Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:39 AM Post #376 of 3,153
Quote:

Congrats on the purchase, buddy!!

Quote:
Amazing upgrade from the SE535LTDs - I'm already seriously thinking about selling mine!!

I also own SE535LTD-J with Bladur Cable lol seems like the three of us is aiming for the same IEM!! UM Miracle will be cool, yet does Toxic cable is needed as upgrade for them? i mean cmon they are already balanced right? what will the cable add then?

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #377 of 3,153
Quote:

I also own SE535LTD-J with Bladur Cable lol seems like the three of us is aiming for the same IEM!! UM Miracle will be cool, yet does Toxic cable is needed as upgrade for them? i mean cmon they are already balanced right? what will the cable add then?

I know that the pure OCC Symbiote SE from DHC definitely makes a difference for my UM SCL3X

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #378 of 3,153
Recessed, Flush and Extruding sockets. so what is the difference? 

about the images and how do i want to appear like this:

do i send the character picture and they will make it appear in a good cool way? or i do the edit?

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #380 of 3,153
I've spent some time listening to my HD650s and UM Miracles today. I am convinced that the Miracles are the best IEM money can buy (depending on your tastes in sound signature), but I don't think they can compete with the HD650s (or similar top-end full size cans).

Some more listening is needed on top quality recordings to be sure, but that's my early impressions and it takes absolutely nothing away from the Miracles. For their size and portability they are simply amazing!

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #381 of 3,153
Thought I'd better add to those comments I posted above. I think the UMMs are able to resolve more detail and clarity than the HD650s. To my ears they are also more accurate and specific with the placement of sounds. Where the HD650s edge in front is that they can create a wider soundstage and a little bit more ambience.

I honestly couldn't split them in terms of overall quality - there are minor trade-offs in both directions and in the end they are both awesome.

By the way, I did it right the second time and used both phones out of my NFB-5.2 whereas before I was using the Bottlehead Crack to drive the 650s and that's an unfair advantage.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #384 of 3,153
Quote:
Thought I'd better add to those comments I posted above. I think the UMMs are able to resolve more detail and clarity than the HD650s. To my ears they are also more accurate and specific with the placement of sounds. Where the HD650s edge in front is that they can create a wider soundstage and a little bit more ambience.

I honestly couldn't split them in terms of overall quality - there are minor trade-offs in both directions and in the end they are both awesome.

By the way, I did it right the second time and used both phones out of my NFB-5.2 whereas before I was using the Bottlehead Crack to drive the 650s and that's an unfair advantage.

if i remember correctly from other reviews and infos, the Miracle's imaging ability is easily on par with some highend headphones like HD 800 not that it's on the same level with HD 650. Considering HD 650 needs a good amp to bring out potential while Miracle hardly requires an amp....
It would be great if you could compare 2 of them even more, maximize their capacities.

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #385 of 3,153
Quote:
Hey dont forget to burn in the Miracle also, as it takes a little time to settle.

Do you think? I swear there was a burn-in effect on my SE535s, but others would say that BAs don't burn in.

What are the results of burn-in on the Miracles?

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #387 of 3,153
Quote:
HD 650 needs a good amp to bring out potential while Miracle hardly requires an amp....

Miracle is easy to drive (high sensitivity, low impedance), yet that doesn't mean they do not require an amp. First off, due to very low impedance (of even extremely low along the curve) you end up listening to piles of harmonic distortion via your IPod/Clip. That and similar gadgets with audio-hub onboard poorly control the load (will demonstrate though much better performance with some 100-ohm earphones). Miracle will desperately suffer with lack of current which results in poor dynamics (dynamic range) and loose (poorly controlled) bass (average CIEM may require up to 0.15A of current with superdrive music tracks which is far beyond any smartphone capability; UM PP6 boosts up to 0.30A(!!!).

If you want the full power and glory out of your CIEM, use some good portable amps like ALO, or Hifiman 801/901 TRRS balanced.

Yes, 'IPhone' will still do good (UM engineers made speciphically sure of that :) I have no doubt) despite the fact that Miracle is in different league.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #388 of 3,153
Quote:
Miracle is easy to drive (high sensitivity, low impedance), yet that doesn't mean they do not require an amp. First off, due to very low impedance (of even extremely low along the curve) you end up listening to piles of harmonic distortion via your IPod/Clip. That and similar gadgets with audio-hub onboard poorly control the load (will demonstrate though much better performance with some 100-ohm earphones). Miracle will desperately suffer with lack of current which results in poor dynamics (dynamic range) and loose (poorly controlled) bass (average CIEM may require up to 0.15A of current with superdrive music tracks which is far beyond any smartphone capability; UM PP6 boosts up to 0.30A(!!!).

If you want the full power and glory out of your CIEM, use some good portable amps like ALO, or Hifiman 801/901 TRRS balanced.

Yes, 'IPhone' will still do good (UM engineers made speciphically sure of that :) I have no doubt) despite the fact that Miracle is in different league.

Agree. Not to mention the fact that a higher quality amplifier just presents better quality sound to whatever headphones are plugged in. There's no doubt that the quality from my NFB-5.2 is better than the HPO from my laptop, iPod, smartphone, etc. regardless of the headphones connected. Add to that everything you've described above and an amplifier is always a good option whether portable or desktop.

Dec 10, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #389 of 3,153
Quote:

what  about Studio V ANV?

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #390 of 3,153
Quote:
what  about Studio V ANV?

Well, that's something to start with.

I'd look into more advanced and very affordable IFIHI 960. You really can't go wrong with either. :)

While toying with the idea to order PP6 (not sure if the DAC is good), I am really tempted to try Miracle with upcoming 901 with TRRS balanced because 801 TRRS has proven to perform very well with low impedance earphones (though beeing not quite tonally accurate, dark sound signature, you know).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back