Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Feb 3, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #106 of 297
Yeah noticed free shipping over $20, ill defo pick up the AET07's and there's a couple of others that look interesting.
The earrBOND & Queen Lab silicon & foam hybrids? Might give the earrBOND a go? Haven't tried these yet and lots of people really praise the Symbio. I might even pick up a pair of those ePro Horns everyone's raving about? Which version are people using cos most seem to be for TWS?

These https://www.amazon.com/Horn-Shaped-Patented-Replacement-Silicone-Earphones/dp/B08LPTSVCV . They are for tw iems but they fit no problem on Mext nozzles and allow deep comfortable fit

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #107 of 297
Previously owned the MEST MK1, haven't heard the MK2. MEXT is overall warmer than MEST MK1 with a smoother sound. Bass seems to hit harder and deeper, while treble is tamed a bit while still offering sufficient sparkle. Some found the treble on MEST MK1 a bit strident. MEST MK1 did have the taller stage with more air, as well as a wider staging. This is going off of memory so take this with a grain of salt, although I did own the MEST MK1 on two separate occasions; enjoyed it, but alas the fit issues did not improve. Overall I find the MEXT an easier listen. I found MEST MK1 sounded brighter & could be more fatiguing. MEST MK1 is the more technical & resolving IEM, but I think MEXT could serve as a daily use IEM; the warmer tone & extra bass would serve it well as a commuter IEM.

There have been some questions about how MEXT compares to the EE EVO since both make use of a bone conduction driver. I do own the Legend X & Legend X SE. Although I haven't heard the EVO, from what I've read it seems to be more of an upgrade on the SE version. Going by this I don't see the MEXT competing at or near the same level as EVO. LX & LX SE are both more capable than MEXT. Bass not only goes down deeper on the LX twins, but it's a more textured & resolving bass. The Legend X & EVO are double & triple the price of the MEXT though so it's not a knock against the MEXT, but let's keep expectations in check.

So far I'm enjoying the MEXT. UM intended it to be more affordable & somewhat of an intro to the MEST lineup & the bone conduction driver and I think it's a good showcase. I did give the MEXT about 40 hours of burn-in just in case, but it's still early days. During burn-in I did notice you can feel the IEMs vibrating, I assume this is the bone conduction driver at work. I'm hoping to offer some comparisons to the Fir VxV and I'll be making one of my rare commutes to the office on Friday so hopefully I'll have more impressions to share after this weekend.
Going from memory I vastly prefer Mext to Legend X OG. The Legend X bass was always on full tilt and I couldn’t stand it. They seemed to put bass even in tracks where there was no bass..

Also I find the Mext soundstage much more holographic. My 2 cents.

Not sure about LX Se though. From what I had or tried the z1r have the best bass/soundstage. They are really that amazing. But they may not fit all ears and require deep fit to sound best.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #108 of 297
He’s referring to MEXT, and comparing it from his memory of MEST Mk2 that he sold before Christmas. :)

Yes indeed, thanks!

Looking forward to your thoughts on MEXT vs EXT.

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:38 AM Post #109 of 297
I didn’t hear MEXT already, but I believe in @Scuba Devils impressions.
I speak with him everyday and we had Mest Mk2 since March/April 2021.
We got many other IEMs and after first sight Mest MK2 love we realized what Mest Mk2 lack to be an all rounder.
Mid Bass lack body and punch and sub bass results a bit slow compared to mid/high.
Highs are more forward than mids that lack body with some genres.
My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #111 of 297
Going from memory I vastly prefer Mext to Legend X OG. The Legend X bass was always on full tilt and I couldn’t stand it. They seemed to put bass even in tracks where there was no bass..

Also I find the Mext soundstage much more holographic. My 2 cents.

Not sure about LX Se though. From what I had or tried the z1r have the best bass/soundstage. They are really that amazing. But they may not fit all ears and require deep fit to sound best.
Legend X bass could be a bit much at times. SE reeled it in a bit and brought out the mids for a more balanced sound. SE sounds "cleaner". It's subtle, but definitely noticeable to my ears.

Feb 4, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #112 of 297
My poor SA6 has been soundly defeated. SA6 was almost unlistenable after a sesh w the MEXT. Damn haha

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #113 of 297
MEXT are really hitting the spot for me, I feel they are maybe falling a bit under the radar - I can say with absolute certainty having had now since Wednesday, much more to my preference vs MEST MKII. Love the bass, love the mids, love the treble - and while on the warm side, I don't feel at a loss for detail. Soundstage is fantastic, and vocals are really special - both male and female sound excellent, well centred and up front with wonderful realism and a sense of intimacy about them too. Only a few days in, but I've not yet had a 'hmm' moment where I feel they haven't suited a track for some reason, wonderful all-rounder. Massive thumbs up from me.

Feb 5, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #114 of 297
Sitting here watching the Knick game listening to the MEXT. Got the Beatles on and the sound is just about perfect. Separation, details, imaging, layering, timbre, everything is there. The vocals are prestine. This set is so so awesome!

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #115 of 297
MEXT universal bought, I’ll have it tomorrow. If I can get that same Indigo imaging with a slightly bassier tuned IEM / smoother treble then I plan to go custom with it also. :)
If you go custom, let me know, I might be in for your universal.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #116 of 297
Got the Silver Dragon cable for the MEXT in today. Sounds pretty awesome. Here's a pic of the MEXT w Symbio tips and the ZX300..

20220207_214931.JPG

Feb 11, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #118 of 297
At the time I sold the mest mkii for the same reason, not enough bass slam for me, they lacked a bit that dd decay and punch I like. If you are looking for emotional engagement plus bass slam, you will be happy with the mext, the bass is fantastic. I suggest tips that will allow you to have a deep fit, they change quite a bit with tips and fit . Epro tw tips did the trick for me.
Since you mentioned that you rank Z1R over Mext, if I only have to choose one between Z1R and Mext and I am leaning more towards punchy and fun rather than analytical, which one do you recommend?

Feb 12, 2022 at 12:11 AM Post #119 of 297
Since you mentioned that you rank Z1R over Mext, if I only have to choose one between Z1R and Mext and I am leaning more towards punchy and fun rather than analytical, which one do you recommend?
Both Mext and Z1R are punchy and fun rather than analytical. If your ears can accomodate the size, Z1R would be my choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back