Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Sep 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #2,371 of 3,153
Today I received a test DX100 and I've been listening to a few songs I know very well back and forth on the X3 and DX100. To me the difference is not so big. The DX100 sounds warmer, but even a bit muddy in the bass region. On a detail level I found them almost the same. Does anyone know if the DX100 might need some burn in time? I'll compare them a bit more intensively next friday and let you know my (very personal) thoughts. 

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #2,372 of 3,153
Today I received a test DX100 and I've been listening to a few songs I know very well back and forth on the X3 and DX100. To me the difference is not so big. The DX100 sounds warmer, but even a bit muddy in the bass region. On a detail level I found them almost the same. Does anyone know if the DX100 might need some burn in time? I'll compare them a bit more intensively next friday and let you know my (very personal) thoughts. 

Is the DX100 new? If so it may need some burn in unless you need brain burn in? I highly doubt the X3 would compare. The E7 and even the E9 weren't as good (regarding sound quality).

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #2,375 of 3,153

I have to agree with lin's surprise (below). The DX100 tends to be more analytical and may even seem cold to some. The X3 is one of the warmest sounding players I have tried so either the DX100 really needs burn-in or something strange is going on...

Uh warmer?

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:44 AM Post #2,378 of 3,153

I have to agree with lin's surprise (below). The DX100 tends to be more analytical and may even seem cold to some. The X3 is one of the warmest sounding players I have tried so either the DX100 really needs burn-in or something strange is going on...

The DX is new and warmer might not have been the right description, I'm not an experienced reviewer. Tomorrow I'll have some more time to test.I was surprised as well, having read the comments on head fi. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #2,379 of 3,153

Have you ever had a chance to compare it to the DX100? Supposedly the DX100 is more neutral and less colored (at least that is what I heard).

Yep, the DX100 was a bit brighter, but not by too much. The HDP-R10 has better bass impact and better quality throughout. It is obviously a superior player, like a small but direct upgrade. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #2,380 of 3,153
i think i just got a bit over board with my Miracle, 3 cables for 1 CIEM, hmm, one is BTG copper, one is plusSound Audio, last is the JHAudio handsfree cable for CIEM

Sep 8, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2,382 of 3,153
  Now that the shipments of DX50 have arrived, anybody has tried them out with the miracles? How do they compare with the X3, DX100? 

Well, there was one at a very recent meet. It looked good, fits in the palm and feels chunky, my type of player.

Problem was, we couldn't get it to work, the player is EXTREMELY buggy (as of 2 days ago) and refused to play any songs while i had it. I gave up after 5 minutes...

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #2,384 of 3,153
Anyone got some recommendations for sub-$300 amps to pair with the miracles? Leckerton UHA-6S has been serving me decently well but I've been told it's not the best pairing and I'm looking for a change in sound sig.

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #2,385 of 3,153
  Anyone got some recommendations for sub-$300 amps to pair with the miracles? Leckerton UHA-6S has been serving me decently well but I've been told it's not the best pairing and I'm looking for a change in sound sig.

What sound sig are you looking for? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back