Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Jan 3, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #256 of 381
Got a pair of ME1, was too curious about planar IEMs .
I owned Isine10 in the past, I very much liked the sound but with cipher cable only. With regular cable the experience was clearly not the same so since I'm not an Apple user I decided to sell them
I much prefer ME1 than iSine on many points : construction, look & feel, comfort but from my memory Isine10+Cipher were more fun sounding, more vivid & clearer
To compare them side by side I decided to buy another pair of isine10, will see

Note to a moderator : can't we merge this topic with this one?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unique-melody-me-1-impressions-thread.860397/

The Me.1 like the isine with the regular cable require some EQ adjustment, in the previous pages of this thread you'll find an EQ graph that you can use it as starting point.
Remember that the cipher cable has built in an EQ curve that increase dramatically the sound quality.

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #258 of 381
Someone tried the Me.1 balanced? Any improvement?
I have some balanced cables being made to use with the FiiO Q1 Mark ii. Will report back when I get a chance to listen for a bit. It’ll be a while until I get them in, though.

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #260 of 381
It depends on the source i guess.
I am using balanced output from my Sony wm1a and I feel the synergy is VERY good with ME-1

Are you finding any better imaging, separation, or detail retrieval? Or better bass impact/sound?

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #262 of 381
I don't know if anyone has tried the Dekoni Bulletz, but I just got a set of the 4.9mm Mercury and they fit the nozzle perfectly and conform to my ear canals better than the stock foams, and as a result, isolate better. Because they're memory foam, you can squish them and they'll expand over time inside your ear. I tried this with the stock foams and they don't quite cooperate for me. Size wise, they're comparable to the stock foam tips, so a Dekoni medium will be the same as a UM medium.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0SGE1S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (even though the picture shows 3mm Gemini, these are the 4.9mm Mercury).

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #263 of 381
Which comply tips do I need to order, I need medium, either the same as come shipped or another comply that fit. Also needs to be available in the UK

Jan 23, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #265 of 381
Which comply tips do I need to order, I need medium, either the same as come shipped or another comply that fit. Also needs to be available in the UK
I think you would want the Isolation 400, 500 or 600. The inner diameter of the tip should be ~5mm. The ME.1's nozzle diameter is 6mm.

Also check out the Dekoni Bulletz 4.9mm, as I noted in my post above. I like them over the supplied Comply tips.

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #266 of 381
I think you would want the Isolation 400, 500 or 600. The inner diameter of the tip should be ~5mm. The ME.1's nozzle diameter is 6mm.

Also check out the Dekoni Bulletz 4.9mm, as I noted in my post above. I like them over the supplied Comply tips.

Will try the 500 or 600, has some 400’s lying around but they lacked any real depth or body to the music when I used them.

Got some Symbio W and Final E tips on on order.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #268 of 381
I just got in the Symbio W ear tips and they don't fit me at all. Tried the smallest and they're too big (I'm normally a medium on most tips) and not very malleable. If anyone wants to buy these from me, let me know.

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #269 of 381
Symbio W tips and Final Audio E tips arrived today.

Not tried the Symbio tips yet but the E tips fit well and so far quite happy with the sound from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back