Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Apr 27, 2022 at 7:46 PM Post #5,567 of 7,310
I should post in the Classifieds forum ... WTB medium size UM stock "Blue Heart" tips. Seems I'm the only one who favors them. :wink:
Me too..they’re still my favorites and would like to get more.

Apr 27, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #5,569 of 7,310
Me too..they’re still my favorites and would like to get more.
Not sure if you can tell but I got a few extra sets from him earlier in the year all in medium

IMG_20220427_185104.jpg

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #5,572 of 7,310
I just found the SpinFit cp145 fits me now. It's a great tip that also floats in the ear canal. Loss of detail retrieval for a gain in subbass/midbass region. Slightly bloomy though but a fun tip to play with none the less.
Does a tip need to float in the ear canal. Because If it floats I go one size bigger where it is more stuck, it plops when it goes out.

Apr 28, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #5,573 of 7,310
Does a tip need to float in the ear canal. Because If it floats I go one size bigger where it is more stuck, it plops when it goes out.
Some I find float and some others go deeper and create the seal. I guess that comes down to your anatomy and the tip in question. But yes I like it when the tip floats and "plops" when it goes out. Usually means you had a good seal

Apr 28, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #5,575 of 7,310
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #5,576 of 7,310
Added the link to the MEXT intro page here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/un...of-bone-conduction.25639/reviews#review-28372

Check MEST's most attractive brother out there. Tons of positive reviews already.
There's also a full discussion thread for MEXT which is full of positive commentary and Q&A. Just posted my observations over there. In a nutshell - I LOVE this IEM, it's got everything in perfect balance. MEXT has a rich, warm sound without any hint of darkness. It's got great sub and mid bass with no bleed into beautiful lush mids, where vocals and strings are perfectly placed and plenty of sparkle & air up top without any harshness that can come from eStats. It's got a wonderful holographic property and texture and timbre of the drums rivals my all time favorite for that - the IMR EDP planar.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uni...mpression-thread.961460/page-12#post-16931423
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/uni...mpression-thread.961460/page-13#post-16938444

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #5,577 of 7,310
Here is a little trick for you DIYers willing to experiment. I took a Final Audio Type E tip and trimmed the nozzle barrel back by about 3/8's of an inch. This allows the tip to go much closer to the nozzle. Look at the pictures.

The reason I did this is because the Final Audio Type E tips are by far the most comfortable tips imo but too bassy and not enough resolution due to the extra long barrels. So I shortened the Barrell and it now has more detail, texture, zero bloom, and I just love it. Highly recommended if your willing.

Attachments

• IMG_20220429_165400.jpg
    IMG_20220429_165400.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220429_165418.jpg
    IMG_20220429_165418.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220429_165323.jpg
    IMG_20220429_165323.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220429_165438.jpg
    IMG_20220429_165438.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #5,578 of 7,310
Here is a little trick for you DIYers willing to experiment. I took a Final Audio Type E tip and trimmed the nozzle barrel back by about 3/8's of an inch. This allows the tip to go much closer to the nozzle. Look at the pictures.

The reason I did this is because the Final Audio Type E tips are by far the most comfortable tips imo but too bassy and not enough resolution due to the extra long barrels. So I shortened the Barrell and it now has more detail, texture, zero bloom, and I just love it. Highly recommended if your willing.
Going have to try that out. My problems with fit where always the height of tips never thought of trimming them down.

Not sure if you can tell but I got a few extra sets from him earlier in the year all in medium

Concerning the stock tips I ask Andrew and he sent would me a pair. I wanted to get another set so contacted Unique Melody by email asking if they knew who made them.
Unique Melody said there made for them but not available for retails sales. Then said I should contact Andrew. Since didn’t want to ask for another set I just dropped trying. They musta contacted Andrew because he sent me two more pairs. Wish they just offered the for sale but it is what it is for now.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #5,579 of 7,310
To all owners of a C9, the Hiby RS6, the PWA FT or the EA Code 51?:

Which settings of the C9 do you find best for the Indigo (or another UM MEST) with a 4.4 cable?

C9: SS A / Tube A / SS AB / Tube AB - High Gain / Normal Gain?

RS6: with or without C9 / Preset: UM MEST MK2 / UM MEXT / VE Erlkönig?

Cable: Stock / FT / Code 51?

May 3, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #5,580 of 7,310
To all owners of a C9, the Hiby RS6, the PWA FT or the EA Code 51?:

Which settings of the C9 do you find best for the Indigo (or another UM MEST) with a 4.4 cable?

C9: SS A / Tube A / SS AB / Tube AB - High Gain / Normal Gain?

RS6: with or without C9 / Preset: UM MEST MK2 / UM MEXT / VE Erlkönig?

Cable: Stock / FT / Code 51?

On the RS6 with MEST Indigo, I'm using:

Darwin 1 or 9
NOS: disabled
Atmosphere enhanced: disabled
Harmonic Controller: 0

I really like my HiBy RS6 but it is a flavored DAP. Sound wise, it is a bit too forward in the mids which, in my opinion, doesn't make it an ideal DAP pairing for MEST Indigo

MEST Indigo already have enough energy in the mids (lower and upper), which is why I am considering switching back to something that has been tuned "neutral but fun" and pocketable like Lotoo PAW 6000

The HiBy RS6 is probably the most fun and feature rich DAP that I have heard/owned in the price range but my preference is currently leaning towards more a neutral source pairing for MEST Indigo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back