Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,432 of 3,153
Oct 3, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #2,433 of 3,153
An excerpt from a UM Global letter I just received: "You are an extremely valued client of ours and we absolutely cannot wait to get these in ear monitors into your ears.  As we’re sure you are aware, UMLab, where all of our IEM’s are manufactured has been recently swamped with orders and without prior notice, lead times for custom IEM builds have been extended to well over 14 to 18 weeks, roughly 3 to 4 times our standard lead time."

Please, everyone interested in a custom IEM, save yourself some grief and choose another manufacturer of which there are many.  Customer service and the ability to deliver a product within a reasonable time frame coupled with decent communication throughout should be expected.

The letter I got was a form letter.  My request to cancel the order has so far been wilfully ignored.

I also contacted UM Labs who replied once asking for details of my order and now have fallen equally silent.

This isn't just UM Global, the entire company is obviously dysfunctional and riddled with issues.  These are not people you want to give a large sum of money.  Note that they have had my payment since the 4th of May 2013.

If you're willing to wait 6 months or more for a product you may or may not recieve go for it... everyone else be warned.  UM has become the new Alien Ears.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #2,434 of 3,153
If you need a few refits, your 1 year warranty may have already expired...
UM Aus have had my Miracles for a week now, but have not sent me anything and say that they don't have it. 

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,437 of 3,153
Yeah. I was pretty mad that I had to wait ~10 weeks for mine. I was worried about refits too, as I did my own molds and was on a tight schedule. 

I'm definitely not going through the process again anytime soon. Reshelling can be done in the states...

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #2,438 of 3,153
Mine is still not here What!!!
mad.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #2,439 of 3,153
Hi

I've bought a second hand miracle and i will make the reshell by cosmic ears.

I can't stand for a 14- 18 weeks to have a reshell by UM china !

I'll send everythning today : it shoud take about 4 weeks.

I will give a feedback here

Oct 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #2,443 of 3,153
Friday I received an Effect Audio Apollo cable for my Miracle. I'm new to the aftermarket cables and was a bit sceptical about their use. What a revelation compared to the stock cable! Bass and drum sound divine and the whole sound spectrum is very balanced. The sound seems 'faster'. Can this get any better? Guess I'm lost again and will try other cables as well.

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,445 of 3,153
  Out of curiosity, what kind of recessed socket does UM have? Most cable sellers give types based on universals (UE, Westone, Shure, etc.)

They use the same connectors as Westone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back