Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 20, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #5,612 of 7,306
Does anyone else experience sibilance with their Mests? I had the issue with Mk2. I had hoped Indigo would solve that, but still experiencing it. Have tried a plethora of tips and depths. It's literally the only thing keeping me from loving them.
Very little. I've always been very sensitive to sibilance and it has prevented me from liking headphones that I otherwise loved (Denon D2000, HE400, IMR R1, 7hz Timeless). If I listen for it on the MEST mk2 I can hear that the SSSS is there but if I don't listen for it, it does not jump out as bothersome. This might be my 41 year old ears or it may be that the Mk2 presents it in a less offensive manner. What I can say is that the MEST has much hotter treble than anything I've ever enjoyed before and that has not stopped me from loving them.

May 20, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #5,613 of 7,306
Very little. I've always been very sensitive to sibilance and it has prevented me from liking headphones that I otherwise loved (Denon D2000, HE400, IMR R1, 7hz Timeless). If I listen for it on the MEST mk2 I can hear that the SSSS is there but if I don't listen for it, it does not jump out as bothersome. This might be my 41 year old ears or it may be that the Mk2 presents it in a less offensive manner. What I can say is that the MEST has much hotter treble than anything I've ever enjoyed before and that has not stopped me from loving them.
Thanks. It can stick out at me unfortunately. I'll keep playing around for now, but it's frustrating.

Edit: I haven't heard anyone describe the Mests as sibilant, so I'm not sure why they are to me.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #5,614 of 7,306
Does anyone else experience sibilance with their Mests? I had the issue with Mk2. I had hoped Indigo would solve that, but still experiencing it. Have tried a plethora of tips and depths. It's literally the only thing keeping me from loving them.
I had a little of what might be described as sibilance with some tips. It was really more of a "splashy-ness" in the upper treb's. Where I felt some of the uppers weren't decaying fast enough. But the ePro TW01's did away with that.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #5,616 of 7,306
I'm curious if I can have my Indigo converted to customs or if they have to be ordered as customs upfront.

I'd be interested also. Though on Musicteck it says custom Indigo are limited to 20 only. Being one of the first adopters and then seeing a custom version being offered bummed me out. If only they offered it at the same time I would have jumped straight to a custom.

May 21, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #5,617 of 7,306
I'd be interested also. Though on Musicteck it says custom Indigo are limited to 20 only. Being one of the first adopters and then seeing a custom version being offered bummed me out. If only they offered it at the same time I would have jumped straight to a custom.
Part of me wonders if it's just a marketing strategy and they'll take the money from anyone willing to pay.

May 21, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #5,618 of 7,306
20220521_162356.jpg

So I tried out Spinfit CP1025 on the Indigo which seemed fairly radical. They barely just roll over the nozzle and sit almost flush with the filter. I'm really liking it and I feel it's about as deep of insertion as possible.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #5,619 of 7,306
20220521_162356.jpg
So I tried out Spinfit CP1025 on the a Indigo which seemed fairly radical. They barely just roll over the nozzle and sit almost flush with the filter. I'm really liking it and I feel it's about as deep of insertion as possible.
If you like those you should try Epro TWS

May 21, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #5,621 of 7,306
Hi guys,

Shameless plug, I’m going to sell my mint Indigo for $1,500 without cable, so pm me if you are interested. ✌️

May 21, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #5,622 of 7,306
Hi guys,

Shameless plug, I’m going to sell my mint Indigo for $1,500 without cable, so pm me if you are interested. ✌️

Good deal for someone that already has high quality cables. It’s tempting me to sell the mest mkii and buy this.

May 22, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #5,623 of 7,306
Good deal for someone that already has high quality cables. It’s tempting me to sell the mest mkii and buy this.

It is absolutely mint with the receipt for the warranty and includes everything but the cable which I sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back