Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Feb 6, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #286 of 381
No, I really don't EQ, but I have tried it a bit with the iTunes EQ on R&B. The bass really jumps out there, but I eventually went back to flat. I will state, however, that a good amp really pushes the ME.1 to its fullest potential I use a tube amp (Project Ember by Garage1217). The amp and earphone have great synergy.

Understand, usually tube amps are definitely warm and I’m assuming they can offset some of the lack of bass I was pointing out.

I sue my me.1 with the Wm1z this is where the main difference is.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #287 of 381
Understand, usually tube amps are definitely warm and I’m assuming they can offset some of the lack of bass I was pointing out.

I sue my me.1 with the Wm1z this is where the main difference is.
But .... using with it my Penue D DAP now. Still I hear plenty of bass. Not like with a tube amp (that boost the whole sound), but it's definitely there and rich enough and deep enough.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #288 of 381
But I am trying to tell you guys that I was initially disappointed and didn't hear a lot of bass either until I played around with the fit (and tips). I'm using old UE tips older than UE900 silicone. The fit is pushed back into the upper inside lobe with a somewhat shallow fit (but tip wide enough to cover ear canal opening). Great sound with plenty of bass.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #289 of 381
Now, if you're looking for sub-bass monster earphones, these aren't you. These are a more balanced sound earphone. would suggest the the LZ A5 if you want slamming bass, great mids and not too harsh treble, but it won't give you the air, instrument separation and the spacey soundstage that the ME.1 gives you.

Feb 6, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #290 of 381
I'm pairing the ME.1 with the FiiO Q1 Mark II and bass is plenty with the bass boost on. Like with most planars, the bass is clean and present. I agree that fit is really important with the ME.1. Without a snug, in-ear fit, you'll be disappointed. I've already mentioned, but my best fit is with the Dekoni Bulletz. Silicone tips haven't worked well with this for me.

Feb 6, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #291 of 381
IMG_4461.jpg

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #292 of 381
Here's a photo of my newly arrived ME.1 with the left earpiece in black and the right earpiece in red and an extra cable with remote + mic. Unique Melody have also included a complimentary and impressive Japanese Inden deerskin pouch and magnetic strap.

I love everything about these ME.1s. Not only do they look remarkable (Seriously, the photos don't do them justice. They look like jewelry in real life), but the sound is also incredible. The realistic imaging and detailed sound throughout the whole frequency range is unlike anything I've heard before. And once I got used to the tuning, I really loved how neutral these sound while still being extremely musical (I did not want to EQ these at all!). Love 'em!

I really have to praise Unique Melody for their stellar service and thank them for making this happen. Thank you.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #293 of 381
Here's a photo of my newly arrived ME.1 with the left earpiece in black and the right earpiece in red and an extra cable with remote + mic. Unique Melody have also included a complimentary and impressive Japanese Inden deerskin pouch and magnetic strap.

I love everything about these ME.1s. Not only do they look remarkable (Seriously, the photos don't do them justice. They look like jewelry in real life), but the sound is just incredible. The realistic imaging and detailed sound throughout the whole frequency range is unlike anything I've heard before. And once I got used to the tuning, I really loved how neutral these sound while still being extremely musical (I did not want to EQ these at all!). Love 'em!

I really have to praise Unique Melody for their stellar service and thank them for making this happen. Thank you.

Cool!

Where did You get them from?

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #295 of 381
How much sound do these leak?

I'm not so concerned about hearing outside noise, as other hearing what I'm listening to. I thought the iSine I tried at a meet leaked an acceptable amount for being open-back, how would these compare?

Feb 26, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #296 of 381
How much sound do these leak?

I'm not so concerned about hearing outside noise, as other hearing what I'm listening to. I thought the iSine I tried at a meet leaked an acceptable amount for being open-back, how would these compare?
Short answer: no. I use these at work where it's pretty quiet and I get no complaints about noise leaking. I've had co-workers in the past tell me other headphones leak sound, but not these. I think they're perfect for the work environment.

Feb 26, 2018 at 2:30 AM Post #297 of 381
Short answer: no. I use these at work where it's pretty quiet and I get no complaints about noise leaking. I've had co-workers in the past tell me other headphones leak sound, but not these. I think they're perfect for the work environment.
That's pretty awesome tbh.

Do these really sound "planar" though? As in, big, spacious, and full. I've been reading that their bass leaves a bit to be desired. And I've not seen anyone describe these as "Essentially full sized headphone sound" as I've seen in the iSine series reviews (I don't like the fit/look of the iSines).

Feb 26, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #298 of 381
That's pretty awesome tbh.

Do these really sound "planar" though? As in, big, spacious, and full. I've been reading that their bass leaves a bit to be desired. And I've not seen anyone describe these as "Essentially full sized headphone sound" as I've seen in the iSine series reviews (I don't like the fit/look of the iSines).
Yes, they do sound like planar headphones because they are. I use mine with the FiiO Q1 Mark II, which has a bass boost. I feel like the bass is on par with other planars I've had (Ether C, HE-560) with the exception of the Alpha Prime, which had exceptional bass (I miss them so much).

Feb 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #299 of 381
Switched to using the ME.1s with the JVC Spiral Dots.

Compared to the stock foam tips, The Spiral Dots don't change the sound signature by too much. If there's any difference in sound between the two, it's negligible to me (unlike with the stock silicone tips, which reduce the bass and increase the treble to a fault). Maybe the detail has been increased ever so slightly? Not worth mentioning...

What is different is the comfort. These are way more comfortable than the foam tips as they don't put a lot of pressure inside your ears. I was able to listen to the ME.1s for much longer periods of time. The Spiral Dots also give you the added bonus of not needing to go through the cumbersome comply foam process (squish, insert and wait). Just insert them and you're good to go.

Feb 27, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #300 of 381
Switched to using the ME.1s with the JVC Spiral Dots.

Compared to the stock foam tips, The Spiral Dots don't change the sound signature by too much. If there's any difference in sound between the two, it's negligible to me (unlike with the stock silicone tips, which reduce the bass and increase the treble to a fault). Maybe the detail has been increased ever so slightly? Not worth mentioning...

What is different is the comfort. These are way more comfortable than the foam tips as they don't put a lot of pressure inside your ears. I was able to listen to the ME.1s for much longer periods of time. The Spiral Dots also give you the added bonus of not needing to go through the cumbersome comply foam process (squish, insert and wait). Just insert them and you're good to go.

+1
I’m using the spiral dot too, and the comfort is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back