Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #211 of 926
I agree with Paddy and bakhitar , why don't post their review and after some time add comparison to UE11(but I dont see why you must compare to them, compare them to others custom, number of drivers isn't important).

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 8, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #212 of 926
Maodi, I have no intention to force or push you to post your Mage review. It is up to you and I always looking forward to read your excellent reviews. My ears impression are alreadyat UM's lab, and tentatively will arrive to me by the end of this month.
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope I can read your review before that.

Tq.

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #213 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Paddy and bakhitar , why don't post their review and after some time add comparison to UE11(but I dont see why you must compare to them, compare them to others custom, number of drivers isn't important).

Configuration is a crucial part in reviewing, the review should be fair and consistent. If i were to compare a JH5, to a JH13 despite both being fantastic monitors i'm sure, it wouldn't be fair. I think i will go with first posting the Mage, and then updating with the UE11 and the Verdict.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #215 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And will you compare them(at least with few sentences) to others like 10x3 and es3x?

Not in the review itself, but i am open to questions.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #216 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Around $575 USD depending on exchange rate.

pretty cheap comparatively..

Nov 9, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #218 of 926
Quote:

Configuration is a crucial part in reviewing, the review should be fair and consistent. If i were to compare a JH5, to a JH13 despite both being fantastic monitors i'm sure, it wouldn't be fair. I think i will go with first posting the Mage, and then updating with the UE11 and the Verdict.

That is good a news for us
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thank you very much.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #219 of 926
Nov 9, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #220 of 926
Quote:

Configuration is a crucial part in reviewing, the review should be fair and consistent.

Actually, I think the most crucial element, when it comes to comparisons, is simply price. I couldn't care less how an IEM is configured: what I care about is the quality/cost ratio.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #221 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by smart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6 pairs of the Mage will arrived in Thailand tomorrow, then we should get more comments about them. Anyway, photos are available here:

Re: [GB] UM The Mage (น้à¸*ง มาร์à¸à¸µà¹‰) [มาดูสัดส่วนน้à¸*งà¸à¸ µà¸à¸µà¹‰à¸à¸±à¸™]

Not good shots, though.

Wow. Team Thailand :p

Hopefully Mage for Team Malaysia will be finished soon
popcorn.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #222 of 926
^^^
smily_headphones1.gif

But they already outnumbered us
smily_headphones1.gif

OO.. your signature... already changed to Mage.
smily_headphones1.gif

Since more and more Mages reviews will be posted here, better to change this thread title, to UM Mage Appreciation thread, or, we can split to the new thread. I preferes all Mages reviews to be posted here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #223 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I think the most crucial element, when it comes to comparisons, is simply price. I couldn't care less how an IEM is configured: what I care about is the quality/cost ratio.

I agree with Sinocelt! At this price point, Mage can't be all that bad. I think it will be a major improvement over UE5, EX2, and at least on par with JH7.

I live in Taiwan, and I am very well aware of the "San Zhi" strategy over the strait. I think IEM technology is much easier to emulate than many other hi-tech products. I am really itching to find out if the price/performance ration is as good as I am excepting from UM.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #224 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with Sinocelt! At this price point, Mage can't be all that bad. I think it will be a major improvement over UE5, EX2, and at least on par with JH7.

I live in Taiwan, and I am very well aware of the "San Zhi" strategy over the strait. I think IEM technology is much easier to emulate than many other hi-tech products. I am really itching to find out if the price/performance ration is as good as I am excepting from UM.

They are on the same level as my ES3X, UE11 and so on

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:42 AM Post #225 of 926
Sounds really really good. Maybe now it's a good time for me to get rid of my UM3X
tongue.gif
and get ready to buy this.

MaoDi. Sorry I forgot. Which IEM did you have re-shelled?? I remembered it's SE530, but I am not sure. I had my UESuperFi5Pro re-shelled with additional driver added. I like them so much that I spend most of mine time listening to them instead of the UM3X.

My questions is, from your unbiased opinion, do you think the Mage will be a significant improvement over the San Zhi 10Pro that I have??

Thanx in advance!

Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back