Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Apr 6, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #378 of 850
Congrats and enjoy :). I will be sending mine off to be made custom in the coming month. Can't wait and yet almost nervous to send them off lol

Hi,

Wonder how much will it costs you to convert universal to custom? Is it a good/safe approach this way or should I just jump straight to custom? By the way, I'm looking for my first ciem and still couldn't make up my mind...

Thanks!

Apr 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #381 of 850

The fee will be the normal UM reshell fee... Plus the ear impression and the shipping....

Thanks for your reply. I'm still considering which IEMs (K10, Mentor, Roxanne) to choose...so if I can convert an universal to custom, then it would be a better choice...

maybe u can check it out with the respective vendor on K10 and Roxanne...but i think if you order roxanne...you will have to wait for quite some times...UM waiting time now is say to be 6 weeks....for Roxanne...i think u need to wait 3-5months~

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #382 of 850
After many glitches finally received my universals. Breaking-in right now.
Paired it with a pure Ag from HPL Audio terminated by a Oyaide Rhodium straight.
Will post actual pic later when I can get this off.  
etysmile.gif

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #383 of 850
  After many glitches finally received my universals. Breaking-in right now.
Paired it with a pure Ag from HPL Audio terminated by a Oyaide Rhodium straight.
Will post actual pic later when I can get this off.  
etysmile.gif

gorgeous pic

Apr 10, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #386 of 850
You got it!!

Man I hear real music!. Real instruments, real voices. 
Others got resolution, got the warmth, the mids, highs, basses etc...But sounded artificial.

These ones no!  So natural, not fatiguing hard to put down.

Now back to my toy!!

Forgot the obligatory pic...

Apr 10, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #387 of 850
  You got it!!

Man I hear real music!. Real instruments, real voices. 
Others got resolution, got the warmth, the mids, highs, basses etc...But sounded artificial.

These ones no!  So natural, not fatiguing hard to put down.

Now back to my toy!!

Forgot the obligatory pic...

WOW Congrats.  I love mine too.  You hit the nail on the head.  They are just so natural.

Might I suggest, if you can deal with the comfort, try the silicone tips.  I actually prefer the sound (when isolation isnt paramount) with them over the foam.

YMMV, just worth playing with.

What is that cable?

Anyway, congrats, welcome and enjoy!!

Apr 11, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #388 of 850
Thanks for the tip Wyd4, yes surely I will try them (and others). But don't have the "time" yet (u know what I mean).

The cables are sleeved 24awg occ silver from HPL Audio terminated by a 3.5 Oyaide.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #389 of 850
Thanks for the info on the cable.

I sound like the worst audio lover ever, but I really like the synergy between the iPhone 5s/iPad Mini Retina and these IEM's.
I dont know why but I think the edgy sounding iphone with the smooth IEM is a really nice combo haha.

That said I think an amp would maybe open them up even further (not volume by any stretch), however the thought of double amping makes me cringe and well line out options are non existant without going for an external dac, thus losing the aforementioned synergy lol.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back