Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 3,153
So I have been holding of on my review of these as I still haven't recieved my cables or CLAS from the US.
But using these directly from my iPhone 4 with Apple Lossless music is heaven. I've only had probably 10 hours total with these since I got them, so still unable to really give a very comprehensive review on them. But I can report a perfect fit first time which is a really welcomed surprise. I was expecting to have to send them back at least once. But they are perfect. I don't know if this will help others in future, but I did use the bite block for my impressions, but I didn't have my mouth open all the way. I have the bite block in the the shortest configuration so having around 30-40mm between my teeth, I can actually open my mouth much larger than this. But I have found the isolation to be perfect. Nice snug fit with my mouth closed and yet I can sing/drink/yawn with these in and they don't lose their seal. I really can't find fault with the build quality either, and I have some photo's for you all, just lazy and haven't pulled them off my phone yet. Will do that tonight.

But I'll go into much more depth when the last of my gear arrives including a A/B compare between the stock cable and the TWag v2 Eclipse OEM cable. Being fairly sceptical of the cable but still very open minded to the idea especially having read peoples reactions to good quality cables I hope to be able to provide a fairly unbiased compare.

Is anyone able to comment (MaoDi, 7swell, project86, ronrad, Vitor Teixeira and whomever i have missed) on burn it on these particular IEM's? Do they become more bright? Added sparkle? It might just be my head adjusting to them more than the IEM's themselves, but I feel like there's more sparkle to them now after just a few hours use.

Jul 18, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #17 of 3,153

Your fit should be good cos you went to one of our dedicated audiologists.  We can't stress enough how thankful we are for our audiologists here in Australia.

Despite our best efforts, no matter how well we build your IEM's if your impressions are no good, you'll need a re-fit.  We love and trust our audiologists, thats why we spent so much time when we chose who to go with.  MAC Fitzroy are simply fantastic.

Personal observations, are a tighter, more accurate bass, which lets the treble and mids start to really shine the more hours you put on them.
Quote:
So I have been holding of on my review of these as I still haven't recieved my cables or CLAS from the US.
But using these directly from my iPhone 4 with Apple Lossless music is heaven. I've only had probably 10 hours total with these since I got them, so still unable to really give a very comprehensive review on them. But I can report a perfect fit first time which is a really welcomed surprise. I was expecting to have to send them back at least once. But they are perfect. I don't know if this will help others in future, but I did use the bite block for my impressions, but I didn't have my mouth open all the way. I have the bite block in the the shortest configuration so having around 30-40mm between my teeth, I can actually open my mouth much larger than this. But I have found the isolation to be perfect. Nice snug fit with my mouth closed and yet I can sing/drink/yawn with these in and they don't lose their seal. I really can't find fault with the build quality either, and I have some photo's for you all, just lazy and haven't pulled them off my phone yet. Will do that tonight.

But I'll go into much more depth when the last of my gear arrives including a A/B compare between the stock cable and the TWag v2 Eclipse OEM cable. Being fairly sceptical of the cable but still very open minded to the idea especially having read peoples reactions to good quality cables I hope to be able to provide a fairly unbiased compare.

Is anyone able to comment (MaoDi, 7swell, project86, ronrad, Vitor Teixeira and whomever i have missed) on burn it on these particular IEM's? Do they become more bright? Added sparkle? It might just be my head adjusting to them more than the IEM's themselves, but I feel like there's more sparkle to them now after just a few hours use.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM Post #18 of 3,153

Quote:
Your fit should be good cos you went to one of our dedicated audiologists.  We can't stress enough how thankful we are for our audiologists here in Australia.

Despite our best efforts, no matter how well we build your IEM's if your impressions are no good, you'll need a re-fit.  We love and trust our audiologists, thats why we spent so much time when we chose who to go with.  MAC Fitzroy are simply fantastic.

Personal observations, are a tighter, more accurate bass, which lets the treble and mids start to really shine the more hours you put on them.

I couldn't agree more, the fine folks over at MAC were fantastic, lovely staff, got me straight in and out, and obviously the impressions are perfect. My whole experience with Unique Melody Australia has been really good. The delivery time took a little longer than I was hoping, but that's more my impatience than anything else. UM Aus promised me 4-6 weeks and they arrive in the 6th week. So delivered as promised. I'm just not very patient. Haha.

But anyways, while I can't give any further reviews yet, once again tied down with other things and won't get a chance to give them a good few hours tonight. And still waiting on my new cables and CLAS, so I'll send you through some of the UM Miracle **** I've put together. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Well visually... 
wink_face.gif

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #20 of 3,153

I might be alone in this but I haven't noticed much burn in with mine. Basically they sounded great out of the box and I really haven't noticed much change. This is a distinct contrast to my etys that had very noticeable change over time

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #21 of 3,153
Interesting.  Just for giggles I went and tried the stock cables with mine.  I ordered them immediately with the beat audio iphone cable, as I wanted to use them as a headset at work.    I hadn't bothered ever trying the stock cable.

So today I did a quick a/b comparo between the effectively brand new stock cable and the fully well used beat audio cable.  I am pretty sure that the stock cable is more veiled.  Since I didn't notice break in issues on the beat cable, I'm wondering if that's a difference to other peoples experience.  I may try to let the cable burn in for a while without me listening and try the a/b again.

Jul 27, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #22 of 3,153
WO0000000000000000000
Just ordered mine guys ^^

Hopefully, I'll have it soon enough and have my impressions on this thread too!

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #23 of 3,153

Quote:

I've been using mine for about 6-7 months now and didn't notice much if any burn-in effect. You could be hearing more sparkle just by listening to more tracks and getting used to it. Also, congrats on your purchase. The titanium faceplate looks cool.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #24 of 3,153

Quote:

I've been using mine for about 6-7 months now and didn't notice much if any burn-in effect. You could be hearing more sparkle just by listening to more tracks and getting used to it. Also, congrats on your purchase. The titanium faceplate looks cool.

Thanks mate, I'm really happy with how they turned out. And the only thing I notice is just a little more sparkle, but they are just brilliant. And now I'm noticing imperfections in things that I never did before. It's crazy just how clean these CIEM's are. I'm in love. :D

Quote:
I might be alone in this but I haven't noticed much burn in with mine. Basically they sounded great out of the box and I really haven't noticed much change. This is a distinct contrast to my etys that had very noticeable change over time

I pretty much agree, but did notice the sparkle, and the overall 'feel' get slightly brighter. But not much, it's just such a brilliant sound.

Quote:
WO0000000000000000000
Just ordered mine guys ^^

Hopefully, I'll have it soon enough and have my impressions on this thread too!

Congrats on the purchase, you won't regret it. Please post some pics when you get them

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #26 of 3,153

Quote:
Thanks mate, I'm really happy with how they turned out. And the only thing I notice is just a little more sparkle, but they are just brilliant. And now I'm noticing imperfections in things that I never did before. It's crazy just how clean these CIEM's are. I'm in love. :D

I pretty much agree, but did notice the sparkle, and the overall 'feel' get slightly brighter. But not much, it's just such a brilliant sound.

Congrats on the purchase, you won't regret it. Please post some pics when you get them

Can I know what your the turn around time for your miracles was?

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #27 of 3,153
Ordered mine as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Impressions reached the lab on the 27th. Impatiently counting the days.... UM lab said 4 weeks... Thanks for the Initial impressions Acesi7, like you i was worried about the bass aspect but thanks for putting that to bed:)

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #28 of 3,153
ooohhhh, man.

i'm gonna order mine soon.

was previously deciding between UM Merlin or Miracle, but apparently they say the Merlin is very bassy. so I'm gonna join the Miracle family!

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #29 of 3,153

Quote:
Can I know what your the turn around time for your miracles was?

Sure,
Mine took pretty close to 6 weeks, but also I asked for an artwork change halfway through, so not sure if that had any effect on turn around time. The guys at UM Aus tell me that production has ramped up, so should be seeing slightly faster turn around times. But definitely worth the wait. :D

Quote:
Ordered mine as well
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 Impressions reached the lab on the 27th. Impatiently counting the days.... UM lab said 4 weeks... Thanks for the Initial impressions Acesi7, like you i was worried about the bass aspect but thanks for putting that to bed:)

No Problem :D
Just remember that these aren't 'beats' the sound they produce is absolutely awesome, at all listening levels and across all frequencies. I found the bass to be very deep and punchy, but without being over the top or drowning out any other frequencies.

That being said I got curious about a more bassy version and am very tempted to get a pair of UM Merlin's which are the Dynamic Driver and more bassy cousin of the Miracle. So will be able to give you guys a bit of an A/B once I put my order through.

Quote:
ooohhhh, man.

i'm gonna order mine soon.

was previously deciding between UM Merlin or Miracle, but apparently they say the Merlin is very bassy. so I'm gonna join the Miracle family!

You won't regret it. :D And the Merlin is more bassy, wanting to test it out myself. So probably going to get a set to compare.

Good luck with your Miracles mate, really can't see you being disappointed.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #30 of 3,153

Hey Aaron,

How are you finding the combination of Miracles + the RSA amp?

I had to send the right earpiece of my miracles back for a refit... so now I have more time to ponder more accessories to purchase :)

gav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back