Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Feb 16, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #136 of 297
Size can be delusive. I have Audiosense T800 and Monarch OG. Monarch OG is larger but fit me like a CIEM while I have to worry about T800 from falling out of ears sometimes. You have to try them out to know for sure (unfortunately sometimes it involves tip rolling).
Yep, thanks for that comment.. my interest has died down "quite a bit", but I haven't lost it completely yet.. so yeah, I'll still give them a demo when I can..

Feb 23, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #140 of 297
can only afford one IEM at a time, currently have the MEST OG and LOVING it! dont see anything I dont like about it, but can sell it here in my country for $100+ maybe more then I paid for it. thinking of getting the MEXT . should I ? would it be a upgrade ?

I listen to led zeppelin , tupac , fleetwood mac , Mj , pantera , Marvin gayne , Nine inch nail , Prince , the rolling stones, Bountry killa , muddy waters , Janet jackson , bob marley , ghostface killa , Rage against the machine , issac hayes . black sabbath.

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #141 of 297
can only afford one IEM at a time, currently have the MEST OG and LOVING it! dont see anything I dont like about it, but can sell it here in my country for $100+ maybe more then I paid for it. thinking of getting the MEXT . should I ? would it be a upgrade ?

I listen to led zeppelin , tupac , fleetwood mac , Mj , pantera , Marvin gayne , Nine inch nail , Prince , the rolling stones, Bountry killa , muddy waters , Janet jackson , bob marley , ghostface killa , Rage against the machine , issac hayes . black sabbath.
Mext would be more a sidegrade than an upgrade from Mest OG. Going from memory Mext has more bass impact and fuller sound. It is also smoother. Mest OG is more airy in high mids and treble. Both holographic. Mext shells slightly smaller. If you like Mest OG sound 100% you may just stick with the Mest. If you miss some smoothness, warmth and bass impact, Mext can be a great choice.

Mar 2, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #142 of 297
Hey guys, I wrote a review for MEXT with some brief comparisons to Sony IER-M9, Andromeda 2020 and MEST Indigo which can be found here :)

B7736817-DB01-4057-ADDD-E1D71AC6C146.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #144 of 297
My review published today, I'm a huge fan of MEXT which is evident in my review. I had some fit issues that I felt would lead to selling but thankfully Spiral Dot++ in a medium have saved the day... I certainly won't be parting with these wonderful IEMs.

REVIEW

I got hold of a MEXT from a member yesterday - very nice review and I pretty much agree with how you hear it. What a fantastic IEM! No issues fit wise for me, spinfit 145s and very comfortable, but my ears thankfully can deal with big IEMs!

This thing really rocks with my 3MAX, W2 isn't bad and I need to try the P6pro yet. Tonally this is a very good iem and it hits that emotive side very well. I'm hearing the timbre to be a bit than you probably hear it, but I can hear it's being pushed to the limits, but no issues with Jazz for listening which is my barometer.

I bought these as my EDC IEM and it will serve very well!

Mar 6, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #145 of 297
I got hold of a MEXT from a member yesterday - very nice review and I pretty much agree with how you hear it. What a fantastic IEM! No issues fit wise for me, spinfit 145s and very comfortable, but my ears thankfully can deal with big IEMs!

This thing really rocks with my 3MAX, W2 isn't bad and I need to try the P6pro yet. Tonally this is a very good iem and it hits that emotive side very well. I'm hearing the timbre to be a bit than you probably hear it, but I can hear it's being pushed to the limits, but no issues with Jazz for listening which is my barometer.

I bought these as my EDC IEM and it will serve very well!

Congrats, yes fantastic IEM - I actually listened to 'Salute to the Sun' this afternoon and sounded excellent... but I did AB with Dark Sky and I have to hand it to FAudio for timbre, definitely takes the prize.

Curious as to how MEXT might compare to your X at some point when you've had more time with it.

Oh and P6Pro firmly now on my radar also...

Mar 6, 2022 at 12:36 PM Post #146 of 297
Congrats, yes fantastic IEM - I actually listened to 'Salute to the Sun' this afternoon and sounded excellent... but I did AB with Dark Sky and I have to hand it to FAudio for timbre, definitely takes the prize.

Curious as to how MEXT might compare to your X at some point when you've had more time with it.

Oh and P6Pro firmly now on my radar also...

P6pro is very, very good - superb with Traillii!

Hmm not sure about an X and MEXT comparison. Wholly different iems. X's strengths are everything from upper mids up, coherence and lots of sub bass (tho quality is middling). Tonally very different too. You need to try X!

Mar 14, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #147 of 297
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Mar 16, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #148 of 297
Mar 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #149 of 297
I am still torn between UM Mext and Mest Mk2. Besides those two, I also have curiosity of Z1R (worry of fitting) and IE900. I would like to have a all around endgame IEM with some emphasis on bass.

Mar 18, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #150 of 297
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back