Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. jbr1971
    If they are the ones I was looking at, they are the Symbio W (made by Mandarin). I have read a lot of good things about them.

2. chowmanfu
    Yeah! That's the company. Sorry, I couldn't remember. And if you really want serious sound, you gotta amp. I think an amped ME.1 can hang with $2000+ iem's. Planar is amazing.

3. Ultrainferno
    kubig123 and chowmanfu like this.
  4. Fred-svv
    I tried to liar the images, but when the post is on, it does not appear. I'm a little noob, maybe...hahaha

Thanks!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  5. CFGamescape
    I’ve been out of the game for a while, but saw the iSine20 on sale for 399, then saw the ME.1 on sale for 599. Based on everyone’s raving reviews, I couldn’t resist. I’ll probably end up looking at amps now lol. It has begun 2.0.

kubig123 likes this.
  6. kubig123
    $599 for the me.1 is a amazing deal.

Enjoy your new purchase!

CFGamescape likes this.
  7. CFGamescape
    Alright, got the ME.1s in (super fast shipping via Music Teck, btw). So far, really like the sound just with the DragonFly Red + PC.

I want to try these balanced. Any recommendations on what cable / cable maker to go with? I like the stock cable a lot, but need to try these balanced (need to get a balanced amp, too). LOL.

8. chowmanfu

Whatever brand you go with, get an eight-core cable, at least. I'm using a twelve-core. It ROCKS!

I'm using a balanced amp and it makes a big difference.

I just got a Curious USB cable and it's amazing! DOUBLES the sound stage!!!

CFGamescape likes this.
  9. kubig123
    Which cable do you have?

10. chowmanfu
    I'm using Whiplash Twau. They're crazy expensive. I'm only using them because I already had them for my desktop setup. I never would have bought them just for IEM's. Whiplash has a Twag v4, for a good price. If you want to stay with copper, the Twcu is a really good price.

11. m8o
    Hi, I searched this thread for the term 'leak', but got no hits.

I listen to music pretty loud; a lot louder than I should and I imagine louder than most people. If I'm cranking this, is it safe to say people around me at a pretty wide radius will hear what I'm listening to?

Thanx

12. kubig123
    Thanks,
    I have the twag for the Audeze lcdi4, 8 wire, I’ll try it with the me.1

13. chowmanfu
    Awesome! Craig reterminates for a good price. He made my old cable modular so I could use it between my desktop and portable rigs. The Twag should sound wicked!

14. Cotnijoe
    The ME.1 isolates more than other open in-ear designs, and it's generally not a big issue at normal listening volumes - even in very quiet spaces like a library.

However, if you tend to listen louder, that could become an issue if you plan on listening in very quiet environments.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ service@uniquemelody.org
    ericp10 likes this.
  15. cocolinho
    Got a pair of ME1, was too curious about planar IEMs .
    I owned Isine10 in the past, I very much liked the sound but with cipher cable only. With regular cable the experience was clearly not the same so since I'm not an Apple user I decided to sell them
    I much prefer ME1 than iSine on many points : construction, look & feel, comfort but from my memory Isine10+Cipher were more fun sounding, more vivid & clearer
    To compare them side by side I decided to buy another pair of isine10, will see

Note to a moderator : can't we merge this topic with this one?
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unique-melody-me-1-impressions-thread.860397/

kubig123 likes this.
First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20
Next

Last