Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
May 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #1,636 of 3,153
Quote:
Yes, it's really dangerous wearing CIEM while wondering around the crowded place. When i go back China, i definitely won't wear my Miracle while outside. 

Quote:
Excellent advice.
Good decision. 

Funny you say that. Probably the huge difference between Asia and Europe. I got Ciems especially for these occasions: getting rid of the outside noise when you're outside. I think you get used to it after 5min.
I know, streets in Asia are 100% more intense when it comes to traffic and movement, so i have to try next time i'll be there (somewhere) 
i don't touch them inside, using only my home HIFI station. 

May 8, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #1,637 of 3,153
True, I have no problem whatsoever in Europe wearing CIEM. Like you, I only wear CIEM outside when biking, in the train, and in the office. 
I almost never use it at home except sometimes when I'm alone. My wife would kill me if I ignore her with CIEM in my ear 
tongue.gif
Quote:

Funny you say that. Probably the huge difference between Asia and Europe. I got Ciems especially for these occasions: getting rid of the outside noise when you're outside. I think you get used to it after 5min.
I know, streets in Asia are 100% more intense when it comes to traffic and movement, so i have to try next time i'll be there (somewhere) 

May 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #1,639 of 3,153

I am worried that if there is some kind of situation that would warrant me to react, was outside my vision and I could not smell it either, that I would not know about it therefore could not keep myself or someone else safe. The isolation is usually that good.

May 8, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #1,640 of 3,153
Quote:
 was outside my vision and I could not smell it either, that I would not know about it therefore could not keep myself or someone else safe. 

you smell the danger Saraguie? wow....that is pretty cool....

but for being serious, i think you should give it a try, you'll see how you feel. I think you can develop quite a good sense for this new reality. I was quite surprised how it got natural after a time. You just adapt actually, it's a really interesting experience i think. I love being outside and listen to Music at a very light level and not being disturbed. I think you even re-develope your hearing if you take your time and don't turn it up to max. Was listening to Franz Liszt yesterday while walking around in town, and best way to describe it, is that reality becomes like a ballet you're watching, everybody becomes an dancer in your own creation. That is pretty priceless! 

May 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #1,641 of 3,153
Quote:

Good luck. Crossing fingers for you!

good stuff - they arrived the next day in the UK and they are making their way to me as I type.....should be here in the next few hours.

May 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #1,642 of 3,153
you smell the danger Saraguie? wow....that is pretty cool....

but for being serious, i think you should give it a try, you'll see how you feel. I think you can develop quite a good sense for this new reality. I was quite surprised how it got natural after a time. You just adapt actually, it's a really interesting experience i think. I love being outside and listen to Music at a very light level and not being disturbed. I think you even re-develope your hearing if you take your time and don't turn it up to max. Was listening to Franz Liszt yesterday while walking around in town, and best way to describe it, is that reality becomes like a ballet you're watching, everybody becomes an dancer in your own creation. That is pretty priceless! 

Wow when you paint that picture it's like a Felini movie. Gotta give it a try.

May 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #1,643 of 3,153
May 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,644 of 3,153
Quote:
Traditionally 4-5 weeks assuming there are no delays. 

I emailed UM to inquire about turn around times right now. They said they are slammed, and the current turn out is about 5 weeks. Some are saying 10 here?

They also said they would not be able to accomodate a rush order at this time. 

PS. getting impressions Friday!

May 8, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #1,645 of 3,153
mine were ordered 1st March and measured on the 3rd May.....arrived with me on the 8th May. Pictures incoming......

May 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #1,646 of 3,153
With the time it's taken, i'm glad mine fit perfectly, don't think i could bare waiting again if i had to send them for a refit.

May 8, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #1,647 of 3,153
Something weird, good weird happened today with the right side. On the plane from NYC to LA it was perfect! I really do not understand it because on the two previous flights, last week Thursday and Sunday..........it was good but the fit was a bit odd and it leaked a little noise as I wrote here a few posts back.
On the flight today, PERFECT. I had them in for 5 hours straight. No breaking the seal even once, it fit like a glove, no leaking in noise, and it felt exactly like the left side!!!!

Have any of you ever had a case like this where customs fit differently within such a short period of time?

May 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #1,648 of 3,153
Quote:
Something weird, good weird happened today with the right side. On the plane from NYC to LA it was perfect! I really do not understand it because on the two previous flights, last week Thursday and Sunday..........it was good but the fit was a bit odd and it leaked a little noise as I wrote here a few posts back.
On the flight today, PERFECT. I had them in for 5 hours straight. No breaking the seal even once, it fit like a glove, no leaking in noise, and it felt exactly like the left side!!!!

Have any of you ever had a case like this where customs fit differently within such a short period of time?

Yeah I did with my 8As until I figured out how to get them properly seated. After that it was easier to get them in and less fiddling around. I've been able to wear them for several hours with minimal irritation.

May 9, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #1,649 of 3,153
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah I did with my 8As until I figured out how to get them properly seated. After that it was easier to get them in and less fiddling around. I've been able to wear them for several hours with minimal irritation.

Maybe that's it Lee......just needed to seat, hope so.

May 9, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #1,650 of 3,153

Happy to see you are finally happy with both sides. Bon voyage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back