Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #2,356 of 3,153
Then I think the glacier would fit the bill. It has an energetic sound signature, broad soundstage and with a bit of warmth. The glacier has also a built in dac — not compatible with idevices.
The miracle paired with the sr 71b in balanced mode gave the most pleasing sound — to my ears at least. But you'd have to buy a dedicated cable, which would be an extra expenditure.

Thank you John!! I will give a try on the sr 71b later~ I have already ordered the DHC fusion cable but with normal 3.5 plug on it...

Sep 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #2,358 of 3,153
Don't think I'd be able to give a clear answer to that question. The reason is, I tried the pico slim and the others with different dacs...so giving a clear and definite answer would be hard.
Nevertheless..., I can say the pico slim was too treble oriented to my ears ( at least with the miracles) but gave a very energetic and more upfront sound to the somewhat laid back nature of the miracles.
The glacier ( paired with clas r ) was also too bright for me, but with exceptional clarity, very good soundstage, but again, lacking in the bass department.
The rx mk2 gave the most robust bass response of all the amps I've tried so far, but was lagging behind in terms of clarity and details.
The hpp1 had a very lean sound signature, with good soundstage and satisfying trebles, but very polite, lacking in the bass department, and to my ears, a bit boring.
I currently use the miracles paired with the clas r and in balanced mode through rsa 71b. It enhances the already fantastic soundstage of the customs, has a more satisfying bass response, and the details retrieval is fantastic.
Hope I've answered your questions.
:D

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,360 of 3,153

Looks like I'm a little bit late to the party but I'm finally here :)

The faceplate looks awesome, congratulations!

The internal configuration looks a bit different from my Miracle though, wonder how it sounds.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #2,363 of 3,153
  Looks like I'm a little bit late to the party but I'm finally here :)

Wow, those look great. 

How long did you have to wait to get yours? They've had my impressions since the beginning of July and still no miracles for me yet =(

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #2,364 of 3,153
Don't think I'd be able to give a clear answer to that question. The reason is, I tried the pico slim and the others with different dacs...so giving a clear and definite answer would be hard.
Nevertheless..., I can say the pico slim was too treble oriented to my ears ( at least with the miracles) but gave a very energetic and more upfront sound to the somewhat laid back nature of the miracles.
The glacier ( paired with clas r ) was also too bright for me, but with exceptional clarity, very good soundstage, but again, lacking in the bass department.
The rx mk2 gave the most robust bass response of all the amps I've tried so far, but was lagging behind in terms of clarity and details.
The hpp1 had a very lean sound signature, with good soundstage and satisfying trebles, but very polite, lacking in the bass department, and to my ears, a bit boring.
I currently use the miracles paired with the clas r and in balanced mode through rsa 71b. It enhances the already fantastic soundstage of the customs, has a more satisfying bass response, and the details retrieval is fantastic.
Hope I've answered your questions.
biggrin.gif

Thanks John, I thank you for your thoughts on these amps. I too have RXII, but I get all the details as with the bass punch, because i am using the Toxic Cables Virus which opens them up paired with the Original Clas.
Recently picked up Quickstep, which I think is amazing little amp, seems to get out of the way & lets the Miracle shine.
Re cabling in my opinion really enhances the Miracle also.

Sep 4, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #2,365 of 3,153
The thing is, you are using the original clas. I heard it was more aggressive and more in your face than the new one... Maybe the Wolfson dac of the original clas works better with the miracles... If someone could chime in on this...

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #2,368 of 3,153
  Wow, those look great. 

How long did you have to wait to get yours? They've had my impressions since the beginning of July and still no miracles for me yet =(

This was actually a reshell. It took a total of 7 business days from when I shipped it to when I received it back. 4 days for shipping and 3 days in their hands. Reshelled by inearz.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #2,369 of 3,153
Now I have the Miracle and a TH900, most of my tool is portable DAC / amp, should I sell my TH900? Or just keep it with the Miracle? Confusing now...

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #2,370 of 3,153
Even though I've only got the UM Miracles on order, I'm thinking of having a custom cable made from the same place that did my custom cable for my HD-600's.
In order for that to happen I need two sockets ( Recessed ), so does anyone know where I could get two ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back