Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Apr 11, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #391 of 850
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #395 of 850
So Bro,  how does it compare?

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #398 of 850
I had the Westone 4s before I bought the Mentors. The only thing the Westones do well are smooth vocals. In every other aspect, the Mentors are completely different but in a good way. Wider, clearer, bassier, trebblier, etc.. They are powered by my Iphone 5s too. They are definitely the funner IEM. I never heard the JH, but I would imagine they are closer to the westone sound signature but on steroids. That's just a guess

Apr 18, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #399 of 850
  I had the Westone 4s before I bought the Mentors. The only thing the Westones do well are smooth vocals. In every other aspect, the Mentors are completely different but in a good way. Wider, clearer, bassier, trebblier, etc.. They are powered by my Iphone 5s too. They are definitely the funner IEM. I never heard the JH, but I would imagine they are closer to the westone sound signature but on steroids. That's just a guess

Thanks skil.  I am trying to decide between the Mentors and the JH13's at this point.  My money is burning a hole in my wallet right now but I cannot decide which CIEM is right for me.

Apr 19, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #400 of 850

Thanks skil.  I am trying to decide between the Mentors and the JH13's at this point.  My money is burning a hole in my wallet right now but I cannot decide which CIEM is right for me.

Flip a coin - you will always wonder about the one you didn't choose in either case. People find both of them generally awesome. I've heard the uni versions of both and I prefer the Mentors - just more my cup of tea than anything - the 13s are great, too. Count yourself lucky that you are even in a position to make such a choice - that may help, too. Good luck!

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #401 of 850

The Mentor to me is better for my preference.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #402 of 850
The Mentor to me is better for my preference.

Would you mind elaborating exactly why?  I am trying to understand the sound signatures of these high end CIEMs without ever hearing them.  Tough stuff!  The last thing I want is to plop down this amount of money, wait for them to be finished, listen to them and think......meh. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #403 of 850

Would you mind elaborating exactly why?  I am trying to understand the sound signatures of these high end CIEMs without ever hearing them.  Tough stuff!  The last thing I want is to plop down this amount of money, wait for them to be finished, listen to them and think......meh. 

will for me i never had the chance to listen to anything i ever bought, since i am located in Dubai, and they sell only "brands" those who are famous but not HQ for each penny you pay,

so i did learn the hard way, i did buy warm, neutral, bright gear, and yet once you know the kind of sound you like then its fine,

as long as you know what you like, the rest is to search A LOT and ask many people about the product  that you have your eye on,

and they will till you the product's advantages and flaws, how smooth/harsh etc etc, so have more faith in other audiophiles who did spend over 3000-5000$ around here, but no someone who got 1-2 headphones and still green, and like this you will be 100% on the safe side, the rest is up to you, hope i was some kind of help for you ^^ 

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #404 of 850
I apologize for the incorrect statement , it is very difficult for me to describe my feelings by listening headphones in a language that I just read .
I compared JH13pro with Mentor and I can say that Mentor has better detail, wider and higher than an imaginary scene, despite the fact that the bass is not less perceived better, no fatigue.
Highs and Mids are the highlight in Mentor and pleasantly surprise fans of live instrumental music with natural tone,  also want to mention about the vocals, it is not distorted as in Merlin.

If you are interested brief description JH13pro / Mentor - JH13pro are buzzing midbass, audible almost everywhere, moved away a little midrange. If you like the detail in the midrange, fast and assembled bass, Mentor - the best your option.

Source was listening DACamp - http://mycroft.su/en/catalog/cifroanalogovye_preobrazovateli/myst_portadac_1866ocub_v2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back