Unique Melody Merlin - 5 Driver Custom Hybrid - Quad BA + DYNAMIC Driver
Aug 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #391 of 400
@project86

how's the low's on the merlin. would you be able to notice that it is a dynamic driver from a blind testing. im concern about the bass quantity since i'm not a basshead. im afraid it might me too overpowering

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:16 PM Post #392 of 400
I haven't heard the 5EB in ages, but from memory it is no where near in the same league as the Merlin. You should be very pleased with the upgrade.

That being said, I've been keeping an eye out for a used pair of EBs to reshell. You are correct in saying that they are hard to find.

That certainly sounds promising, anyway. I wonder how the smaller dynamic in the Merlin compares with output from 5EB? 10mm to 13.5mm does seem significant.

Aug 4, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #393 of 400
personally im not really like a bass head myself... but yea i feel the bass is rich, impactful, pretty deep, and punchy, which is smth i actually looking for. Dont worry abt the bass. it aint dark at all. in fact, to me it sounds like a punchy hifi system which my dad has in our living room and his master bedroom...

Quote:
@project86

how's the low's on the merlin. would you be able to notice that it is a dynamic driver from a blind testing. im concern about the bass quantity since i'm not a basshead. im afraid it might me too overpowering

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #394 of 400
Well it's done. Just put in my order for the Merlin, so can do an indepth compare between it and the Miracle. :D
Absolutely can't wait. But the wait this time will be far more bareable as I have the Miracles to keep me company while I wait...

Sep 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #395 of 400
Merlin Unboxing Fail

Round 1:

Go Scissors!!...grrrrrr....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back