Unique Melody MEXT Announcement and Impression Thread
Apr 11, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #166 of 297
I’m onboard and glad to contribute towards the greater cause. Order placed today for the Mext. I’ll be looking forward to receiving these with a view to remembering those when I listen. Many thanks to Andrew at MusicTeck and UM for the opportunity to both donate and listen.

Attachments

• 63B3FE7B-390D-4F03-9D99-26ABA55BB6BF.png
    63B3FE7B-390D-4F03-9D99-26ABA55BB6BF.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #167 of 297
unicef MEXT already en route to me in the UK. Another outstanding Customer Service turnaround by Andrew at MusicTeck! Also funds for unicef will be getting to the Ukraine quickly as I see both models have now sold out. Looking forward to listening to these IEM’s greatly. Peace, Love and Healing to all.

Apr 21, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #168 of 297
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #169 of 297
Now this is what it's all about! I had the UM Mest MK2 not so log ago and was looking forward to the crisp sounds and the bone conduction system. The MK2's were fabulous detail retrievers but the Bass was not that great for me. Now... these MEXT versions are brilliant. Bass/Bone Conduction is fantastic and crispness of sound is still there. Excellent job UM! Very pleased with these MEXT IEM's and also happy to contribute to the Ukrainian cause. Many thanks also goes to Andrew at MusicTeck who despatched these out to me in the U.K. at record speeds yet again. Great service yet again!

Attachments

• 20220424_121835.jpg
    20220424_121835.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #170 of 297
Now this is what it's all about! I had the UM Mest MK2 not so log ago and was looking forward to the crisp sounds and the bone conduction system. The MK2's were fabulous detail retrievers but the Bass was not that great for me. Now... these MEXT versions are brilliant. Bass/Bone Conduction is fantastic and crispness of sound is still there. Excellent job UM! Very pleased with these MEXT IEM's and also happy to contribute to the Ukrainian cause. Many thanks also goes to Andrew at MusicTeck who despatched these out to me in the U.K. at record speeds yet again. Great service yet again!
I agree, tho I had the MEST OG not MKII

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #171 of 297
I've had the MEXT since Friday and wasn't exactly sure what to expect. After reading all the reviews and impressions had had printed on my mind Dark, Warm, Bass Heavy, and Rolled Off Treble. They took a couple of hours to open open up but I can now safely say I've found my personal end game. I love the MEXT. The bass is very satisfying without becoming overwhelming or bleeding over the mids. Vocals and strings are perfection, not too far forward nor too far back, and treble is clean clear, articulate and plenty of sparkle for my tastes. It's not estat treble, but I hear nothing lacking. From where I sit, that's a good thing. Until the EJ07M came into my life I hadn't had any good experiences with estates. I found them too hot, rather unnatural, and uncomfortable for long listening sessions. The Shuoer fixed that for me and I've been quite happy.

In terms of staging, I find the MEXT quite wide with good height and depth, but instrument placement ant texture is outstanding, often bringing in really holographic imaging Ive been listening to a fair bit of Jazz, Funk, and Classic rock over the last couple of days and the timbre incredible. The way MEXT Reproduces drums is almost unparalleled, the only other set I've heard that does drums as well is the IMR OG EPD planar. You can literally hear and feel the texture of the skins as they are being struck whether with force or with gentle, finesse. Really exquisite.

Listening to Brantford Marsalis "Scenes From The City" you feel the whole cityscape in Three dimensions and at one point in the recording, you hear Brantford walking up the street to the front door of a Jazz Club and I caught myself several times turning around to see who was walking up behind me, crazing imaging. Those BC motors are clearly doing their job very well.

I love this set and I think I'm now ready to unload alot of other gear. I found exactly what I've been looking for in the MEXT.

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #172 of 297
I've had the MEXT since Friday and wasn't exactly sure what to expect. After reading all the reviews and impressions had had printed on my mind Dark, Warm, Bass Heavy, and Rolled Off Treble. They took a couple of hours to open open up but I can now safely say I've found my personal end game. I love the MEXT. The bass is very satisfying without becoming overwhelming or bleeding over the mids. Vocals and strings are perfection, not too far forward nor too far back, and treble is clean clear, articulate and plenty of sparkle for my tastes. It's not estat treble, but I hear nothing lacking. From where I sit, that's a good thing. Until the EJ07M came into my life I hadn't had any good experiences with estates. I found them too hot, rather unnatural, and uncomfortable for long listening sessions. The Shuoer fixed that for me and I've been quite happy.

In terms of staging, I find the MEXT quite wide with good height and depth, but instrument placement ant texture is outstanding, often bringing in really holographic imaging Ive been listening to a fair bit of Jazz, Funk, and Classic rock over the last couple of days and the timbre incredible. The way MEXT Reproduces drums is almost unparalleled, the only other set I've heard that does drums as well is the IMR OG EPD planar. You can literally hear and feel the texture of the skins as they are being struck whether with force or with gentle, finesse. Really exquisite.

Listening to Brantford Marsalis "Scenes From The City" you feel the whole cityscape in Three dimensions and at one point in the recording, you hear Brantford walking up the street to the front door of a Jazz Club and I caught myself several times turning around to see who was walking up behind me, crazing imaging. Those BC motors are clearly doing their job very well.

I love this set and I think I'm now ready to unload alot of other gear. I found exactly what I've been looking for in the MEXT.
What source are you using?

Apr 24, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #173 of 297
Apr 24, 2022 at 11:28 AM Post #174 of 297
I've used: M6 Pro 21, UP5 and Atom Amp all low gain
Yes, I agree on the low gain. Bone conductor has a bit too much energy on higher gains

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #175 of 297

It seems that you haven't read my review!!!
Enjoy!

Apr 24, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #176 of 297
deleted

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #179 of 297
How do you guys find the passive noise isolation?
Most of the IEMs has reasonable passive noise isolation unlike earbuds such as Airpods. I had been running for hours wearing Mest Mk2, Monarch OG, Z1R, T800, they are all pretty good if you have the right tips to the point that it can be dangerous if I am not running on the dedicated running trail as I cannot hear the incomming vehicles around me. However, if you are talking about in a crowded subway train or airplanes, that's a different story.

Apr 28, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #180 of 297
How do you guys find the passive noise isolation?
Relative to my other iems, all of which are more than sufficient to block noise when flying, the MEXT is on par. Run some music through them and pretty much all you're going to hear is music. The shell is big enough fill the ear cavity. They're not CIEMS but equal isolation to my other universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back