Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #3,001 of 3,153
Hey guys,

I've been pairing my Miracles with Null Audio's Lune MKII cables for the past 2 years. The Lunes are amazing (noticeably deeper bass reach and wider soundstage) and complement the Miracles exceptionally well. I highly recommend this pairing for those looking for a decent aftermarket cable.

However, my Lunes are faulty and I'd like to try something new. Currently eyeing Toxic's new 22AWG Silver Widow's due to their famed bass. Anyone with a recommendation? :)

Regards
Leon

Jun 3, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #3,002 of 3,153
  Currently eyeing Toxic's new 22AWG Silver Widow's due to their famed bass. 

What a coincidence, am using the exact combo with DX100 now. Bass impact is mad, while retaining excellent clarity.

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #3,003 of 3,153
Just got my miracle fixed.
The fixing price itself is gonna cost me 400 due to replacement of some drivers.
I think you can do 300 euro easily as they just raised the price for it.

So happy mine got fix, now I am waiting for my mentor to come. Should bee soon~

How do you like your miracle with sony A serie?

Jun 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,004 of 3,153
Pretty good, but noise floor is a bit high. Some of my quieter music is not as good as I was expected it will be.
Still prefer my dx100 on this.

And I just got my mentor too. They fit together quiet well too.

The bass is just insane in Mentor compare to Miracle. It is like Miracle with sub woofer~~~

In order to the bass not over come the mid, the brings it much forward, which makes vocal more in your face.
It is easy to tell why many people likes it, but I think I still need some more time to get use to the bass.

P.S.
Unlike my miracle that fit perfectly, this mentor have fitting issue on my left ear, so I am sending it back for refitting, which might effect my judgement on the SQ.

Jun 5, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #3,005 of 3,153
  Pretty good, but noise floor is a bit high. Some of my quieter music is not as good as I was expected it will be.
Still prefer my dx100 on this.

And I just got my mentor too. They fit together quiet well too.

The bass is just insane in Mentor compare to Miracle. It is like Miracle with sub woofer~~~

In order to the bass not over come the mid, the brings it much forward, which makes vocal more in your face.
It is easy to tell why many people likes it, but I think I still need some more time to get use to the bass.

P.S.
Unlike my miracle that fit perfectly, this mentor have fitting issue on my left ear, so I am sending it back for refitting, which might effect my judgement on the SQ.

congrats on your new mentor!

please do post the impression from the mentor + sony A pairing, I consider to trade my Legend R with mentor in coming weeks, so I'm interested in some input 

cheers!

Jun 7, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #3,006 of 3,153

please do post the impression from the mentor + sony A pairing, I consider to trade my Legend R with mentor in coming weeks, so I'm interested in some input 

cheers!

As my fitting have problems, I am not sure how accurate my reviews can be.
And also my background is not musician, so I dislike any form of sound distortions even though they are just "tuning" for "musical" sound.  All these reasons may make the review invalid to you.

So, you still want my opinion?

Jul 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #3,009 of 3,153
Toxic Cables Silver Widow is a very good match to UM Miracle but it needs a long break-in. It has a defined and musical bass in my X5.

I don't hear any difference in cables apart from aesthetic 
triportsad.gif

dt880smile.png

My wallet is happy)

Jul 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #3,010 of 3,153
Hi people,

My Miracle is for sale. Manufactured on july 15th 2013. No problems with it, but I bought a CE6P so I need to finance that 
redface.gif

The Miracle comes in it's original box  with the original cable, a Fiio cable and a broken Effect Audio Apollo (connector needs to be fixed). 
I'm in The Netherlands and the price would be € 350,00. Pictures on request.

Hans

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #3,011 of 3,153
Massdrop just posted the universal for $729 with free shipping if enough people join the drop.

Seems like a great price for new.

Any difference between universal and custom versions, besides the fit of course?

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #3,012 of 3,153
Curious about the universal version on Massdrop myself...

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #3,013 of 3,153

cheers!

Well, it is been a while, and I finally got my Mentor.
As a new person in headfi (less than 4 years), here are some of my impressions.
I will try to be as subjective as possible, but music is a very objective thing, therefore I cannot block out what my HD800 and HE6 have already planted in my head.

First of all, Mentor is not an upgrade of my old Miracle, it just been tuned in a different way. The added drivers on both bass and treble side just made the sound more extended on both end. And the new mid driver brings the vocal much forwarded compare to the miracle. If you do not like the sound , you might even consider it a downgrade.

Personally, I like the sound. The added treble brings more details to the high end which leads to a higher sound stage in some of my classical music. The added low end really add some punch and rhyme to most of my jazz collections. The bass also extends lower than the Miracle with very tight controls. The mid range is the biggest difference. It sounds much "louder" than Miracle because it is more forward. This makes most of the vocal stands out and some may say more "emotional".

The very strange thing about those pros I have mentioned above is that they also leads to the cons I am about to mention. Because of the added treble, may pop songs I have will suffer issues with sibilance which I will never need to worry about on Miracle. So, even with a much more powerful bass, Miracle is still the "darker" and "warmer" sounding one. Although the added treble driver makes the sound stage bigger, the forwardness of the mid driver makes it less correct. Some instruments are just more "visible" than others, makes the location of them harder to ping point. Hence, even though Mentor contains a larger sound, Miracle is still more accurate in terms of imaging.

For me, Miracle is closer to my HD800 while Mentor is to HE6. It is hard to claim which phone is better without the music. To be honest, as much as I have enjoy the Miracle, Mentor is definitely used more often by me. It just makes most of my music easier to enjoy due to its more "musical" tuning. However, every once a while, I will start to miss the old fashion plain and flat sound of my Miracle.

Source used:
Ibasso DX100, Sennheiser HDVD800, Benchmark DAC1, Sony A17

Song Used:
Wild follower - Sheryl Crow
Only With you - Olivia Ong
Symphony No.9 in D minor, OP. 125 -"Choral:4 finale" - Daniel Barenboim & West-Eastern Divan Orchestra
Suit for Cello Solo No.1 in G. BWV 1007 Prelude - Janos Starker
Adagio in G minor - Gary Karr
射光の丘 - Lia
Sing for the Moment - Marshall Mathers :)P)

Oct 3, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #3,014 of 3,153
  For me, Miracle is closer to my HD800 while Mentor is to HE6. It is hard to claim which phone is better without the music. To be honest, as much as I have enjoy the Miracle, Mentor is definitely used more often by me. It just makes most of my music easier to enjoy due to its more "musical" tuning. However, every once a while, I will start to miss the old fashion plain and flat sound of my Miracle.

How is it compared to Merlin ?

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #3,015 of 3,153
  How is it compared to Merlin ?

Well, I am not a Merlin Owner, so I will not know.

For what I have heard from all the reviews, you can think it as HD650 in the sennheiser family, or the TH900 in the fostex family.
Basically, it is a bass head phone, more for musical purpose, less towards the high fidelity standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back