Unique Melody Merlin - 5 Driver Custom Hybrid - Quad BA + DYNAMIC Driver
May 15, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #333 of 400
I've got to pick up some blu-tac to try covering the vent. I used tape but it keeps peeling off. So far it makes a subtle but clear difference, with less bass impact and depth, and a flatter soundstage. I wonder if the difference would be even bigger when dealing with the final version that has more bass output.... seems like the dynamic driver would need to breathe more.

May 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #334 of 400
I never thought i'd see the day, when cutom iem's were BLUETAC MODDED!!

No headphone is safe from the blue tac modders!

eek.gif

May 16, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #337 of 400
heh you never know, maybe blutac is made out of some unknown compoun which acts as a super conductor of sound which reproduces sweet sounding lush mids with brilliant highs without sibilance and low lows with impact and reverberation which just hits you hard.

May 16, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #340 of 400
Just to give you a heads up, the Unique Melody Merlin is now available in the UK and Europe (via AmpCity):

http://uniquemelody.co.uk/products.php#merlin

Having tried them myself, I would have to say that the Merlin is a truely phenomenal piece of engineering!

May 20, 2011 at 3:10 AM Post #343 of 400
I think some personal issues happened with the lead tech over there so everything has been slow.  I hope it all gets sorted out for him though so we can get more impressions out for the Merlin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back