Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 8, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #198 of 926
Nov 8, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #199 of 926
Quote:

damn wish it was in english but wow those look amazing, Im glad i went with the translucent blacks they look fantastic. Ive never seen customs as clear as the UM's are.

Nov 8, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #200 of 926
Those shells look stunning!!! What I want to know now is their SQ.
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #203 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The translucent red in the link is a remolded JH13 I suppose?

why did they remold JH13? is JH custom quality that poor?

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #204 of 926
Nope, just the person's fit warranty was out of date i believe, and they saw the build of UM to be rather impressive, so they got it remolded by UM instead. My 10X3's aren't built the best either, am hoping Jerry to fix them up for the review. But no answer, he only said he would fix it up, i needed to clarify some other things. No reply.

Looking at the recent monitors of JH though, they seem to be built very well. Can't confirm for real life as i don't have a update in build.

Nov 8, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #205 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, just the person's fit warranty was out of date i believe, and they saw the build of UM to be rather impressive, so they got it remolded by UM instead. My 10X3's aren't built the best either, am hoping Jerry to fix them up for the review. But no answer, he only said he would fix it up, i needed to clarify some other things. No reply.

Looking at the recent monitors of JH though, they seem to be built very well. Can't confirm for real life as i don't have a update in build.

wouldn't the warranty be void if remold by another company?

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #208 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i say "JH13" QC and shell quality so poor.....

Do you believe????

10000% believe with you. Why I believe you ? .. Because my JH13 shell quality so poor as well

JHAUDIO shoud improve QC process

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #209 of 926
Maodi. Since this thread is focusing on Mage, why not just give your impression without comparing with UE11.

Tq.

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #210 of 926
I agree with bakhtiar. MaoDi, given your public profile you already have respectable experience with a very broad range of universal and custom IEMs; so why not just writing a few sentences about the Mage's sound signature as it is?

The really only distinguished thing I've read about the Mage on another forum is that they are supposedly rather on the bright side, especially with a UE custom cable.

Plus, I believe that barely anyone here is truly about to decide between buying the UM Mage or UE11, because if someone is willing (and able) to spend USD 1000+ on a custom IEM, they will probably go for the reputable and technically most advanced JH13 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back