Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Dec 11, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #391 of 3,153
Well, that's something to start with.

I'd look into more advanced and very affordable IFIHI 960. You really can't go wrong with either. :)

While toying with the idea to order PP6 (not sure if the DAC is good), I am really tempted to try Miracle with upcoming 901 with TRRS balanced because 801 TRRS has proven to perform very well with low impedance earphones (though beeing not quite tonally accurate, dark sound signature, you know).

I have the HM-801 and prefer GAME module to the Balanced because the latter has less bass than the former. In fact I am a little surprised by this, because the GAME amp has a reputation for having a high output impedance and the Balanced a moderate. Then the GAME amp also has less gain, which makes volume dial easier and I can get "as low as" a less than medium listening level without channel imbalance.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #392 of 3,153
Quote:
I have the HM-801 and prefer GAME module to the Balanced because the latter has less bass than the former. In fact I am a little surprised by this, because the GAME amp has a reputation for having a high output impedance and the Balanced a moderate. Then the GAME amp also has less gain, which makes volume dial easier and I can get "as low as" a less than medium listening level without channel imbalance.

Yes it has, if it is TRS (it is not balanced), actually I don't like it it all (via TRS you get crippled buffer amp). To use TRRS balanced you need TRRS jack and cable, which open up immense soundstage, wider and deeper than with GAME. You may try RE-272 or RE-ZERO (with TRRS stock cable) and see it for yourself. :)

GAME to me ears is pretty good with Miracle and Merlin despite high output impedance (they are not affected in terms of quality unlike triple.fi10pro or UERM). Using smartphones with high output impedance will probably affect bass (output blocking capacitors create low frequency filter...). Sorry for gearhead language.  

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #393 of 3,153
Quote:
Do you think? I swear there was a burn-in effect on my SE535s, but others would say that BAs don't burn in.

What are the results of burn-in on the Miracles?

BAs don't burn in, but the 3 way crossovers certainly benefit from burn in.

I know mine took around 50 hours to settle down. After that, the sound quality don't change that much.

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #394 of 3,153
Quote:

I also own SE535LTD-J with Bladur Cable lol seems like the three of us is aiming for the same IEM!! UM Miracle will be cool, yet does Toxic cable is needed as upgrade for them? i mean cmon they are already balanced right? what will the cable add then?

Quote:
what  about Studio V ANV?

Am currently using my Miracle with Toxic Scorpion cable (pure OCC copper) and Studio V anniversary version.

Miracle with Scorpion sounds slightly warm with very good levels of clarity.
Scorpion adds fantastic impact on the bass without it bleeding into the mids or treble.
Staging is wide and depthful with a significantly more open sound than stock cable.
Imaging is 3 dimensional and just cannot be described with mere words.

Miracle is quite a pair sensitive customs. Pairing it with Studio V anniversary version, I still hear some slight hiss on more quiet passages of certain music (though it's much improved compared to the regular v2 Studio V; I have that too). However, I still love this combination as music sounds so natural with the gold brick.

YMMV

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #395 of 3,153
My UM Miracles came in the mail today, I came in late to work just so I could be home to sign for the package.

I'll start with the pluses:

First, the customer service offered by UM has been top notch. I honestly cannot remember the last time I have been so kept up to date with a purchase. Thank you Matt, it has been a pleasure dealing with your organization so far.

Secondly, The speed in which this was done just astonished me. I ordered these on November 12, Shipped my molds on November 14, The molds arrived at the lab on November 19, and I have my Miracles in my hand on December 11. That is impressive; it took DHC longer to build my fiance's custom Symboite cables.

Third, the fit is absolutely perfect. It feels weird putting them in for the first time as my ears have never had acrylic shoved into them before, but once they are in, they feel awesome. I will wear them for a few hours straight a little later to ensure there are no hot spots, but so far they feel like a dream

Forth, the isolation is exactly as described and I cannot hear the outside world once the music starts; I cannot wait to use these on an airplane. I am very glad I chose CIEM's over the active noise canceling headphones.

Lastly, but no where near least, the sound quality is out of this world. These blow away the SE535LTD-J's, and by quite a margin. I was listening to Muse Breaks RMX by Infected Mushroom at around the 1 minute mark when the bass is kicking between the left and right ears rapidly. Quite the experience.

Now for the bad:

As quickly as these arrived on my door step, they were delayed by a week due to a QC issue with the artwork. This in itself did not bug me at all as I would rather have quality over speed of delivery. Unfortunately, it appears as if the second go around did not have the same QC. The right IEM has what looks like the inside of an ice cube in front of Goofy's face. A kind of fissure between the body and the face; pictures are attached. These are not surface scratches, and I am quite bummed because it means I will have to send back these otherwise perfect IEM's.

For the record, I fully believe UM will make this right. They are in a different time zone so I will not get a response until later tonight, but I fully believe it will be taken care of. Just bummed as I have a lot of flights scheduled starting January 13, 2013.

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #396 of 3,153
So sorry to see/hear about the fault!!

Having just received mine and thinking I might have to send them back for a re-mould I can completely understand how you feel. Thankfully my issue was poor insertion, not poor moulding. I wish you much luck in getting the issue resolved super fast!!

By the way, love the artwork!!!

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #397 of 3,153
Matt already responded saying they will fix the issue. He suggested I wear them for a while to ensure there are no fit or other issues that need to be resolved. $#!7 happens and when it does, it is more about how it is handled than how it happened. I am very impressed with the way UM is handling the situation and I have full confidence that they will fix it. However, the question then becomes is it worth losing them for another month... Maybe I can deal with the blemish... Bahhh I'll test them for a while and make a decision After Christmas.

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #398 of 3,153
Matt already responded saying they will fix the issue. He suggested I wear them for a while to ensure there are no fit or other issues that need to be resolved. $#!7 happens and when it does, it is more about how it is handled than how it happened. I am very impressed with the way UM is handling the situation and I have full confidence that they will fix it. However, the question then becomes is it worth losing them for another month... Maybe I can deal with the blemish... Bahhh I'll test them for a while and make a decision After Christmas.

Yeah. Might be implausible, but wouldn't it be good if they could remake any faulty customs while you keep the faulty ones and then you swap the faulty one out once the replacement is ready. That way they can still reclaim the BAs and crossovers while the customer doesn't miss their brand new customs for another production cycle.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #400 of 3,153
UPDATE

Whatever the problem was has gone away. I do not know if it was an acrylic curing issue and the cold temperature of transport prevented it from fully curing; but the blemish is now gone. A colleague at work was asking to see them this morning and asked where the mark "everyone was talking about" was. I inspected it closely to show him, and wallah no blemish today.

I will post new pictures later. All that maters at the moment is I am a 100% satisfied customer of Unique Melody.

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #401 of 3,153
Quote:
UPDATE

Whatever the problem was has gone away. I do not know if it was an acrylic curing issue and the cold temperature of transport prevented it from fully curing; but the blemish is now gone. A colleague at work was asking to see them this morning and asked where the mark "everyone was talking about" was. I inspected it closely to show him, and wallah no blemish today.

I will post new pictures later. All that maters at the moment is I am a 100% satisfied customer of Unique Melody.

Awesome update, I know how hard it is to decide if cosmetic issues are worth taking care of and am glad it all worked out!

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #403 of 3,153
Hi all,
I got a new cable for my new UMMs yesterday. It's a silver-plated copper. From early use it sounds like it's sucking the kids out of the music (perhaps by enhancing the top end slightly). It definitely opens the soundstage and sharpens imaging, but perhaps too much.
Anyone else experienced this? Can anyone recommend a good copper cable upgrade?

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #404 of 3,153
Hi all,
I got a new cable for my new UMMs yesterday. It's a silver-plated copper. From early use it sounds like it's sucking the kids out of the music (perhaps by enhancing the top end slightly). It definitely opens the soundstage and sharpens imaging, but perhaps too much.
Anyone else experienced this? Can anyone recommend a good copper cable upgrade?

That is such a bizarre mental image from that typo...

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #405 of 3,153
Quote:
That is such a bizarre mental image from that typo...

What typo?  Wait, you've never had the kids sucked out of your music???  It's not something we like to talk about because it can't be measured and starts all kinds of drama, but having kids (or sometimes just one kid) sucked out of our music is a trip... downright eerie-sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back