Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 13, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #1,741 of 7,306
Hi, does the HK and JP second/extra hole has the pressure relieve function? and does it affect the sound sig?
Yes, it does have a pressure relief function and it pulls up the frequency a bit. So the JP/HK version has a slightly brighter and crispier signature than the international version.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Feb 13, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #1,743 of 7,306
I'm about to join the club....

Finally got to demo the Mest. Wasn't looking to buy it, just wanted to see what the fuss was about and to compare to my InEar Prophile 8s.

A word to the wise - if you don't want to buy these IEMs, don't demo them.
I nearly cried three times in a 30 minute audition session. I said "Oh God!" out loud while checking out Kaf Kaf. I called the wife and God bless that woman, she gave me the go-ahead. The store I was testing in didn't have them in stock. WHAT?!?!?!

So I've ordered them, but it's taking a while due to CNY. Can't wait to have them. Absolutely awesome set of IEMs.

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #1,744 of 7,306
I'm about to join the club....

Finally got to demo the Mest. Wasn't looking to buy it, just wanted to see what the fuss was about and to compare to my InEar Prophile 8s.

A word to the wise - if you don't want to buy these IEMs, don't demo them.
I nearly cried three times in a 30 minute audition session. I said "Oh God!" out loud while checking out Kaf Kaf. I called the wife and God bless that woman, she gave me the go-ahead. The store I was testing in didn't have them in stock. WHAT?!?!?!

So I've ordered them, but it's taking a while due to CNY. Can't wait to have them. Absolutely awesome set of IEMs.
Well, enjoy them in good health, in the new year!

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:03 PM Post #1,745 of 7,306
Feb 14, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #1,746 of 7,306
Thanks for the info.. and 1 more.. does it work like how Fir and 64?? not to say is same tech but maybe similar function?

Kind similar, at least they share the same logic and have the same function. We have another technology called db-go on our flagships Mason and Mentor. It has an adjustable valve on each side, which is closer to the 64 modules but has more flexibility.

We have a hearing health department and they are developing hearing support technologies, as well as hearing protection accessories for musicians. So we are pretty mature in the hearing health field.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Feb 14, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #1,747 of 7,306
Guys, how MEST compare to Mentor v3 or Masion V3? Are Mentor and Masion truly upgrade or they are all different?

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #1,748 of 7,306
I've seen the universal UM Mest go on sale quite a bit just like it is right now. Does the CIEM version of the UM Mest ever go on sale? Like for Black Friday?

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #1,749 of 7,306
I've seen the universal UM Mest go on sale quite a bit just like it is right now. Does the CIEM version of the UM Mest ever go on sale? Like for Black Friday?
I haven’t ever seen it go on sale. It is challenging to build as a CIEM.

Feb 14, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #1,750 of 7,306
After using the Symbio W tips for an entire day, I like the seal and the sound, but they ended up hurting my ears after about 2 hours of use. They are too hard.

Now, I am using the Azla SednaEarFitLight ear tips and they are perfect. These are my new favorite ear tips. They are very comfortable and sound great. They were the hardest to put on due to their elasticity. But, this flexibility is what I believe makes them so comfortable. I like them so much, I am also using them on my Blessing 2 Dusk IEMs. Both have very large bore sizes.

I am noticing that the soundstage and imaging is different now. The bass is really great with these tips. I am wondering if what I am hearing is the so-called holographic imaging that I hear referenced every now and then. I honestly don't know what that means. Whatever it is, I like it.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #1,751 of 7,306
Just got the Mest , hoping it would be a great complimentary IEM to my CA Atlas and Legend X. Certainly is. So happy with it. Got it in 5 days from Musicteck….from USA to Australia! GREAT service from Andrew.
If you don't mind, how do the Mest and legend x compare? planning on getting the X but the Mest seems to be pretty hot recently. I have the CA Atlas and am torn between the next one to buy.

Feb 14, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #1,752 of 7,306
I just swapped cables on my Mest. I have a silver plated copper cable that I really like. But, when I listened to it, I thought the stock cable was better. So, I looked up the cable and I found the stock MEST cable sells for $424 on the Musicteck site. That is one expensive stock cable, especially for an IEM that is sellling for $1189 on the same site. This is not expectation bias because I thought the copper cable would be better and it wasn't.

Feb 15, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #1,753 of 7,306
If you don't mind, how do the Mest and legend x compare? planning on getting the X but the Mest seems to be pretty hot recently. I have the CA Atlas and am torn between the next one to buy.
....Hmmmm...MEST and LX are VERY different beasts :) My current IEM's are CA Atlas, LX, Mest and Sony IER Z1r. I love em all and they are keepers for me for now. In terms of "all rounders" - ie an IEM that I can just throw on and be confident its gonna play nice with any genre I throw at it...I would give the crown to the Sony. The MEST...is just a special gift when I want a GREAT detail treble, and just awesome "holographic" euphoric experience. It is a V/U type tuning, but I wouldn't call it a TOTL bass head experience, Like the LX is. You have the Atlas, as I do, and you are thinking of the LX... so chances are we have similar tastes. And even though Mest is not in that bass league of the LX (Mest EQ's really well though)...I LOVE IT as it is such a great compliment to my other units. Look...nothing I have tried is gonna give you that detailed SLAM of the LX...it is just perfect when you are in the mood for that. But...given you already have the Atlas (no slouch in the bass SLAM dept)....if you want some great variety...I reckon go the Mest...not to mention the $$$ difference. One thing with the Mest though....tips. Of course tip fit is crucial with all IEM's, but especially with the Mest. If you are a foam fan (I use foam with Atlas, silicone with the rest)...I would not suggest the Mest. IMO it just kills what is special about the Mest...makes it kinda generic. But, if you use a silicone that isn't a great fit with it, it can sound like a treble mess. For me, the key was finding the perfect fit silicone with it. For me, that ended up being the Spinfit Double Flange. Once I worked that out, I was in heaven with the Mest. It allowed for deeper insertion, and more shell to ear contact. Of course, double flange aint for everyone...Hope that all helps mate. Good luck!!!

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #1,755 of 7,306
....Hmmmm...MEST and LX are VERY different beasts :) My current IEM's are CA Atlas, LX, Mest and Sony IER Z1r. I love em all and they are keepers for me for now. In terms of "all rounders" - ie an IEM that I can just throw on and be confident its gonna play nice with any genre I throw at it...I would give the crown to the Sony. The MEST...is just a special gift when I want a GREAT detail treble, and just awesome "holographic" euphoric experience. It is a V/U type tuning, but I wouldn't call it a TOTL bass head experience, Like the LX is. You have the Atlas, as I do, and you are thinking of the LX... so chances are we have similar tastes. And even though Mest is not in that bass league of the LX (Mest EQ's really well though)...I LOVE IT as it is such a great compliment to my other units. Look...nothing I have tried is gonna give you that detailed SLAM of the LX...it is just perfect when you are in the mood for that. But...given you already have the Atlas (no slouch in the bass SLAM dept)....if you want some great variety...I reckon go the Mest...not to mention the $$$ difference. One thing with the Mest though....tips. Of course tip fit is crucial with all IEM's, but especially with the Mest. If you are a foam fan (I use foam with Atlas, silicone with the rest)...I would not suggest the Mest. IMO it just kills what is special about the Mest...makes it kinda generic. But, if you use a silicone that isn't a great fit with it, it can sound like a treble mess. For me, the key was finding the perfect fit silicone with it. For me, that ended up being the Spinfit Double Flange. Once I worked that out, I was in heaven with the Mest. It allowed for deeper insertion, and more shell to ear contact. Of course, double flange aint for everyone...Hope that all helps mate. Good luck!!!
Thanks for the great comparison.

I do agree about foam tips spoiling what makes the MEST so special, but I will add that if you’re willing to modify the foam tips, by cutting off maybe 1/3 of the end of the ear tip, it doesn’t affect the treble much. With the modified tips, the core will run the entire length of the ear tip. It is the foam overhang, that goes beyond the core, that primarily saps up all of the treble energy. For me, with cut Tenmak foams, a tiny bit of upper treble is dampened, making it sound more realistic to (and not as splashy sounding), plus I can insert the IEMs deep.

If you really want the ear tip to not affect the sound, cut around 1/2 of the ear tip end off, then the core essentially won‘t go past the end of the IEM nozzle, and the ear tip will only serve to seal the area between the nozzle and the walls of your ear canal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back