Unique Melody Merlin - 5 Driver Custom Hybrid - Quad BA + DYNAMIC Driver
Apr 16, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #121 of 400

Quote:
Wouldn't have had you pegged as a cable guy. 

I'm actually not. Not at all. I've been there and done that with Shunyata etc, and have come out the other side no longer believing in any difference between properly constructed cables. My system now has Blue Jean, Impact Acoustics, Monoprice, that sort of thing. 

But I do appreciate aesthetics, build quality, and durability, all of which the Beat Audio cables should offer more of compared to the stock cables. I got the Cronus cable for dedicated home use, and I got it longer than the usual 50" cable because I always find the leash a little short in that scenario. I also recently mangled a newish Westone cable during portable use, so I'm hoping the Beat Audio Supreme cable is a good replacement for that. I sincerely doubt I will hear any improvements but that's alright with me.

I also like checking out new gear that nobody has really reviewed or heard of yet. Beat Audio fits that description too. I plan on loaning the cables out to a few trusted HeadFiers too, just to see what they think. If they report sonic improvements I won't make fun of them.

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #125 of 400

Quote:
Stephen from custom-iem.com sent me these pictures of my Merlins. Now I'm even more excited to get them:

Awesome!  Looking forward to your impressions once you get them.  

Apr 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #126 of 400
I've got to imagine that UM has spent a long time tuning these to get them right.  I wonder what kind of DD they're using, too. 

I'm trying to think of a DD IEM that is said to have better bass than the best BA IEM's.  I know a lot of DD IEM's have more bass, but I'm thinking specifically of better bass. 

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #128 of 400
Those look great @ project86, and that my favorite color! Enjoy.
beerchug.gif

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #130 of 400
Apr 18, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #131 of 400
I think you will find many of us liking your FB page. Many of us head-fi members can't wait to hear this hybrid.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #134 of 400
Nice! I have been wanting to hear about a good hybrid IEM. 

Project86, I look forward to your review. Great color, my favorite as well. Don't let the skeptics bring you down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back