Unique Melody Merlin - 5 Driver Custom Hybrid - Quad BA + DYNAMIC Driver
May 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #301 of 400
roy before you attempt to single me out. I was always stating my opinion and what i heard. I'm by no means a reviewer and suggest you retract any implied meaning that my comments are abrasive.

should you feel extraordinarily sensitive to the rather neutral comments that I have made then please direct them to the moderators.

Its people like you that bring the honesty of reviews down. And I PERSONALLY do not appreciate your rather obtuse opinions.

May 3, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #302 of 400

I'm sorry but this sounds very childish. If someone were to call a product I love utter crap, that person is entitled to his opinion and that's the whole point of the forum. The forum is meant to get different opinions together in order for the reader to draw his or her own conclusions. If someone gets emotional and distressed about such opinions then I think that's an issue that person has to resolve, life is too short these are only in-ears we are talking about here. Imagine how depressed Beats users will be around these parts if this were always the case : /. 

No worries, but how would you feel if you were to find out that your comments had actually reduced a head-fier to tears?  I'm not going to say who, but I have it on good authority that some of these negative comments have caused this head-fier serious emotional distress to the point of tears.  As a result, I feel there should be new rules against any type of product-bullying.  

May 3, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #304 of 400

Quote:
I'm sorry but this sounds very childish. If someone were to call a product I love utter crap, that person is entitled to his opinion and that's the whole point of the forum. The forum is meant to get different opinions together in order for the reader to draw his or her own conclusions. If someone gets emotional and distressed about such opinions then I think that's an issue that person has to resolve, life is too short these are only in-ears we are talking about here. Imagine how depressed Beats users will be around these parts if this were always the case : /. 

I apologize; I just don't like to see anyone get hurt in these discussions. 

We've got to remember that there are a lot of kids who use these forums, and for many of them, their purchase of a custom IEM is a really big deal.  They may not yet have the emotional maturity necessary for the type of critical objectivity you prescribe. 

May 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #305 of 400
If that's the case they should not visit the forum and parental guidance should be at play. These forums usually involve discussions among adults that even though is overall clean and mature it may prove to still be troubling for certain minors. 

May 3, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #306 of 400

No date yet, they said, they'll be having it early next week.

Quote:
roy, I was merely stating what I heard. and as i've stated before, my problem with the quads is the presentation and perhaps this is their house sound. nothing melodious about them, just straight out mechanical. benny benassi isn't a song i test for highs by the way. its the song i use to test for bass.

whatever, clearly a lot of sore spots when people talk about their 500 dollar customs rofl.

hey kingice stereo going to carry the merlins next week? sound great!!!!! got a date?

May 3, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #307 of 400

Quote:

We've got to remember that there are a lot of kids who use these forums, and for many of them, their purchase of a custom IEM is a really big deal.  They may not yet have the emotional maturity necessary for the type of critical objectivity you prescribe. 

Emotional maturity is overrated.
tongue.gif

You are indicating that a great faction of Head-Fi members lack it... and I don't know if they appreciate that. Besides, experience is good. We don't need "protection laws" to shield us from dealing with disagreements that are indeed very constant in the real world.

May 3, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #309 of 400
popcorn.gif
deadhorse.gif

May 3, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #311 of 400
We all need to have a little bit more of a thick skin when it comes to defending our favorite gear. We live in a world where the Sony SA-5000 and the Denon D7000 can each be sold as "reference level headphones", yet they are extremely different. The people behind each product clearly have different ideas about what good sound should be, and that's perfectly fine, since each model has its share of fans or detractors. No one product is perfect for everyone.

If you feel that someone is unfairly categorizing your favorite gear, the best thing you can really do is just describe your experiences about that item in detail. The rest is up to the reader to discern which point of view they most identify with. There's no point in making it personal.

I have a high level of respect for 1964 Ears as well as UM, and I don't think they are really in competition with each other due to their totally different sound signatures. I'd be comfortable saying the UM Aero and the 1964-T (both triple driver models) are roughly on the same level, but vastly different in focus. People will favor one or the other but I can't see someone having a tough time choosing between them.

So with that being said, can we not talk about it any more?

I've heard about the holiday in China this week. Is it still a full week off? I thought it got reduced to just a day or two. 

May 3, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #313 of 400
X2

Quote:
We all need to have a little bit more of a thick skin when it comes to defending our favorite gear. We live in a world where the Sony SA-5000 and the Denon D7000 can each be sold as "reference level headphones", yet they are extremely different. The people behind each product clearly have different ideas about what good sound should be, and that's perfectly fine, since each model has its share of fans or detractors. No one product is perfect for everyone.

If you feel that someone is unfairly categorizing your favorite gear, the best thing you can really do is just describe your experiences about that item in detail. The rest is up to the reader to discern which point of view they most identify with. There's no point in making it personal.

I have a high level of respect for 1964 Ears as well as UM, and I don't think they are really in competition with each other due to their totally different sound signatures. I'd be comfortable saying the UM Aero and the 1964-T (both triple driver models) are roughly on the same level, but vastly different in focus. People will favor one or the other but I can't see someone having a tough time choosing between them.

So with that being said, can we not talk about it any more?

I've heard about the holiday in China this week. Is it still a full week off? I thought it got reduced to just a day or two. 

May 3, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #314 of 400
Yes, and in fact some of their technicians in the lab are still working during the three day holiday. It's just that some mail services and such are closed during those three days, so they can't ship them out during the holiday. 

Quote:
Unique Melody from North America stated on their facebook page that the Golden Week holiday is from the first to the third of May

May 3, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #315 of 400

Quote:

How many kids have a spare 1K to spend on Custom IEMs?  I know when I was a kid, I never did, and as an adult.....   well ....  not much has changed.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back