Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Apr 3, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #361 of 850
thanks for the advise..i guess i will have to go dark this time..all my iem has been on universal fit....my current fav iem is w4r....but i have some fit issue with it and cannot get good sound isolation..

I got the universal and I am very happy with it.
That being said I will be sending them off shortly to be respelled into customs :)

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #362 of 850
I got the universal and I am very happy with it.
That being said I will be sending them off shortly to be respelled into customs
smily_headphones1.gif

is this your first CIEM? i dont own any CIEM and i hope Mentor can be my first and last..gonna have my impression done this coming saturday and i was planning to re-shell my tf10 to custom before this and now i change my mind.....

many have been saying fitear TF334 is better than mentor and both of them is at the same pricing..

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #363 of 850
I have heard good things about the fit ear also but without hearing them I couldn't say.
I think at this level of in ear, within reason there is no bad. It's more about your tastes. Just my 2 cents.

I wasn't sure abut the mentors and couldn't get an audition so I went with universal first so if I had to resell them I could. I won't be though :)

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #364 of 850
tested the universal mentor today at one of our local distro...my overall impression is i like it :D..the bass is really much more impactful than W4R...the soundstage is better too...

my next step now is to design my ciem look and then get the custom version...gonna pull the trigger before my wife regret of her promise...haha

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #365 of 850
  many have been saying fitear TF334 is better than mentor and both of them is at the same pricing..

Naaaah... i really dont think so..
The character of both IEM is different, so which is better? I think its the matter of taste..
For my taste, mentor is waaaaay above tg334..
TG344 is much more expensive when you compare at the specification & the sound quality..

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #366 of 850
has anybody have experience with both the earsonics s-em6 and the mentor that could offer comparison? I thought I would settle down with the s-em6, until i stumble across this ^_^

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #367 of 850
tested the universal mentor today at one of our local distro...my overall impression is i like it :D..the bass is really much more impactful than W4R...the soundstage is better too...

my next step now is to design my ciem look and then get the custom version...gonna pull the trigger before my wife regret of her promise...haha

Haha I am glad to hear you likes them.
I find their real beauty to be that they seem to be a genre master. They just sound great with just about anything.
Of course it's horses for courses. My Merlin's did edm better but the mentors are better for EVERYTHING else

Apr 3, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #368 of 850

Naaaah... i really dont think so..
The character of both IEM is different, so which is better? I think its the matter of taste..
For my taste, mentor is waaaaay above tg334..
TG344 is much more expensive when you compare at the specification & the sound quality..

I have a listen to both and each got its strong points... to make it short.. if u wanna feel like seating in first few row then get TG334... Mentor is abit more lad back... The bass goes deeper and extends further then TG334 but dun have the TG334 Prat. High and soundstage is better for TG334 while bass and mids the Mentor wins hands down.. I test both with DX50 24bit and 16bit audio tracks that i am super familiar with. That is TG334 with 001 cable. and using the same dual flange tips on both of them... Tips and seal does affect the sound greatly if seal is not properly attain.

Now that i got the fitear cable 000 i will find a time to compare them again with the Mentor. Seriously i am really curious if the mentor is able to fit in the 000 or 001 cable it could be the best TOTFL IEM.

I got the Fitear before the Mentor even announced.. now if given a choice to buy either one.. it would be a tough choice since the Mentor universal is a few hundreds cheaper. 

But again as we know Excellent SQ to different folks is different as in their different in tastes and preferences and largely depend on the tuning of the manufacturer and not the number s of drivers inside... JH Roxanne is a good example 12 drivers but is more tune towards rock thus i still prefer the sound from JH13 then JH16 or the Rox.. 

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #369 of 850
something came up and i sold my WA7, now the Mentor :< , guess i will gave to wait 2-3 months before buying it again T_T

willing to sell my Mentor CIEM for 1k USD + free fast shipping (DHL),  will be some tough months without them :< 

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #370 of 850
I have a listen to both and each got its strong points... to make it short.. if u wanna feel like seating in first few row then get TG334... Mentor is abit more lad back... The bass goes deeper and extends further then TG334 but dun have the TG334 Prat. High and soundstage is better for TG334 while bass and mids the Mentor wins hands down.. I test both with DX50 24bit and 16bit audio tracks that i am super familiar with. That is TG334 with 001 cable. and using the same dual flange tips on both of them... Tips and seal does affect the sound greatly if seal is not properly attain.

Now that i got the fitear cable 000 i will find a time to compare them again with the Mentor. Seriously i am really curious if the mentor is able to fit in the 000 or 001 cable it could be the best TOTFL IEM.

I got the Fitear before the Mentor even announced.. now if given a choice to buy either one.. it would be a tough choice since the Mentor universal is a few hundreds cheaper. 

But again as we know Excellent SQ to different folks is different as in their different in tastes and preferences and largely depend on the tuning of the manufacturer and not the number s of drivers inside... JH Roxanne is a good example 12 drivers but is more tune towards rock thus i still prefer the sound from JH13 then JH16 or the Rox.. 

I use both, 334 with 000 and now the Mentor with balanced silver cable. Both out of the AK240.
I cannot sell either one. Both are different both sound awesome

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #371 of 850
my X-Sabre DAC 1st impressions (gave it 15 hours of burn as my friend told me to do), BEST DAC!!!!  why? remember how did i describe the WA7's DAC? Neutral and Musical yet Not warm! , the perfect mix between the musical upper mids and fun/dynamic, yet way way smoother! the music is so smooth! what a mix!! i am enjoying the Mentor like CRAZY!!! 

ofc pairing it with my Pico Power which i think its the best to pair with the Mentor, also SW cable or Oslo II from beat  audio, 

i am so not going to able to sell the Mentor now, guess i will work extra time or do something @_@  sold the WA7 today so i guess i am fine for now. 

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #372 of 850
Still waiting my UM Mentor Titanium Universals that UM Global shipped to me (Italy) last Friday.  It arrived here in Rome, Sunday night, and its now Friday. Tracking says for 5 days: "Clearance event" .....

Grrrrrr.... 

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #373 of 850

I've only heard demos, not own it.. but I really wouldn't say TG334 have better high..
many people find the high with 001 cable have laid back high..
i've never heard 334+000 cable.. I've heard 334 with 001 cable & custom silver 32AWG cable..
I heard the mentor only with standard UM cable..
Maybe because I only heard demos, not own it.. so i dont have more time with it..
To my ear.. Mentor have more sparkly extend treble than 334.
Because mentor have more tight bass & higher upper mid & extend treble, of course the PRAT is better with mentor.
Soundstage of mentor is outstanding, large black space, very 3D.. TG334 have "in your face" soundstage..
The bass on TG334 touch deeper than mentor & have more texture, but the mentor have more tight bass..

Apr 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #374 of 850
finally got my ear impression done this morning...next is to head over to my local store and pay $$$$...erm...and also the design of my first ciem...really hard to decide .. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back