Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Aug 27, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #287 of 297
Arriving VERY late to the party... so... between those two, for rock, herave metal and specially prog metal and power metal, what would be the better choice?

I get that Mest is technically better, and the Mext has better bass, but how does this translate for metal? Guitars are meatier on the Mext, or just equally good?

Does the mids in the Mext too thin, or just... perfect?

Sep 7, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #288 of 297
IMHO Soft only if compared to the electrostats in the MEST and others, which is EXACTLY why I love the MEXT. He does say musical with good technical abilities.
From where I sit, estat, while technically superior, generally can sound a little artificial. I've been through several, sets featuring them and the only one I kept is the EJ07M.
When I started reading the MEXT reviews and saw terms like "rolled off treble", soft treble, etc... I was concerned, but I must say the MEXT is my favorite set to date. I'd even say, personally, I don't need to pursue anything else, I'm that happy with them.
Same here, I AB the MEST MKII and MEXT for several times, and finally I made the decision to buy MEXT, I reckon the treble is more natural on MEXT. MEST MKII to me sounds a bit artificial although it performs better than MEXT on technical basis.

After 200 hours of burn-in, the treble of MEXT has become very smooth and extends very well. I really like the timbre of the treble and the micro details are also on the top notch.

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #289 of 297
O cabo padrão me parece bom, mas também não resistiu à tentativa de um upgrade; então, aproveitando uma oferta do site deles, peguei um Dunu Hulk pro (agora ele está no caminho).
Não tenho certeza se combinou bem com o Mext, mas estava procurando um cabo que guardasse todo o corpo sonoro desses fones.
What about the Dunu Hullk Pro Cabo, did you like it? Does anyone else recommend a cable that they have tested and liked the synergy of?

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #290 of 297
During the on-going burn-in, the bass of the MEXT opened up around the 270 hours mark. It is now more forward, goes really deep and starts to slam really hard. The bass is very well controlled and does not bleed into the mids. The whole sound signature of the MEXT is now filled with more warmth.

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #291 of 297
Any upgrade recommendations on cable for the MEXT? Looking at PW Audio as I definitely need the same ear hook shape and without microphonics as in the stock cable .

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #293 of 297
I just received the Unique Melody NEXT from Hifigo. Top class service! It took 8 days in transit to get to the Essex coast here in the UK. The tracking service is first class really comprehensive. I chose Priority postage, which included all customs and postal costs. Their communications were quick and responsive. No issues at all with my first purchase from this company. I am confident enough to shop with them in future. They do stock an amazing inventory of gear. Highly recommended!
One quibble with the IEMs. How on earth are you guys getting the tips on??? Any particular technique? I spent an hour trying to attach both tbe included Sednafit and stock black tips to no avail. In the end the only one which I was able to detach and reattach was the prefitted one. Luckily, the M size is ok for me, but ideally I want MS. Very frustrating!

Edit: finally managed to get the MS size attached - now perfect fit! I had to basically use scissors to expand the holes.

Initial impression before break in is that this IEM is my sweet spot: big soundstage, fab layered imaging, big bass, clean beautiful mids, relaxed but detailed highs. The MEST seems too full on and aggressive for me, and without the MEXT bass.

Not that I have much experience with IEMs. I had a Etymotic ER4 i think it was many moons ago, cannot remember much about it. Then more recently the Shure SE215 (meh), followed by ISN H40 ( big bass, great soundstage - but too warm). But hopping back into the game with my purchase of the Kann Max, I needed something higher end to pair with that.

Endgame for me!

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #294 of 297
No updates in this thread for a while...Anyone still using MEXT? How does it compare to ie600 or Xenns Top?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back