bakhtiar,

Hi there my good friend.
smily_headphones1.gif
, Yes, a good deal/gear must be shared over here with others too
smily_headphones1.gif

Ehem, remember my request back in the LYN forum ?
smily_headphones1.gif

The UM brand is not quite as popular as other top IEMs company, but if it is good or better with cheaper price, why not...
smily_headphones1.gif
I also want something like AMP3 version of custom IEMs.

Aug 26, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #29 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm interesting, it looks like the build on UM monitors is quite well done. Extremely well done in fact looking at pictures. I can confirm when i receive my remolded Se530's and my UM customs next month =)

You can be sure that it top notch. So far, many user in Singapore had done the re shelling and yet to hear any complain. Infact, after seeing how well it it built in comparison to UE and Westone, I feel like sending my T1 in for re shelling too... Silicon look fragile in comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back