Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Dec 16, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #241 of 381
The tips are called Mandarin, I think, and they came from Hungary. One of the ME.1 reviews I read suggested them. The 'wide bore' is a perfect fit. You gotta order on EBay and the shipping from Europe takes a while to US. They're great! Foam is protected so they don't rip!

As far as sound, you gotta amp with headphone power. They shine, baby! Full output from DAP plus a little gain from amp! ME.1 is like HE-6! Push'em!

If they are the ones I was looking at, they are the Symbio W (made by Mandarin). I have read a lot of good things about them.

Dec 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #245 of 381
I’ve been out of the game for a while, but saw the iSine20 on sale for 399, then saw the ME.1 on sale for 599. Based on everyone’s raving reviews, I couldn’t resist. I’ll probably end up looking at amps now lol. It has begun 2.0.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #247 of 381
Alright, got the ME.1s in (super fast shipping via Music Teck, btw). So far, really like the sound just with the DragonFly Red + PC.

I want to try these balanced. Any recommendations on what cable / cable maker to go with? I like the stock cable a lot, but need to try these balanced (need to get a balanced amp, too). LOL.

Dec 28, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #248 of 381
Alright, got the ME.1s in (super fast shipping via Music Teck, btw). So far, really like the sound just with the DragonFly Red + PC.

I want to try these balanced. Any recommendations on what cable / cable maker to go with? I like the stock cable a lot, but need to try these balanced (need to get a balanced amp, too). LOL.

Whatever brand you go with, get an eight-core cable, at least. I'm using a twelve-core. It ROCKS!

I'm using a balanced amp and it makes a big difference.

I just got a Curious USB cable and it's amazing! DOUBLES the sound stage!!!

Dec 28, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #250 of 381
I'm using Whiplash Twau. They're crazy expensive. I'm only using them because I already had them for my desktop setup. I never would have bought them just for IEM's. Whiplash has a Twag v4, for a good price. If you want to stay with copper, the Twcu is a really good price.

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #251 of 381
Hi, I searched this thread for the term 'leak', but got no hits.

I listen to music pretty loud; a lot louder than I should and I imagine louder than most people. If I'm cranking this, is it safe to say people around me at a pretty wide radius will hear what I'm listening to?

Thanx

Dec 28, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #252 of 381
I'm using Whiplash Twau. They're crazy expensive. I'm only using them because I already had them for my desktop setup. I never would have bought them just for IEM's. Whiplash has a Twag v4, for a good price. If you want to stay with copper, the Twcu is a really good price.

Thanks,
I have the twag for the Audeze lcdi4, 8 wire, I’ll try it with the me.1

Dec 28, 2017 at 11:50 PM Post #254 of 381
Hi, I searched this thread for the term 'leak', but got no hits.

I listen to music pretty loud; a lot louder than I should and I imagine louder than most people. If I'm cranking this, is it safe to say people around me at a pretty wide radius will hear what I'm listening to?

Thanx

The ME.1 isolates more than other open in-ear designs, and it's generally not a big issue at normal listening volumes - even in very quiet spaces like a library.

However, if you tend to listen louder, that could become an issue if you plan on listening in very quiet environments.

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #255 of 381
Got a pair of ME1, was too curious about planar IEMs .
I owned Isine10 in the past, I very much liked the sound but with cipher cable only. With regular cable the experience was clearly not the same so since I'm not an Apple user I decided to sell them
I much prefer ME1 than iSine on many points : construction, look & feel, comfort but from my memory Isine10+Cipher were more fun sounding, more vivid & clearer
To compare them side by side I decided to buy another pair of isine10, will see

Note to a moderator : can't we merge this topic with this one?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/unique-melody-me-1-impressions-thread.860397/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back