Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Feb 14, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #122 of 297
Only noticed, a metal piece missing from the vent on one side... I've sent a message to MusicTeck.

20220202_132022.jpg
Just out of curiosity, did you ever get this issue resolved?

Still waiting for these to come to my local shop..
If not too much trouble, any chance you could take some photos next to your other IEMS, namely the Zen pro, FH9 and anything else you feel like, just to compare size.
I've tried the Mest II, they fit me perfectly, a bit worried that these are a tad too big, thanks!

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #123 of 297
Just out of curiosity, did you ever get this issue resolved?

Still waiting for these to come to my local shop..
If not too much trouble, any chance you could take some photos next to your other IEMS, namely the Zen pro, FH9 and anything else you feel like, just to compare size.
I've tried the Mest II, they fit me perfectly, a bit worried that these are a tad too big, thanks!

Not resolved yet, Musicteck posted some spare vents though - I'm fine with that, easier than shipping them back!

No problem, I'll take some photos later today after work.

Feb 14, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #124 of 297
Feb 15, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #125 of 297
Yeah, that's good enough, not a big deal..

Looking forward to them, thanks..

Sorry, I didn't get a chance last night but will do today.

Feb 15, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #126 of 297
Sorry, I didn't get a chance last night but will do today.
No worries mate, whenever you get a minute, no rush.

I'm not completely set on these as the size could potentially be a deal breaker..

Feb 15, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #127 of 297
No worries mate, whenever you get a minute, no rush.

I'm not completely set on these as the size could potentially be a deal breaker..

Managed to take a couple of shots. Hard to capture size differences but MEXT the biggest of this lot and certainly in my collection. MEXT on the right, followed by FH9, Traillii, ZEN PRO, and IE900

20220215_143505.jpg

20220215_143722.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 15, 2022 at 10:26 AM Post #128 of 297
Wow! That MEXT really is ‘thick’… it must contain everything and the kitchen sink! But being that ‘deep’ does it really tick all boxes as it’s certainly got the room to accommodate everything.

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #129 of 297
Managed to take a couple of shots. Hard to capture size differences but MEXT the biggest of this lot and certainly in my collection. MEXT on the right, followed by FH9, Traillii, ZEN PRO, and IE900

20220215_143505.jpg

20220215_143722.jpg
Which is the heaviest? Also...I believe a comparison between the FH9 and MEXT will be coming up...keeping fingers crossed for that.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #131 of 297
The Mext is fairly chonky but they feel light compared to smaller all metal designs. The nozzle is wider for sure thought not nearly as thick as some moondrop stuff. I do find the MEXT really comfy though.
Do you have any plans to post a review of these. I'm tossed up btwn these and the Clairvoyance MK2. So far, I havent really loved any electrostat I've bought or audtioned and I'm thinking the BAa in the the Mext might give me what I'm looking for in extended natural treble. To me all the electrostats I've heard bring plenty of sparkle but there's something unnatural and eventually fatiguing about it and they don't play nice with tough recordings.

Feb 15, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #132 of 297
Do you have any plans to post a review of these. I'm tossed up btwn these and the Clairvoyance MK2. So far, I havent really loved any electrostat I've bought or audtioned and I'm thinking the BAa in the the Mext might give me what I'm looking for in extended natural treble. To me all the electrostats I've heard bring plenty of sparkle but there's something unnatural and eventually fatiguing about it and they don't play nice with tough recordings.
I actually posted my review but I had to have it moved to the right place. I’ll link it below.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/un...of-bone-conduction.25639/reviews#review-27944

Feb 15, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #133 of 297
Which is the heaviest? Also...I believe a comparison between the FH9 and MEXT will be coming up...keeping fingers crossed for that.

FH9 is heavier being titanium, I find it more comfortable though and can definitely wear for longer sessions. The comparison will be soon, college assignment to conclude and then finishing my MEXT review which will involve an FH9 comparison!

Feb 15, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #134 of 297
Perfect photos, shows the differences clearly..
Wow, that MEXT's a big boy, suddenly my interest has died down quite a bit... FH9's not small either huh...
I've tried the IE900 and loved them both sound and fit, too bad I can't find them in stock.. ZEN PRO is smaller than I imagined, might look into them, been reading many interesting reviews.. (not taking a mortgage out for the Traillii)

Thanks again, appreciate it!

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #135 of 297
Perfect photos, shows the differences clearly..
Wow, that MEXT's a big boy, suddenly my interest has died down quite a bit... FH9's not small either huh...
I've tried the IE900 and loved them both sound and fit, too bad I can't find them in stock.. ZEN PRO is smaller than I imagined, might look into them, been reading many interesting reviews.. (not taking a mortgage out for the Traillii)

Thanks again, appreciate it!
Size can be delusive. I have Audiosense T800 and Monarch OG. Monarch OG is larger but fit me like a CIEM while I have to worry about T800 from falling out of ears sometimes. You have to try them out to know for sure (unfortunately sometimes it involves tip rolling).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back