Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Mar 25, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #106 of 7,306
Aaa ok so my regular 2pin would just be to wide.

Its okey I will one day read your review )

I am the last in the list lol so you guys will make a nice burn in on the iems sweet )
They will be ready to go out of the box!
Actually not really, the connectors for the UM extruded sockets are thicker than the regular 2pin connectors. Therefore the sockets can accommodate the 2pin without difficulties, the only point to keep into consideration is the phase, based on some comments I read on various forums the UM have a reverse phase compared to the 2pin earphones.
Here a couple of pictures I posted on the Me.1 thread

4D69BD59-4A3E-4FCF-A5A5-C7FB03F44EFC.jpeg
E0FA4E1D-C905-46A0-8EFD-1144CA68D9C2.jpeg

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #107 of 7,306
With lot of attention you can plug a regular 2pin connectors with these extruded sockets, i did it in the past a couple of time to understand the best cable to pair with.

Andrew from Musicteck asked me which cable termination i needed with the Mest, i'm not sure how is going to work going forward with the tour.

So what termination did you choose?

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #108 of 7,306
Actually not really, the connectors for the UM extruded sockets are thicker than the regular 2pin connectors. Therefore the sockets can accommodate the 2pin without difficulties, the only point to keep into consideration is the phase, based on some comments I read on various forums the UM have a reverse phase compared to the 2pin earphones.
Here a couple of pictures I posted on the Me.1 thread

I miss using my ME.1. :'(

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #110 of 7,306
Just made payment for the MEST at MusicTeck, big shoutout to Andrew for being awesome :)

Apr 2, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #114 of 7,306
Interesting product! Especially considering its price point. Hopefully i can have the honor of trying these out! Good job UM for making a super unique iem.

Apr 2, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #115 of 7,306
Any chances on getting a participation in the tour now?
Sorry for current round we are full. You can contact Musicteck, after this round.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 3, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #116 of 7,306
Sorry for current round we are full. You can contact Musicteck, after this round.

Hi UM, could you confirm the pins on the MEST is 0.78mm and standard polarity? Or is it the same with QDC and are reversed polarity?

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #117 of 7,306
Hi UM, could you confirm the pins on the MEST is 0.78mm and standard polarity? Or is it the same with QDC and are reversed polarity?
They are standard polarity.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 3, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #118 of 7,306
They are standard polarity.

Thanks for the update, do you all happen to sell adapters for this 2-pin extrusion? Some of our 2-pin cables are unable to fit inside the MEST. Would be nice if UM could produce some adapters for this as the stock cable is quite stiff.

Apr 24, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #120 of 7,306
I have a couple of impressions for the UM Mest.

After listening to the UM for 7 days, I have noticed that I couldn't part ways with the UM Mest so easily. Yes. The sound quality is that good. The detail retrieval is top-notch. The oBravo Cupid and UM Mest are fairly similar in that department, but that's all they have in common. The sound signature of the oBravo Cupid is quite dry in comparison to the UM Mest. So the oBravo Cupid sounds artificial by comparison. The UM Mest is full of life, emotion, and energy. Yet it keeps its energy under control. As for the soundstage, it's quite large. Definitely above average. Plus there's lots of air flowing across the stage and this breathes life into the music. As for the bass, there's a moderate amount of quantity and the texture is smooth, yet the impact is solid. The detail pops out because of the octaves. They are quite coherent. It's very easy to hear the distinct octaves. Bass guitar performance is excellent. Especially with bass-centric soundtracks. The mids are forward. Not too forward. The clarity and transparency are excellent and the vocals are lifelike. The treble is also moderately extended. I don't hear a roll-off of any sort. I do hear a brilliance of some sort. A brilliance that's faint which makes the atmosphere shimmer, including treble.

As for the gripes:

I couldn't wear the UM Mest for extended periods of time. This is because the earpieces were a bit big for my ears. It wasn't extremely uncomfortable, but it did give me slight discomfort after an hour and a half or so. I need to mention that my ears are super small. So that's probably why I felt slight discomfort.

Another gripe I have is the left connector. I don't know if it's a universal thing for removable cables, but the left connector is more difficult to remove. While the right connector is perfect. It's not too hard or not too easy to remove. The resistance from the left connector makes me nervous when I attempt to remove it from the left earpiece.

IMG_20200422_183335_290.jpg
IMG_20200422_183335_292.jpg

IMG_20200422_183335_298.jpg

IMG_20200422_183335_297.jpg

IMG_20200422_183335_324.jpg

IMG_20200422_183335_306.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back