Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 7, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #181 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychoacoustist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh oh.
ph34r.gif

Well, the estimate said 6-10 days... I can just assume those are business days, so 2 weeks would be acceptable.

Nov 7, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #183 of 926
I don't think it would be fair to UniqueMelody if I wrote a review or gave my impressions at the moment because they are currently on the way back for refits. So, I'll leave you with pictures
smily_headphones1.gif

The build quality as always, is great. I have no complaints and the shell is a PERFECT shade of blue (sky blue). It's extremely clear and I didn't see any bubbles or flaws.

As for the artwork, I would advise waiting for their printer. The "ummage" logo was of my own creation and as you can see in the pictures, didn't turn out perfect. It's not bad per se, and Sam even gave me the option to have it removed when he showed me pictures of it, but I decided it was good enough. If you look close, you can see there are spots of discoloration and some of the lines weren't filled in 100%, but it looks much better in person. It's so small, it's difficult to see the flaws unless you're looking for them.

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #184 of 926
^^ wow those look great. Now you got me wondering if i wanna get the artwork done or not lol. When will they be getting the printer thing do you know? Also is it costing you out of pocket for the refit? did you get new impressions or what? this is my number 1 worry that they wont fit right and ill keep having to send them back, 35 bucks shipping from them and sometimes that much to them can get expensive fast.

Nov 7, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #186 of 926
I'm waiting to know from Sam that my Mage are finished: i really hope that i shall not need a refit because i wouldn't like to ship it back from Italy, it's very expensive. Fingers crossed.

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #187 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ wow those look great. Now you got me wondering if i wanna get the artwork done or not lol. When will they be getting the printer thing do you know? Also is it costing you out of pocket for the refit? did you get new impressions or what? this is my number 1 worry that they wont fit right and ill keep having to send them back, 35 bucks shipping from them and sometimes that much to them can get expensive fast.

You always pay shipping there, and they pay shipping back. As long as it's in the warranty period. Which is 60 days i believe....not sure. Would have to confirm.

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #188 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For what it's worth, it seems most people don't need refits when buying UM monitors, so I think I'm a rare exception. Mine just seem a little smaller than they should be. The shape is spot on, but they require constant adjusting to keep a tight seal. So, I'm assuming they may have shaved a little too much off my original impressions.

It isn't costing me anything, except shipping and I did have to get new impressions.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #192 of 926
They do go in all the way, they are the tightest fitting combination of pins and connectors that i have owned on a custom before. The ES cable fits so tightly that, it takes effort to remove the connectors or insert it. No, the prongs are not too big for the female connector, it's just tight fitting.

Nov 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #194 of 926
Haha, that's what i thought at the beginning, but i looked more carefully, the prongs weren't in all the way in the connector. So i knew it fit, so i just pushed it in all the way. It fits perfectly. Also, on occasions depending on your ear, the acrylic body might be in the way of the connector going in all the way, so watch out for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back