Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 7, 2022 at 6:27 AM Post #5,596 of 7,306
a grand more (1700 more than what I paid really)
This hobby in a nutshell

But be fair, MEST Indigo on the used market can be found as low as $1700 which is the price of a MKII custom set...

I can't really compare Indigo with other similarly tuned IEMs in the price range, but you will find in this thread people saying MEST Indigo are as good or sometimes preferred over stuff like Oriolus Traillii ($4,999) and Empire Ears Odin ($3,399)

Last edited:
May 9, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #5,597 of 7,306
Just purchased the Indigo's from MusicTeck, absolutely pleased with the purchase. They are replacing MEST v1's, and I also have custom EE Phantoms and Valkyries. I think I'll just be using the Indigo's from now on.

I don't have much to add as far as listening notes go, but paired with n A&K SP1000 copper I think I'm pretty close to an end game. Of course in a few years I'll probably get something else just because that's the nature of the hobby, but given the level of detail, the soundstage, and the overall quality, I can't imagine anything else will bring improvements (it'll just be different).

May 9, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #5,599 of 7,306
I want the Indigo's so bad. I love my MEST Mk2 more than anything else I've had and I want to just buy the Indigo's, block HeadFi in my firewall and be happy for the rest of my life.
It’s a hard balance to read the forums and not spend money. I decided to just set aside $100 a month towards new gear. Problem is them darn tubes I got into. Recently found couple pairs that sound amazing so done spending on tubes.

I am trying out some new cables from effect audio, my early thoughts are positive, I might have found a cable to replace the stock mest. I love the sound the stock cable produces with the mest mkii but dislike how stiff stock cable is. The effect audio is a prototype of there new signature line. If price is right highly consider getting one.

Since mest mkii been out for awhile has there been any word on a mkiii. There is the indigo but only with a limited release. But they have recently added custom indigos. Just wondering if there’s been any info on what’s next.

May 12, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #5,600 of 7,306
It’s a hard balance to read the forums and not spend money.

That should be the unspoken tagline of Head-Fi LOL.

May 12, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #5,601 of 7,306
UM run any sort of sales? I'm interested in getting a pair of custom MEST MKii.

May 12, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #5,602 of 7,306
UM run any sort of sales? I'm interested in getting a pair of custom MEST MKii.

Talk with Andrew @MusicTeck. He’s usually got some type of sale going on, and since Memorial Day is at the end of this month, I’m sure he’ll have a deal on UM iems. In case you’re not in the US, he ships overseas. ✌️

May 13, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #5,603 of 7,306
Talk with Andrew @MusicTeck. He’s usually got some type of sale going on, and since Memorial Day is at the end of this month, I’m sure he’ll have a deal on UM iems. In case you’re not in the US, he ships overseas. ✌️
Totally agree Andrew at musicteck really is helpful and he always has great prices on holiday deals. He also stands behind items he sells and will help you with any custom mest questions.

May 17, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #5,605 of 7,306
Just received my Indigo from the classifieds today. I'm an Mk2 owner as well. I haven't had a lot of time with it, but I'm pretty sure I love it. And it fits me perfectly, unlike Mk2. Definitely warmer signature, but still retains that excitement and bite while toning down some of what made the Mk2 difficult for me on some tracks. Cable is a massive upgrade from the stiff one provided with Mk2. I feel like this will be the perfect complement to my U12T. One laid back reference and diffuse; the other exciting, engaging, and full of dynamic fun.

May 18, 2022 at 7:02 AM Post #5,606 of 7,306
Just received my Indigo from the classifieds today. I'm an Mk2 owner as well. I haven't had a lot of time with it, but I'm pretty sure I love it. And it fits me perfectly, unlike Mk2. Definitely warmer signature, but still retains that excitement and bite while toning down some of what made the Mk2 difficult for me on some tracks. Cable is a massive upgrade from the stiff one provided with Mk2. I feel like this will be the perfect complement to my U12T. One laid back reference and diffuse; the other exciting, engaging, and full of dynamic fun.
i want upgrade mkii to indigo too. but i have a question. details and treble extension quality in indigo same level in mkii or not

May 18, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #5,608 of 7,306
May 19, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #5,609 of 7,306
I've had a couple days with the Indigo now. I appreciate the added warmth and tonal balance compared to mk2. This might decrease Soundstage a bit, but it's worth it imo. There is also noticeably more detail. Best of all, fit is easier for me than Mk2. The only negative is I'm still getting some harshness of "s", "ch", "f" sounds like the Mk2. Deeper fit helps, but doesn't eliminate.

May 19, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #5,610 of 7,306
MusicTeck_April 2022 Letter.jpg

Thanks to all the customers who supported the donation through the MEST and MEXT special edition. Here is an official letter from the UNICEF, and I believe all the donators have received one letter from them (along with the tax deduction form) individually as well.

Thank you again for your love and care!

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back