Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Mar 25, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #93 of 7,303
Quick question are those have a regular mmcx connection?

Does it come with 4.4 balanced?
Or
Single ended?

Mar 25, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #95 of 7,303
I mean
The MEST has a 2-pin QDC-style connection on the IEM end.

You can choose either 2.5mm TRRS (balanced), 3.5mm TRS (SE) or 4.4mm TRRRS (balanced) for the source-end.

I mean the tour which termination is it?

Qdc this not like a regular 2 pin?

Mar 25, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #97 of 7,303
I mean

I mean the tour which termination is it?

Qdc this not like a regular 2 pin?

Ah! My bad!

I can't say on the tour unit.

Normal 2-pin is, I believe, 0.78mm pins, and QDC is 0.75mm. Also, the QDC style connection has the sockets protruding from the IEM shell, rather than being inset into it. So QDC connections tend to have a shrouded plug that fits around the protrusion on the IEM:

WitB UM3 (1024).jpg

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #98 of 7,303
Ah! My bad!

Normal 2-pin is, I believe, 0.78mm pins, and QDC is 0.75mm. Also, the QDC style connection has the sockets protruding from the IEM shell, rather than being inset into it. So QDC connections tend to have a shrouded plug that fits around the protrusion on the IEM:

WitB UM3 (1024).jpg

Ohh okey looks like it's the 0.75mm is the distance between the 2 pins?

Hmmm I hope the tour has at least the single ended cable. Cause I only use 4.4 pentaconn or as last resort the 3.5 unbalanced.

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #99 of 7,303
Ah! My bad!

WitB UM3 (1024).jpg
With lot of attention you can plug a regular 2pin connectors with these extruded sockets, i did it in the past a couple of time to understand the best cable to pair with.

Andrew from Musicteck asked me which cable termination i needed with the Mest, i'm not sure how is going to work going forward with the tour.

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #100 of 7,303
With lot of attention you can plug a regular 2pin connectors with these extruded sockets, i did it in the past a couple of time to understand the best cable to pair with.

Andrew from Musicteck asked me which cable termination i needed with the Mest, i'm not sure how is going to work going forward with the tour.

Haha I got a pw1960 4wires not sure I wanna play the bending game with that cable )

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #102 of 7,303
While I am much too lazy to write up an proper impressions at the moment ... I do have to say that I am LOVING the UM MEST.

And for reference, my other IEMS are the 64Audio tia Fourté and AAW Canary.

What differs with mest vs fourte?
I own the fourte noire a little different story )

Mar 25, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #105 of 7,303
Diameter of the pins themselves.

Aaa ok so my regular 2pin would just be to wide.

Its okey I will one day read your review )

I am the last in the list lol so you guys will make a nice burn in on the iems sweet )
They will be ready to go out of the box!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back